1. osu! forums
  2. osu!
  3. Gameplay & Rankings
show more
posted

RaneFire wrote:

YayMii wrote:

Just a question: will the new PP difficulty algorithm be replacing the current in-game star difficulty rating in the future?
And is there any way to integrate this with the client for beatmaps existing/already downloaded? So we can sort by difficulty in song select and it would be accurate?

Or is that what you meant?
That's exactly what I meant. The new difficulty algorithm rating is already visible on the beatmap pages EDIT: no longer visible :( . I wanna see them in game.
posted
Finally, a skill-based ranking that doesn't revolve around [Hard] farmers.

This is beautiful. No complaints.
posted

R e d wrote:

ItHR still have a over value?

Lets have Thelewa for example: He is really good Hr Hd but he don't have so much speed and DT accuracy as SnowWhite, Dungeon or DragonHuman.

I Respect Thelewa. But still think he don't deserve 3#
It depends a lot really. Some maps that are practically impossible to aim propely that only a handful of players can hdhr deserves pp as well. Don't you agree?

Speed isn't everything you know!
posted
I think this is a lot more fair than old pp system. One thing I wanted to say is that some scores are overestimated: my score on this map: http://osu.ppy.sh/b/338594&m=0 is 300 combo (with over 800 full combo) and 84,44% acc. Because it's fresh map I have #84, and probably for that reason it landed in my Top Ranks. I wouldn't consider this a good score, so I wonder why it's so high performance.
Also, because of that single score, my overall acc fell from 95,51% to 95,15%, which isn't cool :/
posted
posted
What about calculating accuracy with unstable rate? Or is it that hard to calculate on every map played?.
posted

Salvage wrote:

What about considering accuracy with unstable rate? Or is it that hard to calculate on every map played?.
I don't think it is possible since I don't think there is enough information stored to retrieve that value exactly.

It can be estimated though, as long as you ignore sliders (since sliders can potentially increase UR without reducing accuracy, since they don't need to be hit accurately).
posted
DT is better for pp, as FL. If i haв highscore with DT, but i've broken my old DT-record with FL, my old reord must be deleted from base and i lose pp, isn't it?
For exampe, WoobWoofWolf has his the best record for "Saiya - Remote Control" beatmap now. He has 5 misses, but he used DT+HD mode. But SnowWhite played this map without DT, with HD+HR, have FC, but doesn't have this map for Best Perfomance. If WoobWoofWolf plays now map without mods and break his own records, he loses old records and loses pp.
So, best score for beatmap is not best pp. It is better to use DT and don't play other mods without DT. Is it wrong?
update: I see answer in next post now, thank you.

posted

Wojowu wrote:

I think this is a lot more fair than old pp system. One thing I wanted to say is that some scores are overestimated: my score on this map: http://osu.ppy.sh/b/338594&m=0 is 300 combo (with over 800 full combo) and 84,44% acc. Because it's fresh map I have #84, and probably for that reason it landed in my Top Ranks. I wouldn't consider this a good score, so I wonder why it's so high performance.
Also, because of that single score, my overall acc fell from 95,51% to 95,15%, which isn't cool :/
The score rank you get on a map does not matter at all for the new pp. Only your performance together with the beatmap difficulty counts. Maybe the map was really hard? I've seen a C in jesus1412's best performance list and it was a crazy hard DT score, about as hard as FCing mendes with DoubleTime. I'll take a look what's happening with your scores, though.

R e d wrote:

ItHR still have a over value?

Lets have Thelewa for example: He is really good Hr Hd but he don't have so much speed and DT accuracy as SnowWhite, Dungeon or DragonHuman.

I Respect Thelewa. But still think he don't deserve 3#
thelewa only makes us believe he'd be slow. He 99.5%ed Chipscape! That's not slow. His top scores might not be the fastest, but they are an amazing combination of speed, aim and acc. That being said it doesn't mean, that you are wrong. I am just mentioning it. :)

UE95 wrote:

Will my pp benefit in any shape or form if I keep improving my previous scores? Also, does it have to be a drastic improvement? I'm really sorry if these are dumb questions, I'm just a bit overwhelmed by this new system :/
Score improvements won't always benefit your pp. On a map which is really hard to DT beating your DT score with HR might actually reduce your pp. This is currently a limitation I wish there wouldn't be, but it exists.

