forum

Beatmap file format

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
petterroea
Yo people.

Thinking about making a tiny proof-of-concept webgl port of osu. as i thought a browser version of osu in WebGL would be cool. In order for that to work, i need to know how to read the beatmap file format. Is there any documentation on that, and/or is peppy willing to disclose anything of it?
- Marco -
if i remember correctly you can open osu files as a zip
Damnae

petterroea wrote:

Yo people.

Thinking about making a tiny proof-of-concept webgl port of osu. as i thought a browser version of osu in WebGL would be cool. In order for that to work, i need to know how to read the beatmap file format. Is there any documentation on that, and/or is peppy willing to disclose anything of it?
Hasn't it be done a few times already?

t/159414
p/2785537
p/2462546
t/36805

marcostudios wrote:

if i remember correctly you can open osu files as a zip
.osz are zips.
.osu are text files. I guess you can "easily" figure out what is what in an osu file by making a map and changing things around.
IOException
just play around with the files and you'll find out what everything means
smoogipoo
You can have a look around my API: https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/162282, though I don't think it'd be much use for you if you can't read VB.NET and you're using Javacsript anyway... The API supports all beatmap formats up to v12. If you want I can look to convert this to Javascript for you? Else I could probably provide documentation on everything in the beatmap files. Both of these options would take me a loooooooooong time with my current schedule however I'm willing to give it a shot at converting.
Topic Starter
petterroea

smoogipooo wrote:

You can have a look around my API: t/162282, though I don't think it'd be much use for you if you can't read VB.NET and you're using Javacsript anyway... The API supports all beatmap formats up to v12. If you want I can look to convert this to Javascript for you? Else I could probably provide documentation on everything in the beatmap files. Both of these options would take me a loooooooooong time with my current schedule however I'm willing to give it a shot at converting.
I did VB.NET as a kid, and i am not using javascript. I am using a proprietary programming language, that exports as different platforms, including WebGL.