forum

How long did it take for you to pass THIS?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Vertius
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/164183&m=0 - That's the map i'm talking about. I'm just curious when did you passed this map? Asking moslty because I tried to pass this like 40-50 times (I'm playing osu for like 5-6 months) and I can't pass this for shit. Sorry if it's wrong place to make this thread, but I didn't know where to place it.
kleps
I passed this for the first time 2 months after registration with around 3k play count I believe, haven't tried it before that. Your play count is really low so you shouldn't worry about it. Play easier maps if you have hard time with this one.
Topic Starter
Vertius
My play count means nothing tbh, because i'm playing a lot in Offline mode (I know it's bad idea, but that's how I play). Damn, I'm playing like 5-6 months and huh.. i was playing quite a lot, now I play less, but still... I don't know why I can't pass this. I can pass Hades: The Rise, Kokou No Sousei at the Insane Diff with no problem, and I can't pass this. I don't know what is wrong :P .
Rio-
I passed this map with Hidden 4 months ago (which means 6 months since I joined osu!) with around 8-10k...
I suggest You play easier map first, and gradually move up...

Vertius wrote:

I can pass Hades: The Rise, Kokou No Sousei at the Insane Diff with no problem, and I can't pass this. I don't know what is wrong :P .
But Wahrheit is a lot easier than those? :?
RaneFire
Check your mouse settings for acceleration.

The other 2 maps require less aim movement.

Either way it's an aim/reading jumps problem.
Topic Starter
Vertius

satriobp wrote:

I passed this map with Hidden 4 months ago (which means 6 months since I joined osu!) with around 8-10k...
I suggest You play easier map first, and gradually move up...

Vertius wrote:

I can pass Hades: The Rise, Kokou No Sousei at the Insane Diff with no problem, and I can't pass this. I don't know what is wrong :P .
But Wahrheit is a lot easier than those? :?
Well.. for me it's quite similiar, at least to Hades: The Rise in a meaning of difficulity, but this map ( Wahrheit) was my goal since I started playing OSU (mainly because I like this song so much and I saw many players doing this diff S-SS on Youtube (for example powercube86)) and now I'm a little sad, because after half year of playing I still can't even pass this. Should I play it over and over untill I'll finally pass it or leave it and play some other maps with similiar difficulity level?
Topic Starter
Vertius

RaneFire wrote:

Check your mouse settings for acceleration.

The other 2 maps require less aim movement.

Either way it's an aim/reading jumps problem.
I'm using graphic tablet (Intuos CTL 480) so it can't be mouse acceleration. Like 4-5 days ago I passed Saiya - Remote Control, its a map with many jumps too, so I don't know what's wrong :P. In most tries I'm failing at the 'star jumps' in this song. Are there any maps to train star-jumps?(i don't know how to name these, but for me they look like stars so I called it star-jumps).
f i z i k
kokou no sousei and hades:the rise have no patterns like wahrheit though so maybe its the stars youre struggling with?
RaneFire
The jumps overlap a lot in wahrheit, you probably aren't reading them correctly and also tornado patterns are quite difficult I think.

IOSYS - Poinsettia [Lunatic] for stars
Mizuno Yui
Passed it after 2 months accidentally (there was some button mashing included), now after 3 months I can pass it somewhat consistently with B.
Raging Bull
idk, 3 years? I don't really play Saten maps unless someone chooses it in multiplayer.
Topic Starter
Vertius
Well.. did everybody pass this after 2-3 months? Seems like i'm retarded or something then, lol. Hope I'll ever pass this, or maybe I'll just tryhard jumps 24/7 i don't know yet :P. I'm looking for maps where I can train Circle-jumps or Star-jumps (Circle I mean those, that are looking like circles if you'll look at them as a whole). Because all I see is that I can't read jumps like these, but its kinda stupid, because I can read normal jumps (for example from corner to corner or smth) with almost no problem. If you could post some good training maps for Star/Circle jumps, I'd be thankful.
RaneFire

Vertius wrote:

(Circle I mean those, that are looking like circles if you'll look at them as a whole).
Those are called tornados.

Maybe you can find what you're looking for here, it's precisely why I made a jumps legend.

List needs more maps with full-screen stars :(

I see no one really reads this thread: https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/99612
f i z i k

Vertius wrote:

Well.. did everybody pass this after 2-3 months? Seems like i'm retarded or something then, lol. Hope I'll ever pass this, or maybe I'll just tryhard jumps 24/7 i don't know yet :P. I'm looking for maps where I can train Circle-jumps or Star-jumps (Circle I mean those, that are looking like circles if you'll look at them as a whole). Because all I see is that I can't read jumps like these, but its kinda stupid, because I can read normal jumps (for example from corner to corner or smth) with almost no problem. If you could post some good training maps for Star/Circle jumps, I'd be thankful.
time is kinda relevant to how much you play. i passed it 20 days after playing but i had like 3k playcount and played maps with those kind of jumps/patterns a lot - if you barely played such maps you shouldnt expect to be good. but yeah,check that thread and just try to play some more jump maps and they get really easy to do once you get the hang of it
pielak213
­
scottyyy
I agree with RaneFire. Your problem is the jump patterns on Wahreit. Play other maps with similar jump patterns to practise. I can't say for sure if these have the same patterns, but I feel like these are somewhat similar in terms of jumps:

https://osu.ppy.sh/b/190045
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/297411
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/290581
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/304446
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/118226

Getting good at these definitely helped with passing Wahreit for me. Although I consider Wahreit easier than some of those so I dunno which order I got good at them at. :p

I'm sure RaneFire's list will help you more though.
Mikelicious
Took me one year pass it...with HR
Weed
3 months although i couldn't read some of the patterns at the time and it involved a bit of luck.
Saint_old
it wasn't out when i started but i guess about 25k plays to pass with DT
El Koko
i don't remember how much time, i think it was some weeks (2 or 3, maybe more)

Mizuno Yui

RaneFire wrote:

Vertius wrote:

(Circle I mean those, that are looking like circles if you'll look at them as a whole).
Those are called tornados.

