Trash Boat
peppy, u have a competitor
Topic Starter
Tahoma_old

Navizel wrote:

The other one looks like a horizontal CTB
Maybe, we'll see it tomorrow anyway
bmin11
Unlimited amount of (other) community generated music beatmaps.

Well, I guess they gotta start some where.
Luna
bmin's av perfectly describes my reaction to this trailer
Trash Boat
still editing...
bmin11
People will move if they think the game/community is better. This happens to every games really.

However, I found rhythm gamers to typically just branch out rather then abandoning for one another >_>
TakuMii
By the looks of it, it's probably just going to be a Hexis for osu!mania and CTB. In other words, it'll probably have a regular player count of about 5.
Topic Starter
Tahoma_old
CTB is very easy and stupid. I don't think someone will use it as a base for making a rhythm game. It'll be cool if we had to press some keys in that mode though
TakuMii
I might give it a try if it plays more like Bit.Trip Beat (i.e. sideways CtB with more complex patterns, cursor control).
But after a second look at the trailer, it looks like it might play like Boom Boom Rocket (kinda like StepMania, except with colored circles corresponding to an Xbox controller's ABXY instead of arrows, flying from various directions at a single line).
blowmenow
Omg, this looks so promising and its only beta, i am really excited about it, will download tomorrow, and you guys?
Trash Boat
dont try this on a computer with integrated Intel graphic cards. it doesnt work
Navizel
lol scrub
Trash Boat
if u downloaded it before today, uninstall it and re download it, let the updater do his job and play. but you must have XNA Framework installed before and a decent Non-intel graphic card. seems to have better quality than osu!, but thats just my opinion. however, it seems that it has not been designed for PC with low resources
Chamelo
I've tried it.
The tutorial is 5-star (out of 10) and consists of 1/4 streams and jumps. WTF.
Trash Boat
how did u went? D, C, B, A, S or SS?
Chamelo

Trash Boat wrote:

seems to have better quality than osu!
Seems to be much complicate than osu!*

But I don't care much, since they're in a open beta. They'll need around half a year or so to develop it.

I've got A in tutorial (5 star) and B in Fantastic Future on Easy. (4.5 stars)

EDIT: I forgot, I can't double post in non-forum-game thread. ;w;
Trash Boat

CTs-Th wrote:

EDIT: I forgot, I can't double post in non-forum-game thread. ;w;
lol why not? and by quality i mean visual quality
Chamelo
That's incompatible for a low-end pc. I see people complaining about smoke in their game forum.
Trash Boat
they should smoke out(ba dum pss)but yes it sucks. however i didnt check it at my desktop yet, so tomorrow i will
Chamelo
That's why:

CTs-Th wrote:

I don't care much, since they're in a open beta. They'll need around half a year or so to develop it.
lukinhox
I've downloaded it today, it's very hard to play in volumax mode, but at least volumania mode wasn't a problem :D
I really think that this game is very beautiful visually.
I've found that both section "pass" and "failed" songs are the same of osu! LOL
There are still many bugs, but as CTs-Th have said, with time they'll improve the game.
Chamelo

lukinhox wrote:

Not only that! Even a miss sound is the same! :lol:
Trash Boat
i can see that some of here decided to keep their username when in other sites
Chamelo
Why not?

btw, mine are Chamelo. I'm planning on changing my username on this site but not yet. I'll have to collect money first. XD
Trash Boat
or you just could get lucky. somebody in chat gave me another month of supporter just for being the 1st at saying please
Nintyboy245

lukinhox wrote:

I've downloaded it today, it's very hard to play in volumax mode, but at least volumania mode wasn't a problem :D
I really think that this game is very beautiful visually.
There are still many bugs, but as CTs-Th have said, with time they'll improve the game.
I posted on the forums about the osu sound effects and he said he's borrowing them for now until he gets his own made.
Navizel
I just downloaded the game
This is so hilarious I can't stop laughing ohgod
there are just too many similarities between this and osu
Chamelo

Nintyboy245 wrote:

I posted on the forums about the osu sound effects and he said he's borrowing them for now until he gets his own made.
What's your username on Volumax? I noticed nobody asked about SF there.
Trash Boat
would the OP change the name of this thread to Volumax someday? i finally could try it and its very difficult
Pizzicato
i cant even beat the tutorial holy shittttt

wtf is this?
Sapphiire_old_1
is it good ?
Kanye West
Haha this game is trash, a mouse-controlled vertical axis is retarded wtf.
Topic Starter
Tahoma_old

Kanye West wrote:

Too hard for you, huh?

I changed the topic aswell
Navizel
It's like vertical CTB in relax mode plus standard (s/d/f thing) which is totally dumb.
Trash Boat
to all players that complain, take it as a challenge. this will suit perfectly for players like rrtyui, thelewa or WubWoofWolf because this will be like jump/stream training for them
Pizzicato

Trash Boat wrote:

to all players that complain, take it as a challenge. this will suit perfectly for players like rrtyui, thelewa or WubWoofWolf because this will be like jump/stream training for them
sure, playing an entirely different game from osu! will make me better at osu!

seriously wth is this? 4 modes in one?

s - d - f - space key = mania
mouse movement = standard
2-direction movement = ctb
right-to-left scrolling notes = taiko

plus wtf is with that smoke
Kanye West

Tahoma wrote:

Kanye West wrote:

Too hard for you, huh?

I changed the topic aswell
It's not about difficulty. It's just the fact that the entire concept is retarded. Good rhythm games are simple in principle with complex intricacies.

For example, osu! standard has a lot of really hard maps, but the concept is still simple: click the circles. This game tries to do way too much with its concept, leaving it with no singular goal
Trash Boat

Kanye West wrote:

It's not about difficulty. It's just the fact that the entire concept is retarded. Good rhythm games are simple in principle with complex intricacies.

For example, osu! standard has a lot of really hard maps, but the concept is still simple: click the circles. This game tries to do way too much with its concept, leaving it with no singular goal
it doesnt have a goal..... yet, but theres online leaderboards
Yauxo
Just gonna take one here; I like it. Its different to osu!, probably because its not osu!, you know.
Its fun for me.
Deal with it ... I guess
Trash Boat
i swear that i saw peppy in the forums, now called as pppy. no kidding
show more