forum

Why are there so little o2jam expert songs?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Xcrypt
Why are there so little o2jam songs lvl40+ ?
In comparison, there are about 10x as much BMS songs at the same skill level.
Am I missing something?
Tear
Probably because o2jam is LN-heavy and holding 7 keys at the same time is unrankable.
Topic Starter
Xcrypt
I wasn't really referring to ranked maps thou
Entozer
They are... how to say this... not well known? Due to BMS having a repository for all their songs, you probably think that there are 10x more compare to o2jam songs, but in fact, bms actually has 20x more lol no just kidding o2jam has quite a lot of 40+ songs. Rather than well known, most of the maps are not publicly released too, and they only share it to specific groups of people.

Most of the time, you'd need to have connections in order to get some maps x_x

I guess it's pretty much like playing some unuploaded maps in osu (all game modes). You can only get it from the creator itself most of the time.
Taadashi
I believe Bobbias converts had some 40+ maps though? But I might be wrong. :P
Topic Starter
Xcrypt
I see. Yeah there are some nice converts, but not many of them are lvl40+
I'm not really there yet though, but I am just afraid once I do I'll be turned into a BMS junkie because of the lack of o2jam style maps ^_^
Taadashi

Xcrypt wrote:

I see. Yeah there are some nice converts, but not many of them are lvl40+
I'm not really there yet though, but I am just afraid once I do I'll be turned into a BMS junkie because of the lack of o2jam style maps ^_^
Haha yeah. :P But them BMS charts are pretty good as well, even though they lack LN:s, lol.
Bobbias
Go to my mediafire and check out my Genesis charts. there are also 2 level 100+ charts by FF Ken Yu, as well as a few maps by kuliner that are 40+. The misc folder has a number of really hard charts, mostly by random chinese guys. Also, search Genesis in the beatmaps here and you'll find a few I don't have.

I've got more, but I'm not really at liberty to share some of them.
Topic Starter
Xcrypt
Yeah I know there are some lvl 40-250 charts but the amount of maps per 5 levels are really sparse. 40-45 is still semi-okayish, but every 5 levels beyond that it just gets worse. Where do I get these 'connections'? I suppose that's not in o!m? Also why are these maps private? What's wrong with sharing them publicly?
Bobbias
The charts are private because they come from korean servers that are very secretive, and will ban people for sharing their maps, for example.
Aqo
It's not that O2 has a few charts, it's just that bms file making has been around for very long and it suffer from the opposite problem of o!m which has no maps and that's having way too many charts. I've been downloading bms files for only a few days and have already got to the point that space is running out on my PC and I need to start finding ways to sort things into folders because windows7 search gets stuck with so many files o_0
ArcherLove
Why not converting yourself o3o ?
Topic Starter
Xcrypt
o3what?
Tear
o3jam, the sequel!

But no really, o's are eyes and 3 is the mouth.. apparently.
Topic Starter
Xcrypt
haha lol. Well I was referring to all the public o2jam songs not only the conversions, so that's not really the problem.