forum

PokeRemixStudio - Primal Dialga Remix

posted
Total Posts
show more
Shiro
Modding legend:

Unrankable.
Major issues in the map: it is highly recommended to fix them.
Minor issue in the map: you don't have to follow them exactly, but I recommend you to.
Suggestions: those are personal opinions, feel free to follow them or not.
Possible fix suggestion.

If there's one black bold line in the whole mod post, I won't star the map. PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS DOESN'T MEAN I WILL STAR THE MAP IF THERE IS NO BLACK BOLD LINE. Learn to mathematical implication.

Easy:
First thoughts: I'm not a fan of "jumps" in a Easy diff.
01:00:870 (1) - Jumps in a Easy diff... Reverse (1) and (2) then reverse (2) ?
01:04:070 (1,2) - ^
01:47:270 (3,1) - Another jumps... though I can't think of anything that could fix it.
02:30:470 (1) - Very nice.

Normal:
First thoughts: some of the rythms sounded weird to me.
00:25:270 (1,2) - This is really close to the HP bar. Try to drag it down.
01:36:070 (1,2) - ^
02:20:470 (5,1) - I think this is too confusing for new players. And that the spacing gap between (5) and (1) is too big.
02:30:470 (1) - This slider looks and play really weird, but I understand what it is, so don't change it.

Hard:
First thoughts: That's a very good Hard ! One thing however: you use the same patterns several times in a row too many times.
Besides that, nothing that I could see.

vs. Primal Dialga:
First thoughts: streams... and confusingly overlapping patterns.
00:45:970 (5,6) - These touch the HP bar.
01:42:770 (3) - ^
01:45:670 (1) - ^
02:17:670 (1) - The part that starts here with the 1/4 sliders doesn't make much sense.

Ain's Insane:
First thoughts: This diff is meh in osu! near the end, but it's really fun in taiko.
02:03:670 (1) - Starting from here the whistles get annoying and the patterns really confusing.
Ekoro
:oops:
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Thanks for modding, Sakura and Odaril. I'll have everything fixed and updated whenever I can.

Also, thanks for the star, LRJ :)
Aoitenshi
Kamure
we shall be awaiting for more beatmaps from you.... star.
Ekaru
I never starred this?

My God. Let's fix that. And yes, I've already modded this. Multiple times. It's improved immensely. This is what happens if you spend time on your maps instead of rushing them to rankage.

EDIT: Oh, right.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ej7tuO30ipY

With Explorers of the Sky, the official name of this song is now known. The title should be changed to "Dialga's Fight to the Finish! Remix" for correctness's sake.
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Yeah, I know... I should've posted this sooner, but anyway...

I'm (still) trying to remap Hard, but it's not going too well... I AM following the previous mod posts from before though.
Mashley
Let me know when it's done and I'll take a look. It really is about time this got ranked.
NoHitter

Mashley wrote:

Let me know when it's done and I'll take a look. It really is about time this got ranked.
Agreed
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Believe me, I'd have everything ready by now if I actually could be more creative with patterns. I seriously suck at trying to make a Hard or Insane (unless it's a Taiko-only diff). I DO have all but Hard ready though.

EDIT: Okay, I'm pretty sure some of you have been waiting for an update already, so I'll just go ahead and upload the other diffs' changes for now. DO NOT MOD HARD!

Also, (Note: All of my replies are in this color.)

Sakura Hana wrote:

SPOILER
[osz File Scan!]
You need approachcircle.png to go with your skin even if it's the default one Added

[General]
Pokemon Mistery Dungeon Explorers of Time and Darkness should go into Source instead since the song comes from that game. This is a fan-made remix of the song, so I don't think I should include it :?

[Vs. Primal Dialga]
00:30:470 (1,2,3) - Those anti-jumps just no, they are more rage inducing than fun, i recommend you switch for some regular spaced pattern here. Fixed
00:36:870 (1,2,3) - ^ Fixed
01:13:670 (1) - Unrankable, the note and the approach circle cant be seen . Ahh crap, I thought I removed that (I was originally planning on changing this before, but I forgot about it) :? Thanks for pointing that out.
02:07:870 (8) - Kiai shine increases the contrast, note can be barely seen, in fact i think its barely visible even without kiai Fixed
02:14:270 (8) - ^ Fixed
02:33:270 (1,2,3,4,5) - Center theese for prettiness? Or you could make a pentagon (again) It's the opposite of the notes at 02:29:770 (7's slider's end, 8, 9, 10, and 11), so no.