Maybe you can find what you're looking for here, it's precisely why I made a jumps legend.

List needs more maps with full-screen stars :(

I see no one really reads this thread: https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/99612
Usually nobody seems to agree with me, but I'll say it again: Higu's jump training helped me a lot when I started learning jumps, so maybe it's worth checking out. There's some overlap between it and RaneFire's list, though.
RaneFire

mentalac wrote:

Usually nobody seems to agree with me, but I'll say it again: Higu's jump training helped me a lot when I started learning jumps, so maybe it's worth checking out. There's some overlap between it and RaneFire's list, though.
I would also recommend people to look at that training and play some maps, but just don't follow his rules too strictly and rather just explore the maps. His tiers are not very accurately organised because he split them into too many groups, and some maps in the same tier are far harder than others, even than those in the following tiers.

There's a small overlap of maps, mainly because I did look at his training as well when he made it. I was already making own list only a few months prior though. Any maps I found to be useful for myself got added to my list, since it was a "me,myself & I" training list which I never really intended to share until recently. That's also why I put a disclaimer in my profile since I can't remember exactly where I got all the maps that I added, but I'm sure they're from places all over this forum.

My list was originally a real mess in which only I knew my way around. I had to separate them into some tiers before posting them in the "how to improve" thread or it would just confuse newcomers since the difficulty was all over the place. I'm still not happy with it now either because some of the maps are not completely jump-focused and may get boring to retry for the sake of a few patterns. Then there is also the issue of "old-style maps" which I always thought of as rather difficult to aim on... so some of those have made it in... some people disapprove of their worth.

I think the main difference between my lists and others, is that I actually practice with mine, so... they work... for me. xD Continually adding maps too though :P Even Tier 0 was useful to me, which aren't really jumps, but difficultly spaced singles.
Mizuno Yui

RaneFire wrote:

I would also recommend people to look at that training and play some maps, but just don't follow his rules too strictly and rather just explore the maps. His tiers are not very accurately organised because he split them into too many groups, and some maps in the same tier are far harder than others, even than those in the following tiers.
I ignored the "hurr durr get 93%" criteria from the beginning, but lower tiers seem fine to me O.o Okay, there's 10% of the songs that should be moved to another tier, but except that, I thought his tiers are fine O.o
CookChefSteak
passed it 2 months ago(so that would make it 3 months)

those jumps are pretty easy if you actively follow your cursor with your eyes. works like a charm for me
AmaiHachimitsu
Never passed this because the map is sooo boring. Saten is a genius, making sometimes really insane maps but 90% of them are boring as fuck.
strikeR
That map is easy as hell, in a few days/weeks/months you will laugh at thinking you couldn't pass it, just play other maps and then try it , don't focus just on 1 map
Myke B
Some oddly specific maps to ask about in a thread :P
Topic Starter
Vertius
Well.. for now I'm trying to pass some of the maps that RaneFire posted, but there aren't many maps with 'tornadoes' in it, I found just 2 or 3 maps that have tornado jumps in it and that aren't 200/220 + BPM (they're harder than Wahrheit) so I don't know what to do to be honest. The 2-3 maps that I found in this list are at similiar BPM to Wahrheit, so I don't know if I should just tryhard Saten's Wahrheit or leave it and play these 2 maps from the list over and over :P.
Unless you've got some other maps that aren't higher than 170-180 BPM and that have tornadoes in it. I didn't find any till now. I also tried the IOSYS - Poinsettia, but its harder than Wahrheit too, at least for me. If you would post some maps that have tornado jumps in it and are easier to pass than wahrheit, it would been great.
Roricon
I passed that map after 7 months (9-10k playcount) didnt play it before. But I dont think you should tryhard on one map. Just keep playing and try it again in a month and you'll pass it without any problems wondering why you couldnt pass it before :p.
Vuelo Eluko
i can't read tornado jumps no matter what i'd rather have 50 notes of randomly placed square jumps then a single 10 note tornado jump.

so never.

the rest of the map besides those parts is really easy for me though.

im assuming tornado jumps means those really retarded airman style back and forth jumps that go circular. i have no clue what is happening every time. The only time i've been able to do them is extremely slow ones like this map has https://osu.ppy.sh/s/49308

p.s you have 950 playcount if you just try to play stuff way too hard u wotn improve at all. ull just develope bad habits and get lazy with your reading because ur basically jsut gonna be mashing

just play stuff that you can do but is still challenging...
Lolzy
passed it right know at first try, boring map tho i'm not going to play it again
plaatinum
Doesn't seem to be a very hard map to pass, I passed it the first time I played it after 3 months of playing osu. The HP drain isn't very high.

It does seem difficult to FC though.
Aka
not a big deal to PASS as to FC .-.
- O n i -
6 months ago?
i was in the #20ks if it matters
-Chronopolis-
for tornado jumps try practicing Story of my wife (not sure if this one has tornado jumps but linear jumps for surel) and Airman on half time.
Story
Took me 5months and around 19k play count to pass it with Hardrock
show more