forum

Check it out! ppv2 coming!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
waxman
I'm not sure that this system looks like tp! system, when I saw top 50.

ppv2 → https://osu.ppy.sh/p/pp

pp farmer → (ノ≧∇≦)ノ pp CANDY!

~ In my case ~
ppv1 #1587
previous ppv2 #757
the newest ppv2 #1256
tp! #1870

Good job peppy. Take a rest. :D
My rank is much worse. I'm so happy, because I have no osu! skill.
Myke B
I don't even.
jackisgone
its not tp, seems pretty dam similar tho considering im exactly my tp rank
Myke B
yea, it's about 3k higher than my tp. Not really sure what it's based on. I hope peppy announces what it's based on, so I know exactly what to work for.
TakuMii
People are speculating that it's similar to the TP system without the top50 limitation. Nothing confirmed though. But the difficulty calculation it's using doesn't seem that far off from what Tom is using.
-Ryosuke
tp ranking #148
ppv2 ranking #147

yup kinda similar, the criterias must be almost the same
Myke B
It doesn't seem to have updated much from last weekend for me, except for the accuracy.
PPv2 rank: 10940
TP rank: 7642
Soarezi
im #498 on ppv2, about #600+ on TP
D33d
It seems to have put my rank at a more expected figure as well. For some reason, I had been sat in the 3,000s. Now I'm 15k. Much fairer in my opinion, since I barely play this game--let alone many new maps. The system at least looks like it's working for now.
TakuMii

Myke B wrote:

It doesn't seem to have updated much from last weekend for me, except for the accuracy.
Check your "Top Ranks" on your profile. The maps there should be different than what was there a week ago.
Tekklorn
My ranking seems to be much better calculated than with the previous ppv2, awesome work from peppy :D
Nathanael
I wonder why these inactive players are included again on the rankings? <.<
Myke B

YayMii wrote:

Myke B wrote:

Check your "Top Ranks" on your profile. The maps there should be different than what was there a week ago.
Yeah, I did. They make sense. I just don't believe I have the rank to match, but maybe I'm wrong :) just seems kinda odd that everyone's tp rank is close to their ppv2 rank except for mine.
uzzi

Myke B wrote:

just seems kinda odd that everyone's tp rank is close to their ppv2 rank except for mine.
Can relate!
Venumidas
Play every day 6+ hours, do maps you thought beeing impossible 2 days ago, get -2.5k PP lose 60k world ranks and ~250 ranks in my country.

Nice system you got there.... NOT!
Sohma99
So far this new PPv2 seems rly great.
Rewben2
Damn, I went to 12k from 6k. It looks like the new system is favouring my insane no-mod fc's, which I have few of. None of my DT scores are in my best performance though, so I guess I'm gonna experiment with insanes.
uzzi

Venumidas wrote:

Play every day 6+ hours, do maps you thought beeing impossible 2 days ago, get -2.5k PP lose 60k world ranks and ~250 ranks in my country.

only 6+? casual.
jackisgone

Venumidas wrote:

i dont think people above 20k should even be able to talk about the ranking system lol
Disclude

Myke B wrote:

Yeah, I did. They make sense. I just don't believe I have the rank to match, but maybe I'm wrong :) just seems kinda odd that everyone's tp rank is close to their ppv2 rank except for mine.
If it's close to TP system, you need to realize that there will be more disparity the "higher"(bigger numbers like over rank #1000), because some of your good scores weren't in top 50, and TP could only use top 50 scores...some other people have lots of good scores that weren't in top 50 as well, therefore they may be higher than their tp rank, where you're lower. It's seemingly more accurate for the low numbers, like 3-digit ranks, etc.
Milo
ppv2: #7761
tprank: #23434

because i like play none? :?
Lach
This seems pretty well done, from what I've seen. Good work magic girl ppy.
kozuka
If it is using osu!tp's formula of calculating I hope osutp.net gets updated (to record not just top 50 scores) so I get to see the aim/speed/acc values of my scores :3

top 50 is just too hard yo...
Mamoru Senpai

Venumidas wrote:

mad cuz hardfarming cockblock

rrtytui #1, system works. <3
PlasticSmoothie
I'm impressed. GJ Peppy!
Lach

kozuka wrote:

If it is using osu!tp's formula of calculating I hope osutp.net gets updated (to record not just top 50 scores) so I get to see the aim/speed/acc values of my scores :3

top 50 is just too hard yo...
It clearly has access to every score. https://osu.ppy.sh/b/192508?m=0 is in my top plays, yet I'm rank 900 on the map. I just had 99.28% acc.
Asagi
Better than the old PP system
Seems more fair other player that plays insane
Gaining PP while Improving

GJ ppy \o\
Myke B
It's top 1000
Lunah
DSan #8 lmao
Ciao

Mamoru Senpai wrote:

Venumidas wrote:

mad cuz hardfarming cockblock

rrtytui #1, system works. <3

Andrea #477, system works <3
Bauxe
~580 -> ~290

Too generous. ;_;

Oh and like 360 TP or so.
XPJ38
Calm down guys.
Asagi
rrtyui = 7925 pp
WWW = 7386 pp
Almost 550 pp difference

rrtyui really deserves to be #1 XD
The system really works <3
Soarezi

Myke B wrote:

It's top 1000
no its not, i have a #2100 score in my best performance
Myke B

Soarezi wrote:

Myke B wrote:

It's top 1000
no its not, i have a #2100 score in my best performance
Oh, cool. Last weekend I believe it was only 1000.
show more