[Ain's Insane] I have no idea what he fixed/changed, lol.
00:43:070 (3,4,5) - Slider repeat hidden by hitburst
00:57:670 ~ 01:15:970 - I understand keeping the same rythm, but using the exact same patterns 5 times in a row? it's too repetitive
01:28:170 - Unnecessary volume change
01:40:970 - ^
01:55:070 - Hitsound change is innapropiate and it doesn't fit the song.
02:13:170 (2) - Note and approach circle are barely visible, Unrankable.
02:16:070 (1) - Ninja Spinner, i recommend you switch for an slider.
02:36:870 (6) - Spacing too close!

[Normal]
00:25:670 (2) - Nazi. Last slider point, 2 grids right. (Repeat for copy/pasted one except left) The heck... no.
01:23:270 (1) - Random soft hitsound, same comment than on [Hard] Not changing since the song gets less intense at this note.
02:30:470 (1) - Without looking at anchor points or having snaking sliders, it's hard to tell which direction it goes from the start if down or down and right: Changed to something different

[Easy]
01:20:070 (3) - Random soft at slider end, also for theese you might want to hit exactly the end of the slider instead, but i do recommend you not use soft here. Not changing the hitsound set since the song gets less intense at this note, though I did move the inherited timing section.
02:30:470 (1) - Arrange it so that the top left side doesnt appear longer than the rest of the sides of this pentagon? you dont need to resort to overlapping to achieve that. Umm... I'll just leave it alone for now.

[Overall]
Please avoid copy/pasting so much... it turns too repetitive and repetitiveness usually equals boring I suck at mapping in general, so I'll just stick to this style of mapping until I get better.

Odaril wrote:

SPOILER
Modding legend:

Unrankable.
Minor issue in the map: you don't have to follow them exactly, but I recommend you to.
Possible fix suggestion.

If there's one black bold line in the whole mod post, I won't star the map. PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS DOESN'T MEAN I WILL STAR THE MAP IF THERE IS NO BLACK BOLD LINE. Learn to mathematical implication.

Easy:
01:00:870 (1) - Jumps in a Easy diff... Reverse (1) and (2) then reverse (2) ? Changed to something different
01:04:070 (1,2) - ^ Changed to something different
01:47:270 (3,1) - Another jumps... though I can't think of anything that could fix it. Changed to something different
02:30:470 (1) - Very nice. Thank you :)

Normal:
00:25:270 (1,2) - This is really close to the HP bar. Try to drag it down. Fixed
01:36:070 (1,2) - ^ Fixed
02:20:470 (5,1) - I think this is too confusing for new players. And that the spacing gap between (5) and (1) is too big. Oops, fixed
02:30:470 (1) - This slider looks and play really weird, but I understand what it is, so don't change it. Sorry, but I decided to get rid of it...

vs. Primal Dialga:
00:45:970 (5,6) - These touch the HP bar. Leaving alone for now.
01:42:770 (3) - ^ Leaving alone for now.
01:45:670 (1) - ^ Leaving alone for now.
02:17:670 (1) - The part that starts here with the 1/4 sliders doesn't make much sense. Are you listening to the background noises?

Ain's Insane: Not sure what he fixed/changed :?
First thoughts: This diff is meh in osu! near the end, but it's really fun in taiko.
02:03:670 (1) - Starting from here the whistles get annoying and the patterns really confusing.

chamelepeace710 wrote:

SPOILER

I do have another one already, but it's not done yet. Look at my sig if you're interested.

Thanks for the star btw~

Ekaru wrote:

SPOILER
I never starred this?

My God. Let's fix that. And yes, I've already modded this. Multiple times. It's improved immensely. This is what happens if you spend time on your maps instead of rushing them to rankage.

With Explorers of the Sky, the official name of this song is now known. The title should be changed to "Dialga's Fight to the Finish! Remix" for correctness's sake.

Well... I wasn't trying to rush rank this, but... my bad if it seemed like it? :? Anyway, as I told you in a PM, I'm not changing the title since the given "official" name to this song is called Primal Dialga Remix (refer to the YouTube link in the first post of this thread).

Thanks for the star btw~
Aoitenshi

Blazevoir wrote:

Believe me, I'd have everything ready by now if I actually could be more creative with patterns. I seriously suck at trying to make a Hard or Insane (unless it's a Taiko-only diff). I DO have all but Hard ready though.

EDIT: Okay, I'm pretty sure some of you have been waiting for an update already, so I'll just go ahead and upload the other diffs' changes for now. DO NOT MOD HARD!

