forum

[Rule] Song's title

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Umi

General Ranking Criteria wrote:

Do not alter the song's title. This includes adding any marker to describe the cut of the song such as "Short Ver.", "TV Size" and so forth unless those markers are part of the official song title as listed by a reputable source.
I would like to see this rule a bit more considered, especially on the TV size maps because lot of them continues to be ranked with the wrong song's title

A quick example, a recent ranked map : Tomatsu Haruka & Iguchi Yuka - Kiss(and)Love (TV Size) (I hope it will not be unrank because of this, it's just an example)

A CD containing the Opening and ending song will be released on Jan 29, 2014, and here the tracklist :

As you can see no one have (TV Size)

People took the habit to add "(TV Size)" on every opening/ending of anime, without even trying to search the exact title. (i say this because i was one of them lol).

So if we can stop this bad habit, by checking more carefully the title of every maps before rank them ~
Natsu
But is already a rule that example is just a mistake you should point it in the map thread instead thought

Edit: the map is on Qualified category so yeah it can be fixed, and yes people should look for metadata more carefull also the modders .
Topic Starter
Umi

Natsu wrote:

But is already a rule that example is just a mistake you should point it in the map thread instead thought
just a mistake ? i have lot of others mistakes then :/ and also if i post of the thread, it will be forgotten a few days later.

I just want this rule to be strengthened, and not for only one map.
Sure
Nobody knows the correct extension of the title before the OST is released.
(By the way, the single album hardly includes TV sized song.)
Therefore people has become having the habit to add "(TV Size)" most used so far.
Frostmourne
about TV Size thing, I think you can watch the video of their OP/ED and check the correct name in the video in case the CD is not released yet.
:(
Topic Starter
Umi

Frostmourne wrote:

about TV Size thing, I think you can watch the video of their OP/ED and check the correct name in the video in case the CD is not released yet.
Yeah and only few of them have "TV Size", but people don't care about this > opening/ending = TV size, that's all

to confirm my example :
Sure
You know the OP/ED video never has "(TV Size)" in their screen. But the OST CD has it. What a ridiculous situation. :?
Frostmourne
so vague lol.....
Topic Starter
Umi
then what should we do ? :o lol

continue spamming (TV Size) ?
Oyatsu

Frostmourne wrote:

It isn't, Frost-san. Let see this map https://osu.ppy.sh/s/130688
This map has singer is Koiwai Kotori, Murakawa Rie, Sakura Ayane & Asumi Kana, but if you can look careful, you will see singer is ZAQ in video. I know Fycho added in tags and he gave link in creator's word. So it isn't really mainly like you write
Frostmourne
I just wrote from what I perceive in some of old animes which I can't recognize.
I am not a TV Size fan <.<
neurosis

Frostmourne wrote:

it's too bad a majority of the mappers just want quick ranks
Oyatsu

Frostmourne wrote:

I just wrote from what I perceive in some of old animes which I can't recognize.
lol
It means Frost is full ver mapper. And PRO PRO PRO!! :)
Aurele
Basically, if "(TV Size)" is added into the video or written in a reliable source, then, it has to be added into the title. Otherwise, it should not be accepted.

Dot.
DakeDekaane
How about banish any label AND ONLY allow to put it when the OST/Single is officially released and the title states it's TV Size, Short Ver., etc.
Kytoxid

DakeDekaane wrote:

How about banish any label AND ONLY allow to put it when the OST/Single is officially released and the title states it's TV Size, Short Ver., etc.
AFAIK, this is the current official policy: your title needs to be referenced from an official source.

Dunno how feasible it would be to allow BATs to edit map metadata without requiring an unrank; maybe we can then consider adding the labels once the OST comes out.

Frostmourne wrote:

*high five*
RatedNC17

Kytoxid wrote:

Frostmourne wrote:

*high five*
*triple high fives*
Topic Starter
Umi

Kytoxid wrote:

DakeDekaane wrote:

AFAIK, this is the current official policy: your title needs to be referenced from an official source.

Dunno how feasible it would be to allow BATs to edit map metadata without requiring an unrank; maybe we can then consider adding the labels once the OST comes out.
^ this

i guess until we find a solution, we will continue to put (TV Size) ~
Raging Bull

Frostmourne wrote:

osu! needs more full ver song with 4 diffs!
DakeDekaane
If that's the case, then I think it's safer to put TV Size in tags, as not every song is released officially in that version, maybe we could treat them as cut songs.

(Or actually TV Size mappers could wait for an official mp3 to be released. They'd gain both correct title and a nice audio quality.)
Alarido

Raging Bull wrote:

Frostmourne wrote:

osu! needs more full ver song with 4 diffs!
And untouched, original titles too, no matter the song is sung in a different language.
Kytoxid

Gabe wrote:

Basically, if "(TV Size)" is added into the video or written in a reliable source, then, it has to be added into the title. Otherwise, it should not be accepted.

Dot.
Discussion seems to have concluded on this topic; no change.