forum

New PP System Questions

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
China
Hey, I was just wondering if the ranks I got while the system was down counts towards my pp now since the system is back up? I went from 10k to 25k even though I ranked on quite a bit of songs in the time the system was down.
TakuMii
The scoring system was up the whole time. Since the new system looks at all ranks, there's no reason it wouldn't.
PlasticSmoothie
Yes, it did count your new scores. However, it seems this system doesn't care about what rank you get on the song. If you get a good rank on an easy song it won't care, you're better off trying to do well on things that are difficult even though you won't get a good rank on that.
winber1
it looks as if the new pp system has some sort of difficulty factor in it now, as it seems that i ranked up quite a bit, without trying to do anything. So that could be a cause of why you dropped so much. Though I have no idea how pp works anyway.
Topic Starter
China
Difficulty? All of my ranks were on hard/insane songs, not sure how much that counts for...
Myke B
I hope peppy updates the Performance points changelog soon.
BlackMidKnight
I am feeling sad today. I don't know if this is the new pp system or not but my performance point decreases from 3,411pp to 518pp and from rank #37171 to rank #122287 :( . My old stat was obtained before the pp system maintenance... :( :( :(
Sal32
Maybe it's all about accuracy now??
uzzi
I'm curious about accuracy now. Do maps that give more pp have a greater influence on accuracy?
Myke B

- [ U z z I ] - wrote:

I'm curious about accuracy now. Do maps that give more pp have a greater influence on accuracy?
That's what I'm saying yo. I wish peppy would update the changelog.
funnytrees

Myke B wrote:

- [ U z z I ] - wrote:

That's what I'm saying yo. I wish peppy would update the changelog.
If accuracy had a greater influence, I don't think I would've gone up by ~1000 ranks. =P

On the other hand, I don't think my friend, who always tries for SS, would have gone down by ~45000 ranks.
Topic Starter
China
Oh wow hey funnytrees. Still remember me? I multiplayed with you yesterday.
funnytrees

China wrote:

Yup, the Canadian guy named China. :)
Topic Starter
China

funnytrees wrote:

China wrote:

Yup, the Canadian guy named China. :)
I'm Chinese :P
Tribor
Lol those guys again
TuckingFypo
I went from rank 14k to rank 9.5k, probably has something to do with the difficulty of maps you play. I've heard it's similar to osu!tp without the top 50 scores limitation.

Edit: Just jumped to 7.5k, thank you based osu gods
uzzi

TuckingFypo wrote:

I went from rank 14k to rank 9.5k, probably has something to do with the difficulty of maps you play. I've heard it's similar to osu!tp without the top 50 scores limitation.
Quite right.
-Chronopolis-

ashketchum1234 wrote:

I am feeling sad today. I don't know if this is the new pp system or not but my performance point decreases from 3,411pp to 518pp and from rank #37171 to rank #122287 :( . My old stat was obtained before the pp system maintenance... :( :( :(
Your top performances are filled with normals and a hard. If you do well on some insane songs, your rank should go up.
Novalogic
The main issue remains - pp still is farmable. Hence - although it is better than v1, it is still worse than osutp in my opinion.
Mathsma

Novarythmic wrote:

The main issue remains - pp still is farmable. Hence - although it is better than v1, it is still worse than osutp in my opinion.
How is pp farmable atm?
Topic Starter
China

Mathsma wrote:

Novarythmic wrote:

How is pp farmable atm?
I just managed to farm 5k, I got SS on Open Window on hard with HD, beating my previous score by replacing two 100s with 300s and I only went up 12 more places on the song rank, but my overall rank went up by 1.5k...
Tom94

China wrote:

I just managed to farm 5k, I got SS on Open Window on hard with HD, beating my previous score by replacing two 100s with 300s and I only went up 12 more places on the song rank, but my overall rank went up by 1.5k...
Keep in mind, that we are in the middle of throwing inactive players out of the rankings. Everyone will gain many ranks, even without playing. By playing a map you merely make the system re-calculate yourself immediately, making it look like the play was responsible for all the change.
Novalogic
@Mathsma I just checked ranking of a few players from both osutp and new pp system. Those, who had many low lvl ranked scores worth not much tp and were ranked rather low on osutp, in comparison were higher on new pp v2 ranks. Conclusion - if you farm many easier maps you're higher in pp rank (ofc only to some extension. Farming will never give you rank too much higher than your actual skill )
jesse1412

Novarythmic wrote:

Spoilers: It is osu! tp.
Tom94
osu!tp is still a lot more tailored towards "hardcore"-players. Farming in the current system is very possible to a degree, but once you enter the higher ranks it gets harder and harder to farm up.
darkmiz
new pp: farm DT
TakuMii
I found it easier to just go to the beatmap listing page and play through whatever's considered to be "difficult" ;)
Rewben2

darkmiz wrote:

None of my DT scores went to my top rankings, and I've been stalking profiles of a similar rank of my own for scores to try and beat and haven't seen many DT scores either.
GoldenWolf

Rewben2 wrote:

darkmiz wrote:

None of my DT scores went to my top rankings, and I've been stalking profiles of a similar rank of my own for scores to try and beat and haven't seen many DT scores either.
yo look at my best perfs, they're almost exclusively DT scores lol

then again I play almost only DT, but none of my HD/HR scores showed up there ;_;
Almost

Rewben2 wrote:

darkmiz wrote:

All mine are DT. Probably depends on what DT scores you have.
Topic Starter
China
80% of the songs I play are on insane, all of my best performances are insanes, some even with mods, and yet I still went down from 10k to 25k ._. well 18k now but thats still a pretty bad decrease.
jumph
Why is it that when I get around 1% lower on a song than my overall accuracy my accuracy drops almost 3-4 times of what it did before the new pp system, if the new system counts all songs played then shouldn't I be dropping even less....
Almost

jumph wrote:

Why is it that when I get around 1% lower on a song than my overall accuracy my accuracy drops almost 3-4 times of what it did before the new pp system, if the new system counts all songs played then shouldn't I be dropping even less....
Your accuracy on your userpage isn't your average accuracy across all beatmaps.
deletemyaccount
Im assuming that since rrtyui is now ranked 1st that the new system works

donthatepls
thelewa
I'm not #1 so I don't think the system works
Yano

thelewa wrote:

lewl
raww_old

thelewa wrote:

just mash your buttons harder and spam faster, disregard accuracy and you'll get #1 soon enough