forum

Is ranking so useless ?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Akani
I readed peppy's text about ppv2 and also read a lot of comment.
i saw a post of Loliflan saying "hell who needs ranking play for fun" and i totally disagree about the idea that no one needs ranking.
i respect his opinion but just don't say ranking is worthless, alot of people agreed with him even peppy agreed but why the f****
those who agreed thinks that ranking is worthless, if this is so peppy's hard work would be a total waste!!
and it make no sense that peppy agreed with loliflan why the ...
and one more thing (people have different opinion) playing for getting high rang is fun i would quit if it doesnt exist so please rethink about it before saying something. as i said people has different opinion. pls ranking is not worthless.
sorry for bad english so dont complain about it
Rorona
It's not that they don't want to rank, it's that they play the game for fun. If you're not enjoying the game when you play, and you're only playing to see numbers go up, you really should take a break.
Topic Starter
Akani
i said it is fun too to play for getting high rangs not only for getting high ranks.
and it doesnt make sense loliflan clearly sayed ranking is worthless i dont get it.
either i am just dumb or im tired.
by the way i play more for fun then ranking i realy rarely rank on maps and when i do it is really much fun
XXmetalXX
I agree that a change would be nice, but I also think its exciting to play on your own and get ranks with your own playstyle, peacefully, mp would get me too nervous. And I dont think that would only happen to me. Since theres no replay button.
Topic Starter
Akani
I dont get your first sentence. we are talking about people saying ranking is worthless nt about changing the pp.
but i agree with your second sentence
[Ayumi]_old
Ranking isn't useless, people who like competition automatically like ranking. Also, it's a good way to see your improvement as a player. If you just play for fun then you can ignore ranking and all the posts about it, and go have some fun.
NotEvenDoomMusic
[-Sophie-]_old

NotEvenDoomMusic wrote:

Married
DeliciousBread
I really liked the ranking system, I enjoy playing osu! for the sake of having a relaxing gaming experience but I find it even more enjoyable to compete against others and myself through rankings. It's fun and exciting to see how much one has improved over time, it's one of the many reasons I play this game. Hopefully a new and better ranking system appears. If such a thing doesn't happen, I won't really be upset, although I'd probably not play as much as if there was a ranking system ^.^
Myke B
Ranking is a huge part of any game. Ranking is by no means useless, and whoever says that is an idiot.
Revion
The ranking system is important although we play osu! for fun.
For now, we have to wait for the change.
Trash Boat
will the time that takes the process make people play more Multiplayer matches?
Loctav
Still wrong board. Geez.