forum

How to make a nice recording for Youtube

posted
Total Posts
show more
yhz1346792
wow!thanks very much
Wishy
I got everything fine, except for the fact that when I try to look at the video recorded by Fraps using MPC, the volume is really low and it sounds like trash, I got Realtek drivers.

Well no audio now, Stereo Mix isn't muted, etc.
UtsukimiJerry

Wishy22 wrote:

I got everything fine, except for the fact that when I try to look at the video recorded by Fraps using MPC, the volume is really low and it sounds like trash, I got Realtek drivers.

Well no audio now, Stereo Mix isn't muted, etc.
Make sure your speaker volume isn't low as well. I noticed that if your speaker volume is low, then the volume of the recording will be low as well.
Wishy
Didn't work. :<
pete2528
like this xD

and 3nd view

:D
ychao
Hi a quick question: I've saved a replay in half-time but I want to record and play it in normal speed.

Is there a way to play this replay in normal speed on osu so that I can record it?
Gens
Nope, but you could record the video in half-time and then speed it up! But that's kind of cheating.
ychao
Yeah well, I thought of that but I'd rather speed it up on osu then record it... my vegas tends to give problems when increasing video playback speed :S

Thanks for the reply though - much appreciated!
Daru
So, after many annoying attempts at trying to record osu! and failing, I tried to find the root of the problem.

Turns out that my aux hard drive (5400RPM) was not fast enough to write the frames that FRAPS was recording, resulting in a stuttering framerate. Once I switch to my faster 7200RPM drive, everything ran like butter.

I thought I'd share this in case anyone is encountering a similar problem.
IppE

Daru wrote:

Turns out that my aux hard drive (5400RPM) was not fast enough to write the frames that FRAPS was recording, resulting in a stuttering framerate. Once I switch to my faster 7200RPM drive, everything ran like butter.
I have a 5400rpm drive (WD Scorpio) and 720p29.97 works all fine. Of course 1080p/60fps will lag.
ychao
Yeah I've a 7200rpm WD HD as well but I was recording in 1080p (who doesn't like full hd vids especially when the effects on osu are so nice?)... so it figures :roll:

Ah well I'll try 720p then...
Rithela
Hmmm I can't get FRAPS to sync up right. It'll record everything just fine.....except the sound is out of sync with the video. Is there a way to fix this? Thanks for any help in advance ^^
IppE
What kind of settings are you recording with?
Rithela
I haven't messed with the settings. ._.
All I've changed is capture key button.
IppE
Yeah but for example, what resolution? Framerate? Hard drive speed for output? Are you actually able to run osu! and record it without lag?
Rithela
No I get lag when I record. With FRAPS just open (yellow FPS meter at top) then it runs just fine. I'll mess with the settings and see if that helps. Thanks! ^^
IppE
If you experience lag only when recording its either your computer not able to run the game while recording or the output drive not being able to handle the 100-200Mbps write speeds.
Polymelia
Thank you~! :)
Piotrekol
I'm trying to make PiP(picture in picture) but it won't work.
In video preview(before rendering) all looks ok.
But after rendering i'm getting something like this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNrE0yXLXz8

IppE602 wrote:

Is this what you are after http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFqDNqbd-mU ?
(I just used the same clip as the other video too cause I don't have much material at dads laptop...)
If so, avisynth works mighty fine.

clip1=FFmpegSource2("osu flying high.mp4")
clip2=FFmpegSource2("osu flying high.mp4").Spline64Resize(384,226)
Audio=FFAudioSource("osu flying highosu flying high.mp4")
Overlay(clip1, clip2, x=464, y=160, mode="blend", opacity=1.0)
video=last
AudioDub(video, audio)
Trim(768,2048)
FadeIO2(30, color=$000000)
I need to sync those videos.
I re-converted the video that was causing problems in VirtualDub and now it's rendering in pip in vegas.
Seems that vegas doesn't want to work well with vid compressing format of my cam o.o
//edit
rendered and now all is good :3
IppE

Piotrekol wrote:

