forum

Performance Points feedback and suggestions (Standard)

posted
Total Posts
2,667
show more
Soarezi

dukambe wrote:

Well, imo it should count, but sucks for the HD+HR players i guess..
i doubt any of the current hd hr players on remote control could dt fc it anyways
Topic Starter
Tom94

dukambe wrote:

Rank on user profile not the same as rank on performance page/country page, which i guess is because of some hidden players. (Example: dragonhuman #8 and #4 country on profile, #6 on performance and #2 on country page)

Also what happens if i get a higher performance on a song where i already had a ranking. Just for example if i have HD+HR on Remote Control and then DT fc it, would the DT fc count?
The rank which has a higher score will count, that is the one which will end up marked as your best in the ingame scoreboard.
Sayuki
The new performance ranking is better than the old. Finally we have a good ranking.
Kaoru

Tom94 wrote:

dukambe wrote:

Rank on user profile not the same as rank on performance page/country page, which i guess is because of some hidden players. (Example: dragonhuman #8 and #4 country on profile, #6 on performance and #2 on country page)

Also what happens if i get a higher performance on a song where i already had a ranking. Just for example if i have HD+HR on Remote Control and then DT fc it, would the DT fc count?
The rank which has a higher score will count, that is the one which will end up marked as your best in the ingame scoreboard.
Silynn had a feature request for wiping scores intentionally, so that you could outrank yourself with better mods. I think score is still a really deprecated metric and shouldn't really be favored in situations outside of tournament play. It could make ppv2 a little more accurate if you chose to rank scores that way
Purple

dukambe wrote:

Well, imo it should count, but sucks for the HD+HR players i guess..
Thats entirely what HD is for. HR not enough to surpass HD plays? Use HDHR. DT not enough to surpass HDHR? Use DTHD.
Senryakku
I feel like there is some sort of justice with this update
dukambe

Soarezi wrote:

dukambe wrote:

Well, imo it should count, but sucks for the HD+HR players i guess..
i doubt any of the current hd hr players on remote control could dt fc it anyways
That was just an extreme example, i guess it makes more sense if for example i have a normal FC on a song and then DT fc with slider break or 1 miss which is worth alot more in PP but less in score. So isn't that weird that the "better" performance score isn't counted because the "worse" score is worth more? Would make more sense to just use one ranking (PP) for everything.

Edit: And if WWW had fcd Remote Control with HR/HD/Normal before, his DT score would never have counted, which is now his #1 performance.
Spyrunite
So to me it seems the way you would "grind" ppv2 is by getting full combo on fast, insane maps. That seems fairly good to me, something actually skillful being judged.
Kert
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/269963?m=0 - random DT gives more points than
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/96095?m=0 with HR

http://osu.ppy.sh/b/49067?m=0 gives way too much points, cosnsidering it's a lot easier than any of the above

In general I feel that DT gives qute a lot more than it should and HR on really small circles isn't as rewarding

And also FL?
FL is not favoured at all?
http://osu.ppy.sh/s/18156 - this must be one of my top plays, yet it's nowhere close
(my assumption is results are ordered almost in the same way as in tp)
nya10
It seems right to me, if I'm seeing my country top ranks. Well done :D

Also my top performance now seems right, not silly hard or normal there anymore :D
*FC'ed artcore jinja lunatic and didn't get pp seems wrong to me before*
Ziggo

Kert wrote:

http://osu.ppy.sh/b/269963?m=0 - random DT gives more points than
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/96095?m=0 with HR

http://osu.ppy.sh/b/49067?m=0 gives way too much points, cosnsidering it's a lot easier than any of the above

In general I feel that DT gives qute a lot more than it should and HR on really small circles isn't as rewarding

And also FL?
FL is not favoured at all?
http://osu.ppy.sh/s/18156 - this must be one of my top plays, yet it's nowhere close
(my assumption is results are ordered almost in the same way as in tp)
I agree to everything you've said. Also, I believe the actual rank of a score should be considered as well. This would indirectly increase the value of mods like FL and getting good accuracy on maps with complicated patterns.
Sync
well I'll be damned.

Nice to know you guys are collaborating!
TheLukay
i lost a shitload of ranks an my best performances are some weird stuff but nvm ._.
Myke B
gogo remote control~ :P
Kaoru
I'm curious to know.... Tom, do you know if peppy plans on releasing the algorithm for ppv2 ranks? Tp was public and I don't know how much you guys collaborated on the new ranking system. If they're anything similar I don't think it would be too big of a problem to make it public. I'm still curious about how peppy is going to deal with the feedback and how things will end up after any tweaks down the road
Omgforz
Taking rank into consideration is just going to please all hidden and FL players, but will shit on everyone else.
Topic Starter
Tom94

Kert wrote:

http://osu.ppy.sh/b/269963?m=0 - random DT gives more points than
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/96095?m=0 with HR

http://osu.ppy.sh/b/49067?m=0 gives way too much points, cosnsidering it's a lot easier than any of the above

In general I feel that DT gives qute a lot more than it should and HR on really small circles isn't as rewarding

And also FL?
FL is not favoured at all?
http://osu.ppy.sh/s/18156 - this must be one of my top plays, yet it's nowhere close
(my assumption is results are ordered almost in the same way as in tp)
FL gives a huge bonus on maps which are hard to aim. I am tallking about a 36% increase. However if the movement of the map you played is not that complicated, then even FL won't be able to pull it up by much. I've already been considering to increase FL's bonus even further in the past, since it makes aiming so much harder.

As for the HR rank vs your DT rank. I believe they are both very good and will keep tweaking the difficulty algorithm. It's hard to calll one of them both better than the other with good reasoning.


Ziggo wrote:

I agree to everything you've said. Also, I believe the actual rank of a score should be considered as well. This would indirectly increase the value of mods like FL and getting good accuracy on maps with complicated patterns.
This has been considered, but there are just too many cases where the scoring system fails in my opinion. Even having a small contribution could be fatal for some scores. As I said earlier, I am already thinking about way to increase the vallue of FlashLight without making it "overpowered" on harder maps. Pattern difficulty is not yet implemented but definitely planned.
Minihanky
I would appreciate it, if we can have access to the list where our songs who counts in the pp system are listed ;) So we can better our accuracy or our score on that maps :D
Topic Starter
Tom94

Minihanky wrote:

I would appreciate it, if we can have access to the list where our songs who counts in the pp system are listed ;) So we can better our accuracy or our score on that maps :D
Your 10 best scores are listed in your profile in the "Top Ranks" tab.
XGeneral2000

Tom94 wrote:

Your 10 best scores are listed in your profile in the "Top Ranks" tab.
I wonder, would it be possible to add a score's pp value to the client? So we could see the pp contribution to every score in-game?
show more
Please sign in to reply.

New reply