forum

Performance Points feedback and suggestions (Standard)

posted
Total Posts
show more
MauricioGG
ESTA BIEN EL JUEGO NO TENGO QUEJAS :)
[ -Neon- ]

zzSlayer wrote:

my problem was that it's the first time i cleared it with mods (newly downloaded song) and in history it said 24pp but it did not add to my overall pp. i cant understand this. sry
Again, pp doesn't accumulate, the play was worth 24pp but you probably already have much better plays wich are worth more so your total rank/pp didn't really get affected.

Or the server was lagging and it didn't add immediatly
KamaTocssssss
)
Kynoe
pogchamp
Hadiji
everyone, i want a feedback
how to be faster at osu
anybody please
Donovankiin
> Old play has 98% acc and sliderbreak
> Gets 100% acc and FC on the same map later
> Old play is somehow worth more

It may have been the spinners, but holy shit, if the deciding factor between which of the two was better is the spinners, that's kinda garbage in my opinion. I know I'm a new player but situations like these can be a little frustrating. If I'm misunderstanding how the scoring and pp system work, I'm sorry, just ignore this if that's the case. I know it's probably not a bug, I'm just being salty is all.

potion
My PP is messed up someone plz message me
karlabos
A question: are there frequent updates on the pp system? Or is it something that is already consolidated and tehrefore there's no point in ranting on a thread like this?
mcclennys
ank on user profile not the same as rank on performance page/country page, which i guess is because of some hidden players. (Example: dragonhuman #8 and #4 country on profile, #6 on performance and #2 on country page)

Also what happens if i get a higher performance on a song where i already had a ranking. Just for example if i have HD+HR on Remote Control and then DT fc it, would the DT fc count?
Only if you beat your old score
Codex250
The best part about playing osu! is it being skill based since i have only 1 day played but my pp is higher than the rest of people im my country who have been playing longer
Furyf1ghter
make someone do impossible map with M1ll10n PP song by camellia and make it 1million PP but literally impossible and rakned
Miguel Mella
I would like to be way faster at this garbage game
Jaer_old_2
So far so good, imo! good job :)
Coldeerr

Michi wrote:

No complaints from my end so far. :D
nice
aternal_old_2
egg
Farfocele
Please buff lower AR on higher star ratings in the rebalance
Seo Joo-Heon
'+'
TV4Free
Hey, I'm not sure if anyone on the developing side of osu! will see this, but I think it's something that needs to be said. Your ranking system is really cruel to those who have been inactive for loong periods of time. I just started playing again after just getting a good set up. Being gone for over 3/4 of the year, I'm not performing as well as I did months prior, so I want to play maps a BIT under my apparent skill ceiling, to get back in the rhythm of it. Here is where the issue lies: whenever I play through a map in the low 3 stars (my max is around 3.8 back then), let alone FC it; and I lose a LOT of rank!!! I get so tight when I lose hundreds of rankings for fc'ing a 3.3 star beatmap. HOWEVER, if I play a 3.5 map and get a B on it, I'll get a better result from it!! I know ranking isn't everything in this game, but it can be really demoralizing for someone who is trying to get into the game. again, not sure if anyone will see this in this dead of a forum.

Imma go back grinding and crying lol
Volchonokilli

MidwayLemur3 wrote:

I get so tight when I lose hundreds of rankings for fc'ing a 3.3 star beatmap. HOWEVER, if I play a 3.5 map and get a B on it, I'll get a better result from it!!
Imma go back grinding and crying lol
Right now a lot of people are very active in this game, so losing ranks is not you performing "not as good", it's simply other people playing at the same time as you and getting more performance points to their profile. If you are playing after a very long break and you'll be active, soon enough you'll see yourself getting a fair amount of ranks. Don't worry about it and have fun, with patience you'll see situation changing
gummibar
an issue i've been encountering ever since i started playing the game is that, per difficulty, the play with the highest score counts towards your rank, not the play with your highest performance points. this is incredibly frustrating as it makes it possible to lose rank when getting a new local #1 score with lower acc, and this happens to me alll of the time. for a famous example, if, after shigetora got his 817 on remote control, vaxei decided to hack into shigetora's account somehow and set his 813 which was higher score but lower pp, shigetora would lose 7 pp. this overall is not too huge of a deal, but it sucks. sucks quite a bit actually. yes, it is an actual thing. hand on heart, this is an actual thing. happened way too many times for it to be some kind of spectacular coincidence. i would be happy to spend some time providing some evidence if anyone thinks otherwise. thats not meant to be passive aggressive, i'm fine with doing it.

actually this may just be incorrect. mrekk's 1k on imagination overwrote his 900 even though it has lower score. strange. unless the addition of hr has something to do with this, i'm completely off the mark.
YounGeRr
think cool
Makochi
Poggers
vanati
pp buff pls
c0ra
abolish pp
[ KrulYuno ]
Oh, buffing lower AR is also nice.
Vivers
ok)
Younggeddes
I'm a 6-digit that just got this with the new pp system:

I thought for sure this would be my pp best on this map because it outshined my previous best in every aspect. However I check my plays and I see this:

I feel something is very wrong in how pp is calculated now. At least...exceptions like this should not exist.