Also, (Note: All of my replies are in this color.(Blazevoir's))

(Note: All of my replies are in this color.(Me))

Sakura Hana wrote:

SPOILER
[osz File Scan!]
You need approachcircle.png to go with your skin even if it's the default one Added

[General]
Pokemon Mistery Dungeon Explorers of Time and Darkness should go into Source instead since the song comes from that game. This is a fan-made remix of the song, so I don't think I should include it :?

[Vs. Primal Dialga]
00:30:470 (1,2,3) - Those anti-jumps just no, they are more rage inducing than fun, i recommend you switch for some regular spaced pattern here. Fixed
00:36:870 (1,2,3) - ^ Fixed
01:13:670 (1) - Unrankable, the note and the approach circle cant be seen . Ahh crap, I thought I removed that (I was originally planning on changing this before, but I forgot about it) :? Thanks for pointing that out.
02:07:870 (8) - Kiai shine increases the contrast, note can be barely seen, in fact i think its barely visible even without kiai Fixed
02:14:270 (8) - ^ Fixed
02:33:270 (1,2,3,4,5) - Center theese for prettiness? Or you could make a pentagon (again) It's the opposite of the notes at 02:29:770 (7's slider's end, 8, 9, 10, and 11), so no.

[Ain's Insane] I have no idea what he fixed/changed, lol.
00:43:070 (3,4,5) - Slider repeat hidden by hitburst What?
00:57:670 ~ 01:15:970 - I understand keeping the same rythm, but using the exact same patterns 5 times in a row? it's too repetitive
01:28:170 - Unnecessary volume changeFixed.
01:40:970 - ^Fixed.
01:55:070 - Hitsound change is innapropiate and it doesn't fit the song. Changed
02:13:170 (2) - Note and approach circle are barely visible, Unrankable. How to fix it :|.
02:16:070 (1) - Ninja Spinner, i recommend you switch for an slider. no, please.
02:36:870 (6) - Spacing too close! What?

[Normal]
00:25:670 (2) - Nazi. Last slider point, 2 grids right. (Repeat for copy/pasted one except left) The heck... no.
01:23:270 (1) - Random soft hitsound, same comment than on [Hard] Not changing since the song gets less intense at this note.
02:30:470 (1) - Without looking at anchor points or having snaking sliders, it's hard to tell which direction it goes from the start if down or down and right: Changed to something different

[Easy]
01:20:070 (3) - Random soft at slider end, also for theese you might want to hit exactly the end of the slider instead, but i do recommend you not use soft here. Not changing the hitsound set since the song gets less intense at this note, though I did move the inherited timing section.
02:30:470 (1) - Arrange it so that the top left side doesnt appear longer than the rest of the sides of this pentagon? you dont need to resort to overlapping to achieve that. Umm... I'll just leave it alone for now.

[Overall]
Please avoid copy/pasting so much... it turns too repetitive and repetitiveness usually equals boring I suck at mapping in general, so I'll just stick to this style of mapping until I get better.

Odaril wrote:

SPOILER
Modding legend:

Unrankable.
Possible fix suggestion.

Easy:
01:00:870 (1) - Jumps in a Easy diff... Reverse (1) and (2) then reverse (2) ? Changed to something different
01:04:070 (1,2) - ^ Changed to something different
01:47:270 (3,1) - Another jumps... though I can't think of anything that could fix it. Changed to something different
02:30:470 (1) - Very nice. Thank you :)

Normal:
00:25:270 (1,2) - This is really close to the HP bar. Try to drag it down. Fixed
01:36:070 (1,2) - ^ Fixed
02:20:470 (5,1) - I think this is too confusing for new players. And that the spacing gap between (5) and (1) is too big. Oops, fixed
02:30:470 (1) - This slider looks and play really weird, but I understand what it is, so don't change it. Sorry, but I decided to get rid of it...

vs. Primal Dialga:
00:45:970 (5,6) - These touch the HP bar. Leaving alone for now.
01:42:770 (3) - ^ Leaving alone for now.
01:45:670 (1) - ^ Leaving alone for now.
02:17:670 (1) - The part that starts here with the 1/4 sliders doesn't make much sense. Are you listening to the background noises?

Ain's Insane: Not sure what he fixed/changed :?
02:03:670 (1) - Starting from here the whistles get annoying and the patterns really confusing. '_'

chamelepeace710 wrote:

SPOILER

I do have another one already, but it's not done yet. Look at my sig if you're interested.

Thanks for the star btw~

Ekaru wrote:

SPOILER
I never starred this?

Well... I wasn't trying to rush rank this, but... my bad if it seemed like it? :? Anyway, as I told you in a PM, I'm not changing the title since the given "official" name to this song is called Primal Dialga Remix (refer to the YouTube link in the first post of this thread).

