forum

Check it out! ppv2 coming!

posted
Total Posts
show more
Myke B

Soarezi wrote:

haha ppv1 1100+ > ppv2 498 feels good man
I bet lol :) I hope that I can see some sick results now that I have a motive to fc "hard" songs (not the difficulty hard).
Asagi

ashketchum1234 wrote:

I am only use a typical mouse and keyboard and a tablet case as a mousepad and insane beatmaps are way harder than I could think... :|
If you cant play insane then dont complain about pp drop, thats all :|
FlameseeK
Lost more than 50% of my previous pp, my global rank is nearly what it previously was times 2. What am I supposed to make out of all this? There's no explanation regarding what's changed. Not only is that very confusing, but also fairly discouraging. I mean, it would be nice to know what the hell is going on...
JanteSmith
Well im fine with that new rankingsystem :3
Asagi
Well i loss 70% of my previous PP but i have no complains at all, its the matter of skills anyway,not the rank
Skills =/= Rank
BlackMidKnight

-Asagi wrote:

ashketchum1234 wrote:

I am only use a typical mouse and keyboard and a tablet case as a mousepad and insane beatmaps are way harder than I could think... :|
If you cant play insane then dont complain about pp drop, thats all :|
You're right. The only thing that I can do for today is to practice, practice, practice so I can overcome insane beatmaps. I think because my pp dropped because it's a motivation hahahha :) ... Wish me luck :D

Additionally, ppv2 is more like unstable right now since I noticed that my hit accuracy is pretty much inaccurate right now, my previous accuracy is 98.xx%
Sourlan

Milo wrote:

ppv2: #7761
tprank: #23434

because i like play none? :?
ppv2: #22134
tprank: #8338

because i like play normals? ;;
mekadon_old
ppv1 - 10k-ish
tp - 7787
ppv2 - 9457

hoh
Mathsma

FlameseeK wrote:

Lost more than 50% of my previous pp, my global rank is nearly what it previously was times 2. What am I supposed to make out of all this? There's no explanation regarding what's changed. Not only is that very confusing, but also fairly discouraging. I mean, it would be nice to know what the hell is going on...
The new ranking system takes difficulty into account rather than your rank on the map compared to others. If before you farmed normals/hards for rank your rank will have dropped probably, if someone only did insanes, his rank would have gone up because he played harder songs.
Arvess
Before, my top ranks is only filled with hards and normals... Now finally, my effort for playing insanes are rewarded... :cry:
Bass
Apparently pp does update in other modes, but we can't see numbers yet.
TehRoboRoller
It seems to value accuracy fairly highly. I had 97,63% with 371 combo on a song. This was my #10 top performance. After going back and getting FC on it (417 combo) but with only 95,25% it is still my #10 performance.
hinamizawan
#657 to #1188 oh god
congrats to ppfarmers tho
Relm
My Top Rank maps make a lot more sense, but I don't like that I dropped from 4,500 to 9,329.. even though it's probably accurate considering how bad I am :)
FlameseeK

-Asagi wrote:

Well i loss 70% of my previous PP but i have no complains at all, its the matter of skills anyway,not the rank
Skills =/= Rank
This definition of skill seems to be a little... dim, to say the least? It's not like I didn't improve tons by working on my accuracy, getting higher combos than I used to, and beating songs with mods that I'd never cared about to make certain songs more interesting. I don't see how my skilll dropped so much at all, which is why I think this is confusing.

Mathsma wrote:

FlameseeK wrote:

The new ranking system takes difficulty into account rather than your rank on the map compared to others. If before you farmed normals/hards for rank your rank will have dropped probably, if someone only did insanes, his rank would have gone up because he played harder songs.
Thanks for the response. It's kind of ironic people call it farming, when the truth is that those maps were the ones who got my accuracy up in the first place. My consistency was also awful before going back to easier stuff. If what you're saying is right, then I suppose I'd just have to play more insanes to translate practice into pp. I hope.
Hello Skitty
ppv2: #9,798
tp: #6844

still better than ppv1, in wich i was around #5000 XD
Asagi

FlameseeK wrote:

-Asagi wrote:

Skills =/= Rank
This definition of skill seems to be a little... dim, to say the least? It's not like I didn't improve tons by working on my accuracy, getting higher combos than I used to, and beating songs with mods that I'd never cared about to make certain songs more interesting. I don't see how my skilll dropped so much at all, which is why I think this is confusing.
I didnt say that you skill and PP both dropped lol
At least i can say that the rank is now depends on skills because of the new system, i guess, compare to the old system
Akali
Artie Youi #1, Happy, Ely and some other underrated people in top 50, works fine IMO
jesse1412

Soarezi wrote:

haha ppv1 1100+ > ppv2 498 feels good man
1200+ to 250.

