forum

What do you think of Japanese people?

posted
Total Posts
show more
[Ayumi]_old
They are better than me in almost everything.
sad :(
Trash Boat

NotEvenDoomMusic wrote:

thelewa live footage
that image just entered in my Top10 images that made me lol'd so hard, along with an image from Shoe on your head thread
GenoClysm

NotEvenDoomMusic wrote:

GenoClysm wrote:

NICE PEOPLE LIVING IN SMALL HOUSES
AND ANIME AND TENTACLES

thelewa live footage

Not creative enough.

lewa i'm really fucking sorry for mutilating your face
Spec_old_1
japanese people read backwards
Apex_old
untitled
Mikelicious
They are moe >w<
jackisgone
i love japanese people, now if only they loved me ;w;
Topic Starter
waxman

-MikexD- wrote:

They are moe >w<
Messi Kimochi >w<
Topic Starter
waxman

jackishere wrote:

i love japanese people, now if only they loved me ;w;
I LOVE GAYMERS XD
So I love you. :D
Jarby
The question is pretty complicated because it relates to ideologies of Japan and what people are experiencing as they grow up. I feel kind of uncomfortable saying that I like or dislike people because of that. A somewhat extreme example: human rights in Nigeria are appalling, so people brought up there soak up those values; I wouldn't say that I dislike Nigerian people by default because of that. I suppose the issue I have with the question having the implication of tying culture and heritage directly to individuals.

That being said, I don't have any Japanese friends, I can't speak Japanese competently and I have never been to Japan, though I imagine this is true for most people in the thread. Anything I see from Japan is second hand, so largely entertainment media and news coverage, so not exactly extremely reliable. An issue I imagine a lot of Westerners would take with Japan is to do with how harsh the law is on recreational drug use, cannabis being the main offender. Imprisonment/deporture for that is obscene. Some quick research also found that the antidepressant I take (which has been extremely helpful and without the side-effects I got from fluoxetine) has only been approved for use in Japan since 2011 despite being approved since 2002 in the US, so I would be kind of worried about medicine in general in Japan.

I also love gaymers.
nyrox
I do not know many hentai people but waxman and bluoxy. They are very nice and smart people but waxman wants to peropero everything.
Oinari-sama
My experience with Japanese people are kind of polarised and you may find it hard to believe. I'll say it anyway since imo one learns more from analysing negative comments rather than compliments.

A huge number of Japanese students I met in Australia dislikes social interactions with people of other Asian cultures; some are so extreme that they even refuse to talk to other Asians in the same class. I don't know if that can be called "conservative" anymore but it's not quite racist (except a few extreme examples).

Having said that, I know a small number of Japanese people who really enjoys mingling with everyone and they're great friends too. So it's like seeing two extremes with nothing in the middle...

EDIT: Forgot to add that through my observation, Japanese people are generally very polite towards white people (some to the extend of showing fear). So if you're of Caucasian appearance then chances are you'll never encounter any "rude" Japanese lol
SaigonAlice
it seems a lot of white men have been misbehaving in japan, thinking that it's okay as long as it isn't their own country or something like that. hence "whiteu piggu".
that's kind of sad, though.

Oinari-sama wrote:

My experience with Japanese people are kind of polarised and you may find it hard to believe. I'll say it anyway since imo one learns more from analysing negative comments rather than compliments.

A huge number of Japanese students I met in Australia dislikes social interactions with people of other Asian cultures; some are so extreme that they even refuse to talk to other Asians in the same class. I don't know if that can be called "conservative" anymore but it's not quite racist (except a few extreme examples).

Having said that, I know a small number of Japanese people who really enjoys mingling with everyone and they're great friends too. So it's like seeing two extremes with nothing in the middle...

EDIT: Forgot to add that through my observation, Japanese people are generally very polite towards white people (some to the extend of showing fear). So if you're of Caucasian appearance then chances are you'll never encounter any "rude" Japanese lol

Jarby wrote:

The question is pretty complicated because it relates to ideologies of Japan and what people are experiencing as they grow up. I feel kind of uncomfortable saying that I like or dislike people because of that. A somewhat extreme example: human rights in Nigeria are appalling, so people brought up there soak up those values; I wouldn't say that I dislike Nigerian people by default because of that. I suppose the issue I have with the question having the implication of tying culture and heritage directly to individuals.

That being said, I don't have any Japanese friends, I can't speak Japanese competently and I have never been to Japan, though I imagine this is true for most people in the thread. Anything I see from Japan is second hand, so largely entertainment media and news coverage, so not exactly extremely reliable. An issue I imagine a lot of Westerners would take with Japan is to do with how harsh the law is on recreational drug use, cannabis being the main offender. Imprisonment/deporture for that is obscene. Some quick research also found that the antidepressant I take (which has been extremely helpful and without the side-effects I got from fluoxetine) has only been approved for use in Japan since 2011 despite being approved since 2002 in the US, so I would be kind of worried about medicine in general in Japan.