I'm trying to make PiP(picture in picture) but it won't work.
In video preview(before rendering) all looks ok.
But after rendering i'm getting something like this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNrE0yXLXz8
Is this what you are after http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFqDNqbd-mU ?
(I just used the same clip as the other video too cause I don't have much material at dads laptop...)
If so, avisynth works mighty fine.

clip1=FFmpegSource2("osu flying high.mp4")
clip2=FFmpegSource2("osu flying high.mp4").Spline64Resize(384,226)
Audio=FFAudioSource("osu flying highosu flying high.mp4")
Overlay(clip1, clip2, x=464, y=160, mode="blend", opacity=1.0)
video=last
AudioDub(video, audio)
Trim(768,2048)
FadeIO2(30, color=$000000)
go3001
I use Camtesia Studio 7... It records sound no problem, but you have to have Osu in screen mode coz it doesn't record DirectX :/
theProdigy_old
Hi, i want to frap at 1080p is there anything extra i should know?
IppE

theProdigy wrote:

Hi, i want to frap at 1080p is there anything extra i should know?
Make sure your output drive can handle it and that you compress it in a sane way.
theProdigy_old
i am using a preset lets see the results.

one question, is it better to render with gpu? i have cpu i7 2600k/gpu sapp 6950/hhd w.d caviar black 1tb

and wich format should i use if i want it to have 32bpc

here is the video, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdjuAR1U5RE
IppE

theProdigy wrote:

one question, is it better to render with gpu? i have cpu i7 2600k/gpu sapp 6950/hhd w.d caviar black 1tb
I assume you mean encoding the video with a gpu encoder or some other hardware accelerated solution.

If you're ok with the quality/filesizes it outputs, sure. GPU encoding solutions are hardly the most efficient ones though, mind you.
RinaChanx
anyone got a link to a free FULL version of fraps? D:
Topic Starter
Remco32

RinaChanx wrote:

No.
billy96

RinaChanx wrote:

Yes
DJ Angel
Wait, i can do that without lagging :|
BlazingFX
lol, chose HD 1080p for template, turned out to be 20.4 gb. wut

edit, 720 made it 639 mb.
Piotrekol

BlazingFX wrote:

lol, chose HD 1080p for template, turned out to be 20.4 gb. wut

edit, 720 made it 639 mb.
You need to render it sir. to make ~100mb file from 6gb :D
IppE

Piotrekol wrote:

You need to render it sir. to make ~100mb file from 6gb :D
*encode, rendering is what vegas etc. does to apply effects to the video.

:3c
Reunilu
Does it also work with Bandicam too? It's the only thing I have to record with.
Topic Starter
Remco32

SSShaymin wrote:

Does it also work with Bandicam too? It's the only thing I have to record with.
If it records your screen, sure.
smartypants
Ummm This version of fraps is really old... and this version of sony vegas is the newest one O.o you sure your alright? if you want the new version of fraps... get in here

*use google or ask the poster at your own risk*

XDD Don't worry its not virused
Wumbo
Thanks a lot for this thread.
koentie
What settings should I take? Because I have the next problem: When I record things like "Black Rebel - Kagamine Rin" on insane it will become very slow, like, you see when I click and stuff, but it's so unclear, it looks like it's too fast for recording...
IppE

koentie wrote:

What settings should I take? Because I have the next problem: When I record things like "Black Rebel - Kagamine Rin" on insane it will become very slow, like, you see when I click and stuff, but it's so unclear, it looks like it's too fast for recording...
Settings for what? Recording or encoding? Be more specific please.
Pyrre
ah nice, i will try this :) i was using xfire and it worked really well actually.. but for some strange reason it adds some strange delay in the sounds on my recordings, and i dont have a clue why. I have tryed to reinstall it and it wont work anyway. but i will try with fraps insted ;)
Pyrre
hum .. my fraps adds deley in the music aswell <.< and it only records a few secounds :/ .. have never used fraps, idk how to either D: maybe will find out something after testing alittle xD..
show more