Also:

washedupplayer
Even tough I dropped ~5k rank I like it more than v1, I think this is more accurate.

v1: ~6200ish
v2: 11844
tp: 6967
FlameseeK

-Asagi wrote:

At least i can say that the rank is now depends on skills because of the new system, i guess, compare to the old system
Yes, I know. My skill improved a lot by playing those maps, so I found it weird that it didn't directly translate into pps in this new system.
Mamoru Senpai

FlameseeK wrote:

-Asagi wrote:

Yes, I know. My skill improved a lot by playing those maps, so I found it weird that it didn't directly translate into pps in this new system.
In your case, this might be true. But a lot of people abused it. People who were able to FC harder stuff still played hards for "farming" PP. Of course, those "easier" diffs are to practice and getting accurate but it's definitely good, that you get now benefits for harder maps.
cptnXn
pp: ~350
tp: 14
ppv2: 33

im kinda happy because my honor in form of only playing dem really insane maps finally pays off

GJ Peppy <3
Cyclohexane
Woaw. This is way different. My one-hit wonder FC on Zenpuu no Mai is even sitting up there.

Tanked about 5k ranks, but I'm more hyped than ever to get these back, honestly!
I'm hoping scoring follows that same direction, cause I'm liking it! I feel that my top plays really reflect my best performances now, and not just "good job you SH'd a Hyper diff"
Yarissa
ppv1: 53
ppv2: 165
tp: 175

Not bad! Now to see if I can get an impressive rank in this one :)

And pass a certain someone
el-ev-en
Half Time + very hard beatmaps. Probably it is new farmway for unskilled players.
Mara
PPV1: #3000
Old PPV2: #925
New PPV2: #1790
TP: #3500

No matter what ranking system is being used, it just tells how shitty I am at this game.
Yarissa
It's okay Mara. To me, you're #1
RaneFire
old ppv1: 1800'ish (don't remember exactly)
old ppv2: 1200'ish (also don't remember exactly)

new ppv2: #1276
tp: #1894

I don't know what's going on xD. What's it doing? Why is a 94% my top performance? (I guess I don't have many good ranks anyway)

Edit: Glad to see Tom's involved with his beatmap difficulty. Looks good so far!
TakuMii
Got a 94% Remote Control no mod FC in my top10. Not complaining :P
silverwalls
36k -> 94k
why thank you <3
Tom94
Just a quick note for everyone who experiences a big drop in ranks. In the previous pp system players who were inactive were not counted. This is not added to the new system yet, so please wait a little while. Your rank drop might not be that bad - potentially it even rose? :P
Topic Starter
waxman

Tom94 wrote:

Just a quick note for everyone who experiences a big drop in ranks. In the previous pp system players who were inactive were not counted. This is not added to the new system yet, so please wait a little while. Your rank drop might not be that bad - potentially it even rose? :P
Thanks for giving a new system. :D

WE KNOW YOU MUST BE HELPING A NEW SYSTEM. IT'S A REVOLUTION.

~ How to read Japanese ~

According to his twitter, rrtyui said that when I saw the new system, I have been from 16 years old to 1 year old. @@ This means (his age (16 years) = #16(ppv1)) on Nico Live. Some of the viewers said you are not 16 years old because of his voice. You know his voice looks like older person. Also, one of the viewer said your age is the same as rank(ppv1#16). If you improved your rank you would be younger. We were laughing so hard. So he must say 1 year old( because of #1 on ppv2 ).

Akali

YayMii wrote:

Got a 94% Remote Control no mod FC in my top10. Not complaining :P
I had 608 combo B from 5 months ago in top performances. Fixed to one miss A today, still remote control seems broken :D

waxman wrote:

Thanks for giving a new system. :D

WE KNOW YOU MUST BE HELPING A NEW SYSTEM. IT'S A REVOLUTION.
Be our glorious leader comrade Waxman ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)