1. osu! forums
  2. osu!
  3. Gameplay & Rankings
show more
posted
So what exactly is a good filesize for youtube, or what are the sizes of your videos after you guys are done with everything?
posted
IIRC, I mostly ended up w/ mpegs less than 400MB or so.
I'm pretty sure you can get that filesize lower with a different container, but I have a hi-speed internet connection, so I don't bother.
posted

Remco32 wrote:

IIRC, I mostly ended up w/ mpegs less than 400MB or so.
I'm pretty sure you can get that filesize lower with a different container, but I have a hi-speed internet connection, so I don't bother.
What he said, I get about the same size :) sometimes around 100mb if I'm lucky, it depends on the beat map and stuff.
posted
Meh, I use x264 encoding to get the filesize down to around 20mb, since I don't have a high speed connection.
posted
Very nice tutorial. I was wondering how to do this, and then stumbled upon this, so thanks!

Quick question: Let's say your computer can't handle both a full-size recording and 60 fps through FRAPS without stuttering and lag in the video.
Which option would sacrifice less quality: half-size with 60 fps or full-size w/ 30 fps?

Thanks.
posted

rad140 wrote:

Very nice tutorial. I was wondering how to do this, and then stumbled upon this, so thanks!

Quick question: Let's say your computer can't handle both a full-size recording and 60 fps through FRAPS without stuttering and lag in the video.
Which option would sacrifice less quality: half-size with 60 fps or full-size w/ 30 fps?

Thanks.
Fullsize 30 fps.
posted
Very useful, but the sound won't show up >:(
Any hints? My sound manager is Realtek HD Audio Manager.

EDIT: After months I finally know how to do it, unmute the audio recording.
posted
Because I don't have Fraps nor Sony Vegas, I made a video in Xfire. However, the music desyncs after a minute of recording. Why? Are my settings wrong somewhere?

I'm recording with 30fps, Half Size of 1280x960 = 640x480.

Audio: Vista Audio, Vista Audio Mixer.
posted

JInxyjem wrote:

Because I don't have Fraps nor Sony Vegas, I made a video in Xfire. However, the music desyncs after a minute of recording. Why? Are my settings wrong somewhere?

I'm recording with 30fps, Half Size of 1280x960 = 640x480.

Audio: Vista Audio, Vista Audio Mixer.
Sorry, but its because xfire always desyncs, or most of the time anyway.
posted
Easier way:

Run fraps, record the video.

Download VirtualDubMod
Open it, drag the video into the VirtualDubMod window.
Go to Video -> Compression -> Choose "XVid MPEG4 Codec", then press 'Configure', set Target Quantizer to about '6.81', press OK.

Go to File -> Save As..., name your video yourvideoname.avi and save it.

Also Codecs

why did I write this, it was already in a thread. I need to use search = =
posted

Natteke desu wrote:

Easier way:

Run fraps, record the video.

Download VirtualDubMod
Open it, drag the video into the VirtualDubMod window.
Go to Video -> Compression -> Choose "XVid MPEG4 Codec", then press 'Configure', set Target Quantizer to about '6.81', press OK.

Go to File -> Save As..., name your video yourvideoname.avi and save it.

Also Codecs

why did I write this, it was already in a thread. I need to use search = =
hehehehe :P
posted
x264 with crf around 20, 1280x720, 30fps. Rather good quality/size ratio imo.
XviD lacks some of the more advanced macroblocking features that really help with compressing stuff like osu videos.

Also protip if you want to cheat youtube with 1080p videos:
Record it at 1600x900, resize to 1920x1080, nobody will see the difference when its uploaded.

Then again the quality difference between 720p and 1080p is pretty minimal on youtube so why bother.
posted
I dl Fraps, but it only makes 30 second videos... I'm assuming it's because it's a trial version. -_-

Any free screen capture programs?
posted
Thanks for this guide

and yeah this should be pinned :?
posted
Oh yeah I'll do it now that I can
posted

Gens wrote:

Thanks for the sticky :D
posted

Remco32 wrote:

Gens wrote:

Thanks for the sticky :D
Thank you as well :D
posted
umm . im stuck at the part where you open osu! with fraps running . you said there should be a yellow number at the top right corner of osu! which you had already provided a screenshot . but for some reason my osu doesnt have a yellow or red number at the top right corner . and im using the free version which doesnt require money . i basically downloaded it . can anyone fix my problem for me pls ._.
posted
and i just found out that my fraps can only record for 30 seconds .
posted
Fraps is win... :D
show more