forum

Houko Kuwashima - Solitude of the Deep Ocean

posted
Total Posts
show more
Mystearica
I'm pretty sick at the moment with the flu, but I took a play through your Hard on this just cause I was bored and happened to just wake up.

Your rhythm is not good on Hard. Barely any of your triplets make sense, and your streams make no sense. This map isn't meant to be fully mapped at 152 bpm if you've looked at my map, I'm assuming you did because the offset was only changed by +1ms.

That part with those triplets like in Distorted Pain [Insane] is absolutely terrible. You have a number of maps ranked now, you shouldn't be doing stuff like this. You know better than that.

You people who have modded this map and let this kind of rhythm slip is just unacceptable.

I will give you a star if you can put your heart into this song and make a better map. I'm sorry but I just can't star this right now, I like this song a lot too and this is rather disappointing to see.

[Normal]

Yeah ztrot's right you need an Easy.

00:13:49 (1) - Silence it, at least at the end.

There's a nice constant drum sound in the background here, you could follow that as a hitsound pattern. Nice and simple.

00:29:68 (4) - Remove this?
00:31:26 (8) - Too loud.
00:41:72 (1) - Lower the Normal hitsound samples for this part. Use higher volume later at 00:52:57.
00:43:10 - Kiai burst here? Why?
00:49:41 (6) - Low volume finish here.

Remove all the claps, they don't fit this song. Add finishes sparingly instead.

00:52:57 - Another kiai burst? Well I can kinda see why here but why not just have a kiai section instead for this part since it's a climax?

Good switch back to soft.

01:43:30 (1) - Lower Normal here in my opnion. Same as the above suggestion.

01:53:36 (4,1) - Not cool for Normal difficulty. I see you have a few of these...

Again remove claps and add a few finishes instead.

02:22:57 (1) - Fade this out and silence the end.
MegaManEXE
About normal:

I think there are quite a few parts that are too spaced out for a normal, and there is a little too much to hit. If there was an easy diff I wouldn't say anything but this is the easiest difficulty in this mapset and should be accessible to all players who cannot handle the jumps or streams in hard, which means people ranked in the hundreds, thousands, or tens of thousands.

Claps don't fit the song very well, and some of the changes from normal to soft and soft to normal (the last two notes being soft, for example) were really abrupt.

I'm only saying this because I've made quite a lot of normals now and I have been told by multiple BATs that my normals were too hard in the past, and it took a bit of convincing (or mapping an easier diff in one case) to satisfy them.

That's all, since it's bubbled I know these words are mostly useless. Just felt like giving some tips for future mapping.
Topic Starter
gdeath
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
gdeath
i suck on mapping the kind of songs.(high BPM,but low rythem)
my style dont fit in well with the song.
however i have an inspiration how to map it.
my style will be changed this time.

i add a custom hitsound for this song and... i'll remake all patterns,hitsounds and everything.
i'll try my best to make this map!Say goodbye to "LAZINESS" now!

note:sorry,ztrot.i waste your time to mod my map.
moreover i appreciate everyone who moded/star'd my map and i also wanna say sorry for you.
coz this map will be remade.i waste your time.sorry.
kino77
Good~gdeath~
Star for you~
n__n
JamesLeao
Topic Starter
gdeath
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Ex Boy
DJPop
Offset: 9932
Time Signature: 3/4

~JL's Normal~
01:42:031 (9) - a bit offscreen

~Hard~
01:03:062 (1) - delete

+Star
Topic Starter
gdeath

DJPop wrote:

Offset: 9932 refused.the offset is masured by kiou2.he is pretty good at this.
Time Signature: 3/4 Done

~JL's Normal~
01:42:031 (9) - a bit offscreen Done

~Hard~
01:03:062 (1) - delete Done

+Star
thanks for your mod
Ex Boy
……其實沒有必要執著于“一套一張Normal”的……那個Normal比標準Hard也沒簡單到哪兒……
Hard做的挺不錯的,比迪西的《曉之車》感覺舒服……(不知為何總喜歡把《曉之車》和《水之證》放一塊聽……)
不過真的很佩服你呢,說實話我一開始沒覺得這歌能做map呢,沒想到還有人能做的這麼好,真是見識到了耶。加油!XD
Mafiamaster
Fade out the mp3 since you didn't map the whole song.

I didn't see anything wrong with the maps itself!
Topic Starter
gdeath
Ex Boy<

你也加油.

Mafiamaster<

Fixed.thx for your modding.
Mafiamaster
orioncomet
WyndII
[MoD]

[Hard]
I can't find any errors.
I hate this :x

[JL's Normal]
aaaaaahh That's it.

Maps are perfect.
Zetar~
I liek it btw.

Oh and MafiaSensei is right, mp3 sux at the end
Topic Starter
gdeath
>orioncomet

star thx

>WyndII

thx for your modding and star
tieff
Hell yes.
Cyril Scarlet
Congrat ~ :oops:
Topic Starter
gdeath
>S i R i R u

thank you.>w</
Cyclone
I'm thinking this needs like -15 to -20 ms. Opinions?
Topic Starter
gdeath
-8~-12 is fine to me.
plz wait 3 days.i'll find others to check again in order to make it accurate

Extra timing check request.
you dont have to check this map.
i think current timing of this map is fine,but mrtn only believe your and awp's timing.
so...
http://osu.ppy.sh/s/9911
abalee
- 16ms in test play. 0.0
Cyclone
setting -15ms.