Salvage wrote:

What about calculating accuracy with unstable rate? Or is it that hard to calculate on every map played?.
Something similar to unstable rate is used. OD does play a huge role. We are already considering, to update the accuracy displayed in the player profiles to a more sensible measure, while maybe keeping the old value in parantheses.
posted

MosaicII wrote:

DT is better for pp, as FL. If i haв highscore with DT, but i've broken my old DT-record with FL, my old reord must be deleted from base and i lose pp, isn't it?
For exampe, WoobWoofWolf has his the best record for "Saiya - Remote Control" beatmap now. He has 5 misses, but he used DT+HD mode. But SnowWhite played this map without DT, with HD+HR, have FC, but doesn't have this map for Best Perfomance. If WoobWoofWolf plays now map without mods and break his own records, he loses old records and loses pp.
So, best score for beatmap is not best pp. It is better to use DT and don't play other mods without DT. Is it wrong?
You are correct. I wish this limitation wouldn't exist, but there is no possibility of changing it for the moment.
posted

Full Tablet wrote:

Salvage wrote:

What about considering accuracy with unstable rate? Or is it that hard to calculate on every map played?.
I don't think it is possible since I don't think there is enough information stored to retrieve that value exactly.

It can be estimated though, as long as you ignore sliders (since sliders can potentially increase UR without reducing accuracy, since they don't need to be hit accurately).
Including sliders, that was my point, but well i guess it can't be done.

Oh, ninja'd .. glad to hear that then tom :).
posted

Full Tablet wrote:

Salvage wrote:

Sliders and spinners already are ignored for the part of the calculation that is responsible for accuracy. But yeah, in the end it only is an approximation of unstable rate due to per-hitobject data not being available.
posted
I went from rank 15k to rank 9k. That's...something. I guess it's because I tried really hard to do well on harder songs and didn't farm normal/hards very much at all?
posted

MosaicII wrote:

The old ppv1 system had the same issue. A solution would be storing "best performances" separately from "best scores", but the problem is that would be expensive in term of server resources; and if the system has time degradation of scores, it wouldn't solve the problem in all cases (depending in how the degradation is implemented)
posted
Not sure if this belongs here but I'll ask anyway.

Are there plans on fixing the star star sytem by replacing it with the beatmap difficulty level?
posted
I'm not sure if I'm understand the "all scores are used" thing, but tell me if I'm right with this example:

Score 1: 10,000,000 score, played on normal, FC 100%.
Score 2: 3,000,000 score, played on DT/HD, had 1 miss. 99%.

My best score would show up as Score 1, but my best "performance" would probably be from Score 2, so the PP I get from Score 2 would count for my PP ranking?
posted

kreph wrote:

Not sure if this belongs here but I'll ask anyway.

Are there plans on fixing the star star sytem by replacing it with the beatmap difficulty level?
That sure sounds like a nice idea, considering all the maps already have a difficulty rating calculated by the system.
posted

Izzypookins wrote:

I'm not sure if I'm understand the "all scores are used" thing, but tell me if I'm right with this example:

My best score would show up as Score 1, but my best "performance" would probably be from Score 2, so the PP I get from Score 2 would count for my PP ranking?
All scores being used means that it doesn't have the limitation that tp had where it could only access top 50 score data. PPv2 has access to ranks beyond top 50 which is why they say all scores are used.
posted

Izzypookins wrote:

If both scores are on the same map, then the higher score value gets used, even if the other would give more pp. As I mentioned earlier we can not work around this at the moment.
If those 2 scores are on different maps, then how much pp you will get highly depends on how hard the maps are.
posted

Tom94 wrote:

Izzypookins wrote:

If both scores are on the same map, then the higher score value gets used, even if the other would give more pp. As I mentioned earlier we can not work around this at the moment.
If those 2 scores are on different maps, then how much pp you will get highly depends on how hard the maps are.
Got it! Thanks!
show more