Thanks for the star btw~
Download: PokeRemixStudio - Primal Dialga Remix (Blazevoir) [Ain's Insane].osu
lovhin456
Hey Blaze ~ It's been a long time since I have posted here, but I'm here and that's because I now know a lot more about skins than before and I have seen some problems ~

* I fixed the 3rd comboburst (it had some white noise around it) now the white noise has almost disappeared (only if you look really closely you can see it)
* I made the meowth comboburst bigger ~
* The hitcircle should be in a gray scale ~ Use the template skin hit circle overlay if you choose to use the hitcircle I'm giving you here

+ http://static.zerochan.net/full/31/02/275131.jpg LOL

Hope this helped you Blaze <3 No kudosu ~

Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Lol, thanks again :)

Btw, that link with the pic won't work...
lovhin456

Blazevoir wrote:

Btw, that link with the pic won't work...
http://www.zerochan.net/275131 just wanted you to see it, kind of makes me laugh :3
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Whoot, awesome XD *saves*

EDIT: FINALLY finished everything :o I changed the last part for Vs. Primal Dialga and mostly remapped Hard. I've also slightly changed the 2nd custom combo color.

To lovhin: I didn't use the updated Meowth comboburst since it's obvious it was stretched, making it stand out way too much from the others :? Also, I think I'll just leave the custom hitcircle alone for now (the grayscaled version kinda looked odd when I tried to use it).

On a final note: for some odd reason, I couldn't stop thinking about a custom/an animated healthbar and custom spinner...
NoHitter
Normal
01:20:070 (1,2,3,4) - It would be better if you changed these into sliders instead to avoid confusion as the previous combos have lots of 1/2.

Hard
02:36:870 (1) - Place this at the center of the spinner?

VS. Primal Dialga
02:35:270 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11) - Can you tone down the jumps here?

Don't kudosu this.

Edit: Finally bubbled
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette

NoHItter wrote:

Normal
01:20:070 (1,2,3,4) - It would be better if you changed these into sliders instead to avoid confusion as the previous combos have lots of 1/2. Fixed

Hard
02:36:870 (1) - Place this at the center of the spinner? This is intentional (look where it's being placed at according to the BG).

VS. Primal Dialga
02:35:270 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11) - Can you tone down the jumps here? Yeah... I figured someone would mention something about this eventually :? Anyway, fixed.
iDarkTraceX
This map is amazing, rank it already someone!
Larto
Very nicely done.
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Wha... o.o *shocked, then faints*
roflninja
Gratz Blaze
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette

I'd also like to thank everyone else who contributed. I seriously can't thank you all enough!
Xgor
Congratulation, nice to see this finally ranked :D
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
No kidding... :o And thanks :D
TKiller
I like these insanes. Overall map desing might be kind of too linear, but they both offer solid gameplay.
NoHitter
Finally. :)
Rukario

NoHItter wrote:

Finally. :)
Faust
Who's awesome?

You're awesome !
Zekira
Wait a minute

How long ago was it when I last commented on this?

I never knew it was actually being continued lol!
Ekoro
Congratz~
Shohei Ohtani
uguu~
Tatsuo
Finally Blazey! I've been waiting so long for this to get ranked!
Congrats! Chocolate shakes are on me!
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette

TKiller wrote:

I like these insanes. Overall map desing might be kind of too linear, but they both offer solid gameplay.
I still suck at mapping, so... yeah ><

Zekira wrote:

Wait a minute

How long ago was it when I last commented on this?

I never knew it was actually being continued lol!
Lol, no way I'd ever let this grave :o

Anyway, thank you everyone, including those who IRC-modded and obviously NoHItter and Larto :D Now... TAT, GIMME MAH MILKSHAKE XD
lovhin456
Laaaate BUT Congras Blaze ~ :3
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
It's okay, and thanks :D

(I was late too, so I guess we're even XD)
Ekaru
Took you long enough. >:( Congratulations!
DeathxShinigami
For a map thread you'd think there'd be more stars with 15 pages worth of posts~
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette

Ekaru wrote:

Took you long enough. >:( Congratulations!
Lol, and thanks~ (Btw, can I add this to your Easy Series?)

DeathxShinigami wrote:

For a map thread you'd think there'd be more stars with 15 pages worth of posts~
Some of the posts were just talking about small stuff >< I don't really care about stars though, just as long as I have enough for ranking.
Ekaru
Sure, I'll add it right now.
Miago Meowsome
this is awesome dude :3
Good job
show more