forum

osu! dictionary

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Trash Boat
this thread will help people to understand the meaning of the lingo the users may talk. feel free to contribute with your own knowledge

AP: stands for Auto Pilot mod. the cursor will move on its own, you just have to click at the rhythm of the music.
AU: stands for Automatic mod. the game will show you a perfect automatic gameplay of the map you choose
DT: stands for Double Time mod. the game will go twice as faster
EZ: stands for Easy mod. the hit circles will be bigger, the health bar will drain slower and it will refill if it depletes.
FL: stands for Flash Light mod. the viewing area will be extremely reduced to a few inches from the cursor. it may shrink
HD: stands for Hidden mod. the approach circles will not appear and the hit circles will fade within a few seconds of appearing
HR: stands for Hard Rock mod. the speed of the approach circles will be faster than usual, the hit circles will be small and the location of them will be inverted. also the health bar will drain faster
HT: stands for Half Time mod. the speed of the game will be cutted by half.
Jump: an action that consist in hitting 2 circles one after the another, but the distance between them is very long.
NF: stands for No Fail mod. no matter how much you suck, you will not fail with this mod on
RL: stands for Relax mod. no need to click, just move the cursor along with the circles
SD: stands for Sudden Death mod. just 1 fail and its Game Over!
Shitmap: a map that neither Bancho(or god. or Chuck Norris) can complete without fail. that because of the massive overlap of hittable objects that map has
SO: stands for Spun Out. the spinners will be automatically completed.

thanks for reading. as i said, feel free to contribute with your own knowledge
Zeraph
wrong forum wrong forum wrong forum wrong forum wrong forum wrong forum wrong forum wrong forum wrong forum wrong forum wrong forum wrong forum
wrong forum wrong forum wrong forum wrong forum wrong forum wrong forum wrong forum wrong forum wrong forum wrong forum wrong forum wrong forum
Topic Starter
Trash Boat
nah i dont think so
Yoeri
Topic Starter
Trash Boat
yeah no. some terms that i added are missing on that glossary
Yoeri
Well then fucking add them, it's a Wiki for a reason.
Tanzklaue

Trash Boat wrote:

yeah no. some terms that i added are missing on that glossary
i think this statement gave me an aneurysm.
DenoisoGoiso

Zeraph wrote:

no
it's not forum or anything
gg
https://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/Glossary
i don't think if this thread was should in OT forum
NotEvenDoomMusic
quality contribution by battler/trash once again.
Shellghost
Couldn't have said it better myself.

This definitely thread wasn't should in OT forum.
South
posting in a locked thread
Topic Starter
Trash Boat

South wrote:

posting in an unlocked thread
then where it should be?
Yoeri
No, guys, Off-Topic totally means everything osu! related.
Topic Starter
Trash Boat
uff, finally someone that understands me
IppE
I like cats.
Sal32
*Rawr
Nice info btw
Topic Starter
Trash Boat
thx. i bet that nobody knew whats a shitmap until now
dkun
your name may be trash boat, but off-topic isn't a trash boat

nah this is a pretty good thread though. refer to general development/g&r. let me know if you want a purge+move.
tossing a lock for now, though.