forum

Are you playing a trick on me,magic girl ppy?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Chacha
my acc99.89→56.78。。。how you caclulate it...
SS 26 S 26 A 1
In fact I am not really care about this,I hope new ranking system will come back soonly.
JAKACHAN
What he said!
Weed
i don't have 3 purple
Myke B
I would say no, but the toast is afraid of the toaster.
Frostmourne
AmaiHachimitsu
Stop bitching about ranking system.

There doesn't and will never exist any good ranking so why bother looking at it.
Myke B

AmaiHachimitsu wrote:

There doesn't and will never exist any good ranking so why bother looking at it.
Wow, so pessimistic. Just give Peppy some time ffs lol. There is no pleasing anybody with anything, PP1, PP2(beta), or TP. PP2 came out early this morning, and people already bitch about it? Give me a break. Literally a couple hours old, and people flip shit. What a joke.
strikeR
yes.
AmaiHachimitsu
Wow, so pessimistic. Just give Peppy some time ffs lol. There is no pleasing anybody with anything, PP1, PP2(beta), or TP. PP2 came out early this morning, and people already bitch about it? Give me a break. Literally a couple hours old, and people flip shit. What a joke.
Exactly those kinds of word were said when the first ppv2 beta came out few months ago.

I don't trust that someone who has no idea about the gameplay will ever produce a good ranking. The most accurate TP is shit too, made by the guy who knows a lot more than peppy concerning competitive playing.

Thus, no hope.
Myke B

AmaiHachimitsu wrote:

Exactly those kinds of word were said when the first ppv2 beta came out few months ago.

I don't trust that someone who has no idea about the gameplay will ever produce a good ranking. The most accurate TP is shit too, made by the guy who knows a lot more than peppy concerning competitive playing.

Thus, no hope.
I mean, if you think you know more (which I'm not saying you don't or do), you could also post your thoughts on feature request. Peppy does read that you know.
RaneFire
I'm not typically pessimistic, but I do see logic. A true ranking system is impossible.

You could base the beatmap difficulty on TP, but even TP has inconsistencies.

There is no way to determine "reading complexity" accurately, some patterns just "fit" and are intuitive, some don't. Some maps are just easier than others for no apparent reason other than being mapped more appropriately to the music or just timed better, which is a major flaw in any statistical system where the music is ignored. People complain about this all the time.

To get a true ranking system, you first need a true difficulty system... impossible.
Kytoxid

[ Yukino ] wrote:

SS 26 S 26 A 1
In fact I am not really care about this,I hope new ranking system will come back soonly.
...being on-topic, you're looking at your CtB stats. :P
Myke B

Kytoxid wrote:

[ Yukino ] wrote:

SS 26 S 26 A 1
...being on-topic, you're looking at your CtB stats. :P
awkward
AmaiHachimitsu
I mean, if you think you know more (which I'm not saying you don't or do), you could also post your thoughts on feature request. Peppy does read that you know.
Read =/= care

not to mention "agree" and "implement".

Tom revealed the secret of the most accurate ranking currently and nothing was done basing on it. There were dozens of ideas concerning ranking and NONE of them were taken into account. ppy wants to have it his way, that's all. Sad that he and most if not all his immediate subordinates can't even play the game.
aBunny

AmaiHachimitsu wrote:

Read =/= care

Tom revealed the secret of the most accurate ranking currently and nothing was done basing on it. There were dozens of ideas concerning ranking and NONE of them were taken into account. ppy wants to have it his way, that's all. Sad that he and most if not all his immediate subordinates can't even play the game.
Or... it could be just that he has a different perspective that we can't seem to see.
AmaiHachimitsu
Whatever the reason it would be, the only thing I want is to allow TP rank to include more than only top 50 ranks via, let's say, updates once a week (osu!stats works/worked in a similar fashion). Since there're plenty of players who prefer TP to any other ranking, the bitching about PP would cease to exist.
-Chronopolis-

AmaiHachimitsu wrote:

Whatever the reason it would be, the only thing I want is to allow TP rank to include more than only top 50 ranks via, let's say, updates once a week (osu!stats works/worked in a similar fashion). Since there're plenty of players who prefer TP to any other ranking, the bitching about PP would cease to exist.
I agree. The beatmap difficulty calculator is reasonably accurate, and I also think handling mods with more detail than a flat multiplier is good too.

In a theoritical tp system, you want more tp? Work on playing a A: very fast map (heavy note load or stream map/speed), B: very spaced map while not breaking combo (jump/aim), or work on getting higher accuracy on high od. Because tp takes your maps with the highest part contribution, you can see your progress and work on each stat individually.
Myke B

AmaiHachimitsu wrote:

Read =/= care

Even though stuff that does get posted in the feature request does get implemented some times.. It's certainly better than telling people to get fucked because peppy doesn't care imo.
AmaiHachimitsu
Yeah, tp is also pointing at the progress WITH a pretty good skill-ranking

e.g. My aim tp is pretty high so I need to play even more hard-to-aim maps as to gain some points for the total tp. = progress

My speed and accuracy rating is very low, so it encourages to work on my weak points since it would reward me greatly with total tp points = progress
And later if I wanted to go up in the tp rank I'd need to go beyond my limits again = progress

The only thing that should be added to tp is to nerf accuracy A LIL BIT but make it influence speed (and maybe a lil lil bit aim) rating.

I got 95% on Midnight Siege with DT (220+ long streams) and I have nearly the same amount of speed tp as PeaChick does with his top-accuracy score. It clearly shows he is better at streaming thus he should be awarded with more speed tp than me.

Dunno why I'm throwing it all here though.
lolcubes
My oranges and oranges v2 are still delicious though.

Except for the 99.99% nouuuuuuuu
thelewa

Myke B wrote:

AmaiHachimitsu wrote:

are you actually thinking that a guy who has no idea about the game can whip out a decent ranking system that will please anyone
Nidavellir

[ Yukino ] wrote:

SS 26 S 26 A 1
And me?

Acc 100% now 58.09%

602 SS ._.
AmaiHachimitsu
CtB acc is bugged somehow, I guess. It's fkin near-to-impossible to have 50% acc in CtB
Topic Starter
Chacha

AmaiHachimitsu wrote:

Ahummmmm,I am not really care about this...just for fun
Myke B

thelewa wrote:

are you actually thinking that a guy who has no idea about the game can whip out a decent ranking system that will please anyone
Not necessarily, but literally bitching about it a couple of hours after? That's a little fast, I think even you would agree. But I will say, I did not expect Peppy to reply to any of these posts. As long as he's replying I don't see anything wrong with people talking to him back and forth about their concerns.
Trash Boat
oncoming lock by Loctav or Andrea
Loctav
What a stupid thread.
Either discuss here: t/180512 - or nowhere. Stop opening 38539487284 threads about this.