I also love gaymers.
god bless these both
E14

nyrox wrote:

I do not know many hentai people but waxman and bluoxy. They are very nice and smart people but waxman wants to peropero everything.
i got laugh at BluOxy typing tagalog words here at #japanese:
oh well, they make funny random stuffs and smileys (<--this what i like on their chatting)

Translation here: all are 15:06 lines
Espada00: haha liar
Fr33z3r: lol u mad
BluOxy: I'll make rape on you
seno221: hey, what's channel is this?
E s s a: what the hell is this?! (i just rofl on what he said)
Trash Boat
u have too much labels open
Topic Starter
waxman

nyrox wrote:

WHAT? :ppppppppppppppppppppppppp ლ(╹◡╹ლ) 
Bweh
thelewa
Cyclohexane

Brian OA wrote:

Fuck I laughed hard
Napoletana_old
they has bad english speak
-----
So this thread is all about waxman amIright ?

(Not like I have a problem for it, waxman is awesome :D)
laport
Hentai!!
Nathanael

laport wrote:

Hentai!!
lol. XD

I think of these Japanese people that they're polite, responsible, friendly, hospitable and creative even they can be easily embarrassed.
I also have a Japanese friend in real life and she is being always nice to me.

Therefore, I love their personality even being perverted at the dark side. XD
I kinda envy that they're advanced on technology. ;w;
Topic Starter
waxman

----- wrote:

So this thread is all about waxman amIright ?

(Not like I have a problem for it, waxman is awesome :D)
Of course, you are right what you said. :D
I love you. :D

(ノ≧∇≦)ノ★
Topic Starter
waxman

laport wrote:

Hentai!!
I hate perverts. :D

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I understood that Japanese people is so awesome. Especially, waxman and Bluoxy. By the way, I'm afraid of what Japanese people can't write and pronounce exactly. As you can see, I suck at English. We have no communication to talk to foreigners. So I would like to ask you about Japanese English skill. No one talks about that (´・ω・`). Perhaps, it is what I really want to hear foreigners discuss it.

Trash Boat

waxman wrote:

that smile at the end makes me doubt of it
Nathanael

Trash Boat wrote:

waxman wrote:

that smile at the end makes me doubt of it
Topic Starter
waxman
I really want hentai pics. :D
Just post them on my twitter. (Don't post in this thread)

https://twitter.com/gaymerwaxman

If you did I would fall in love. ♥_♥ ← pervert
I saw them when I am streaming on Twitch, I would get banned. :D
Tsukimi Luna
@-@

I had an Japanese exchange student staying over at my house for 3 nights during 2011
It was fun and nice taking him around
He was very polite and a lot of simple things seem to amaze him in our country @.@ (I guess this applies to any person travelling to a foreign country)
I still remember him panicking over a house fly that might be just a little bigger than average over here

I was realised by how he was so good at bargaining for prices even though he doesn't speak English/Malay/Chinese ^^"

I also have a few notable Japanese friends on osu! who can speak very good English
Quilt
KSHR

On another note: Some Japanese people actually do have a bias against foreigners
actually i take that back because I sometimes catch myself judging based on someone's race/nationality
Like how I find it difficult and fustrating to deal with Indian customers
But certainly I am not implying that all Indian people.
It applies to a lot of human beings @.@
PlasticSmoothie
Amazing food?
Kanye West
KSHR is pretty chill
Apex_old
untitled
Charusu970
The Japanese people are generous and very kind.
Tsukimi Luna

Apex wrote:

The word was "Introverted"(内向)
I'm introverted too.......
Comfort zone too comfy <3
E14

Nathanael wrote:

laport wrote:

Hentai!!
lol. XD

I think of these Japanese people that they're polite, responsible, friendly, hospitable and creative even they can be easily embarrassed.
I also have a Japanese friend in real life and she is being always nice to me.
im jealous and i know what you did huehuehue~!!!!

Yuu-Chii wrote:

On another note: Some Japanese people actually do have a bias against foreigners
actually i take that back because I sometimes catch myself judging based on someone's race/nationality
i'll gonna emphasis on that bolded text, yup some Japanese people are a bit xenophobic. Even there are many Ethnic minorities in the country,i dont really know what's really goin on there. more info on this:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethnic_issues_in_Japan
Shivarion
Japanese....
They're clever and creative :D
Nathanael

E s s a wrote:

im jealous and i know what you did huehuehue~!!!!
And I have no idea what is that. :s

E s s a wrote:

some Japanese people are a bit xenophobic.
Yeah, they're like that and I think its because of their English skills and their accents.

waxman wrote:

As you can see, I suck at English. We have no communication to talk to foreigners.
Well I don't think you suck because I can understand it. ;)
E14
Yeah, they're like that and I think its because of their English skills and their accents.
But they excel in other languages you know.... :3
Apex_old
untitled
Ven
I think the Japanese are revolutionary inventors. For example, Japan came up with KFC-flavoured chips.
show more