Edit, this just in:

I have so many questions...

Are the in-game pp totals still using the old pp algorithm?

As for the Black Rover debacle, the combo count on the C rank was higher, and without NF, its score would be higher...but the acc is so bad and in that run I definitely would have failed so surely the pp value takes a hit no? So then I ask as well, are the pp values in our profiles all updated to the new algorithm?
wont
so I uh just went up 30k ranks after playing a map, (which by the way isn't any of my top plays) I'm assuming pp rework is here?
Qneto

Messiah_ wrote:

so I uh just went up 30k ranks after playing a map, (which by the way isn't any of my top plays) I'm assuming pp rework is here?
same here I just went up over 100k in ranks by playing a map.
RockRoller

Vivers wrote:

ok)

Messiah_ wrote:

Qneto wrote:

Messiah_ wrote:

Please be aware that there currently are major changes to the system in process. Read more in the related news article: home/news/2021-01-14-performance-points-updates
FourCan
Since nowadays, more tournaments are being hosted across different ranges. why not design an ai or some sort of compiler that would notice the similarities between the maps and difficulties of a pool to give pp according to the style of mapping that the maps are in. for example some 5.3* tech maps are about in equivalent difficulty as to those aim maps at 5.7 but they give way less pp. maybe if we could set maps with difficulties that are according to their tournament counterparts it would give a slightly more accurate representation of how much pp a map should deserve and reflect its difficulty slightly more accurately.
Syrup_

FourCan wrote:

Since nowadays, more tournaments are being hosted across different ranges. why not design an ai or some sort of compiler that would notice the similarities between the maps and difficulties of a pool to give pp according to the style of mapping that the maps are in. for example some 5.3* tech maps are about in equivalent difficulty as to those aim maps at 5.7 but they give way less pp. maybe if we could set maps with difficulties that are according to their tournament counterparts it would give a slightly more accurate representation of how much pp a map should deserve and reflect its difficulty slightly more accurately.
They dont do this because they dont have someone that can make an ai for this, but if they did it would most likley take a little while cause of how many ranked maps there are so many ranked maps.
[LS]PositoniX

iuzu wrote:

it would most likley take a little while cause of how many ranked maps there are so many ranked maps.
i bet that would work really well on mania than
Turky_sandwich

Qneto wrote:

Messiah_ wrote:

I went from 1.1 mil to 700k from the rework lol. Playing the map just updates all your stats post-rework and adjusts all your top plays
[ plutoh ]
Are people still talking about the rework pp gain & loss? It happened in like January so by now all of you should've at least played 1 game since then. Maybe not, but if I remember right when the rework happened I initially dropped 80k ranks then gained like 180k the next day and it took me to 500k. Now 2 months later im at 160k hehe im a dirty pp farmer

edit:hehe i was post 2700
CentricalMC

qtplutoh wrote:

Are people still talking about the rework pp gain & loss? It happened in like January so by now all of you should've at least played 1 game since then. Maybe not, but if I remember right when the rework happened I initially dropped 80k ranks then gained like 180k the next day and it took me to 500k. Now 2 months later im at 160k hehe im a dirty pp farmer

edit:hehe i was post 2700
i joined after pp rework so i have no clue how it was before the rework.
tumadrepro
hi guys, so my game is kinda broken. So long story short I want to rank up but I can't because i play maps and get some A's or B's from maps that are at my level and still don't get any rank the only time is when I go to school and play there, that's the only time that I can play and my rank goes up
mapko--
das PP System ist ja mal so scheiße. Ich hasse den ersteller. Bitte ändern.
gemida
@mapko-- learn to play noob
Adachi-Sakura

Tom94 wrote:

Hello everyone,

please leave your feedback for the Standard mode performance ranking here. Every suggestion is appreciated!

Changes to the system are documented in the changelog.
my best play is gone because I played the map again and got less pp.

Great ranking, I love it when you see that you are improving
show more