forum

Do you play Osu! for fun or competitively?

posted
Total Posts
show more
TakuMii

AfroPoker wrote:

for fun, how long any of u played till u able to play hard and insane?
I never played Easy or Normal when I started (well, until I wanted to see how rank-farming was like on those diffs), so I guess a day or two?

That question isn't really related though...
Soarezi
Multiplayer games are not meant to be fun, singleplayers are made for that :D
Cloudchaser
I don't play... ;_;
TENDONITIS I HATE YOUUUUUUUU I WANT TO PLAY ;_;
Ryu Sei
Both. I'll play it for fun offlinely while compete for the best rank onlinely.
Xiaolin
I don't often playing osu! I mostly go to the editor. :>
Skriggniichan
It all depends on what I want to do with a certain beatmap. I either play to get top 50 in the Country Leaderboards for a map or I play it just because I like the map, the song, or both.
mattitomatti
Fun because it's so fun to click circles :)
jackisgone
i have fun by being competitive and beating scores
DaForce
I play trying to get full combos and perfects and after that i try to use mods. It's satisfying to see my score getting higher each time in the rankings of each song thinking that I did better than many other players, but if I barely pass one and see myself at the bottom of the ladder I get demotivated a bit.
Doodle99
I play for fun.
Xyrax Alaria
My idea of fun is being competitive. I'm pretty mediocre at the game still but I really enjoy trying to up my game. So my answer is both :)
KlowdNyne
I play Osu for fun and trying to improve <3
yumether
e
Ven
For fun, and I suck ass.
stealthpaw
Purely for fun, I also love showing off with my mate at the bimonthly LAN party we attend.

vaporlol
Im having fun playing this game as competetive as my current skill level allows me :D
Kazutakee
To tell the truth.

I do both.
- Marco -
Mostly for fun
Chokladboll
farming
dNextGen
why would anyone play this game in a competitive way l0l
-Maru
I play Osu! for fun, but I like competing with my friends and see who can get the best score etc.
JanteSmith
I just play osu for fun and try to improve a bit.
So i play for myself
Stefan
I choose the 3rd option; I do not play osu! in general. But..

I like doing things like that. So.. I also can count me to the part of people who plays for fun.
Rumby
I play for fun and to improve.
MrBakpao
just play for fun and improve like cookiezi~
Antilx
For fun.
AstralPhnx
Just for fun really.
Witch Mercy
I suck.
So definitely just for fun LOL
daredakke
I find this to be one of the few games I genuinely have fun playing.

The competition is a bonus really.
Mamoru Senpai
Never played casual in any game. Pretty boring to play without goals for me. :S
ZenoDiac
osu! is stone cold killer business
[-Ancient-]
I play osu for the FUN competition. I personally don't think osu would be nearly as fun if it didn't have leader boards or any sort of competition with others. The fun and competition play into each others hands.
Halogen-
I do play osu!mania [4K] somewhat competitively -- I will sit down and grind for better ranks if I know that I can improve ranks. I am planning on getting a tablet for playing osu! standard, but I can't see myself extremely competitive with that aspect of osu! (at least, not yet).
DestinySonata
for fun. I don't really care too much about the ranks I get
ixsq
I had no idea what I was getting myself into when I signed up for this. I came for the fun but now I can't play without worrying about pp/rank.

It's never not fun though.
Pegram
I mostly play competitively, since rhythm games are the only games I consider myself pretty good in. I do sometimes play for fun, but that's rare. And even then, I often get frustrated if I don't score well.
Dozy Van
both

Most of my friends are in the top 50 of Ireland (trust me that's not hard to do) but we have great fun fighting for ranks in songs and ranks in the Irish ranking system. I have had a few frustrating moments repeating the same song again and again just to best my friends score but most of the time we play multy while on skype and all have a good laugh. I assume when its no longer fun I'll stop playing ^_^
Saint_old
neither
Natame-
Both.
Kyno
Well, competitively actually
owo
I have a few friends that play Osu! as well and we're trying to see who has the highest rank / pp / S and SS's / etc
So uh... yeah.
show more