forum

Offline gameplay

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
alex2580
If I play offline osu! for days, will it upload my points and level once I get an internet connection?
GoldenWolf
No
Yano
If Osu! could upload Offline Data, then everyone can cheat offline and it will be Top 1 in the Score online ... DTHDHR Big Black 100% without Problems
Rewben2

Ultrayano wrote:

If Osu! could upload Offline Data, then everyone can cheat offline and it will be Top 1 in the Score online ... DTHDHR Big Black 100% without Problems
Couldn't you just create a system that uploads the same data as when you're online? It would be just as easy to detect cheaters.
Myke B

Rewben2 wrote:

Ultrayano wrote:

Couldn't you just create a system that uploads the same data as when you're online? It would be just as easy to detect cheaters.
I'm pretty sure it already might? I moved a few weeks ago, and I didn't have internet for about a week, but still played. When I got internet, it appeared my scores from offline updated along with my rank. I might be completely wrong here, though.
GoldenWolf

Rewben2 wrote:

The problem I see with it, is that these data would have to be stored somewhere in your computer until you get online, so it'd be possible to edit and make them look "legit"
Almost

Myke B wrote:

Rewben2 wrote:

I'm pretty sure it already might? I moved a few weeks ago, and I didn't have internet for about a week, but still played. When I got internet, it appeared my scores from offline updated along with my rank. I might be completely wrong here, though.
That's impossible. I pm'd peppy a few months ago because a score I made while score submission was down didn't get uploaded and apparently there is a 30 minute window for your score to submit after completing the song.
Myke B
Hmm. Gotcha.
Topic Starter
alex2580
I'm currently level 50. Since I played a lot offline, does that mean I could be level 60+ right now?
Yano

alex2580 wrote:

I'm currently level 50. Since I played a lot offline, does that mean I could be level 60+ right now?
Level isn't important

But ye could be
Nathanael
osu! was mainly designed for online play and score submission works only when you are online and connected to the server.
So offline scores won't be submitted and I doubt that peppy would implement submissions for those.
Marcin
Level means nothing in this game. Level is strictly assciotated with your total score which also means nothing. Try to look at your actual performance (stamina on streams, how fast can you, jumps, how hard beatmaps you play are).
Yano

Marcin wrote:

Level is strictly assciotated with your total score which also means nothing.
Ye, Score means nothing now but a long time ago the Score was important
Soarezi

Ultrayano wrote:

Marcin wrote:

Level is strictly assciotated with your total score which also means nothing.
Ye, Score means nothing now but a long time ago the Score was important
Ranked score was, not total.
Yano

Soarezi wrote:

Sorry. I meant Ranked Score
boat

Soarezi wrote:

They're worth as much as you make them out to be.

Ranked score may as well have been just as useless as total.
MarioBound
No sorry.
theburgerhd
It's more fun to challenge yourself to learn harder maps then to look at ranked scores, because when you can do insanes, maybe someone who can only do normals with mods is higher so it's not really 'skill placement' or something
Yano

theburgerhd wrote:

It's more fun to challenge yourself to learn harder maps then to look at ranked scores, because when you can do insanes, maybe someone who can only do normals with mods is higher so it's not really 'skill placement' or something
PP(v1) wasn't "Skill Placement" it was "Farm Placement" ... but PP(v1) is past

Atm. you can only Challenge youself or you go Multiplayer and play against other player (: just have fun now and don't look at the Level and Playcount like me before
Shivarion

alex2580 wrote:

If I play offline osu! for days, will it upload my points and level once I get an internet connection?
Osu! Will try to submit your score if it fail to submit
There will be notification on the right bottom of your osu screen that's say "score submission fail will retry in 1 minute again"
If it fail again it will try again "score submission fail will retry in 2 minutes again"
And the next retry : 4,8,16,32, and the last retry wil be 64minutes. If it fail again score will not submitting again

So if you play osu offline you can still get your score in rank with connect before the last retry appeared :)
Shivarion
I know much about this because i'm used to play with bad connection so ussualy it fail to submit score