forum

Ultimate Simplicity v.0.5.0 -_- Finally Named!!!

posted
Total Posts
show more
Kurokami
Add some background to your Pause and Failed screen. \o/

/me runs away with the speed of light~
[ Pingu ]

Xyrax Alaria wrote:

haha it's an awesome name! :D I hope it doesn't get "named" I get the joke behind it but I feel like the skin deserves something better than a bad pun :/
Woah I just noticed that! Why would someone call there skin name 'Named'? o-o
[ D_L ]
I think it will be hard to play without the number on the circle
especially the first time you play the map with tricky pattern
Revion
This skin is great (I use it right now), I could more focus on every beat and can you support to Taiko and Catch The Beat too? Teehee.
Rutayu

OMGPingu wrote:

Xyrax Alaria wrote:

haha it's an awesome name! :D I hope it doesn't get "named" I get the joke behind it but I feel like the skin deserves something better than a bad pun :/
Woah I just noticed that! Why would someone call there skin name 'Named'? o-o
How the hell is my name suggestion winning. o.o
[ Pingu ]

xSiRix wrote:

How the hell is my name suggestion winning. o.o
Dunno, but now I know why people chose that name. x3
Topic Starter
BlanksonnG
Thanks for all the feedback and votes on the name! but for now i am taking a bit of a break from skinning because i half ass things and need to focus on schoolwork and whatnot so dont be expecting any new content for a while! sorry about that!
AGRX
And what do you think about Dots Chaser skin ? This also remind me one of my older skin in my dev...
Also I RLY like the hit bursts. They are pretty funcional IMO because they dont cover dots and u can read stacks better.
So pity they arent in HD so numbers are bit blury in FS

edit:
hitcirle.png is kinda pixelated at its edges
to fix this:
before downscaling image apply 1px gausian blur and then downscale by 50% with bicubic automatic.
Image will be nice smooth and crispy. Do all SD elements which were made from HD. Also good thing for skin making is using photoshop "actions". With this you can make a sequence of edits. Then repeat this on everyfile in pyou do to file and then repeat it on multiple files.

batch processing: http://tv.adobe.com/watch/understanding ... rocessing/
Topic Starter
BlanksonnG

Agrrox wrote:

And what do you think about Dots Chaser skin ? This also remind me one of my older skin in my dev...
Also I RLY like the hit bursts. They are pretty funcional IMO because they dont cover dots and u can read stacks better.
So pity they arent in HD so numbers are bit blury in FS

edit:
hitcirle.png is kinda pixelated at its edges
to fix this:
before downscaling image apply 1px gausian blur and then downscale by 50% with bicubic automatic.
Image will be nice smooth and crispy. Do all SD elements which were made from HD. Also good thing for skin making is using photoshop "actions". With this you can make a sequence of edits. Then repeat this on everyfile in pyou do to file and then repeat it on multiple files.

batch processing: http://tv.adobe.com/watch/understanding ... rocessing/
Ooh thanks for the tip i really appreciate it! and good name idea ill add it on to the votes (if i can)
OsuMe65
Also... since when the hell "Named" became a winning suggestion?

----------------------------------------------

Additional help:

Aside from Gaussian Blurs, you can try Drop Shadows or Outer Glows as alternatives.
It's a "lazy man's method" but effective.
Myke B
Is it just me or would stacks with HD be heard to see with this skin? Really cool skin though :P
rakuskoin
y u didn't named it PSP skin? xD
[ Pingu ]

OsuMe65 wrote:

Also... since when the hell "Named" became a winning suggestion?

----------------------------------------------

Additional help:

Aside from Gaussian Blurs, you can try Drop Shadows or Outer Glows as alternatives.
It's a "lazy man's method" but effective.
It's a part of a Joke. Someone decided to say 'How about we name it 'Named'' or something like that. I guess people want to name it a joke. :P
Topic Starter
BlanksonnG
Keep in mind I will be the one who ultimately decides which name I will use. I reserve the right to name it whatever I want. Even if it is something that hasnt been suggested. The whole idea of letting people suggest names was to hopefully find an appropriate name (because I have difficulty thinking of good names). It is supposed to be fun, however I am looking for a good name, not a joke. The name idea "Named " was given to me by a good friend of mine who was just joking around. It was a funny idea at the time, but after all of the complaining about the idea, I am now considering closing the poll, not taking suggestions, and thinking of a name myself. I dont want to do that, but since I'm not receiving any constructive feedback, I may as well name it myself. PLEASE DO NOT COMPLAIN ABOUT OTHER SUGGESTIONS Instead, suggests a better name. So please give constructive feedback about the skin.

Thanks, GraysonnG
[ Pingu ]

GraysonnG wrote:

Keep in mind I will be the one who ultimately decides which name I will use. I reserve the right to name it whatever I want. Even if it is something that hasnt been suggested. The whole idea of letting people suggest names was to hopefully find an appropriate name (because I have difficulty thinking of good names). It is supposed to be fun, however I am looking for a good name, not a joke. The name idea "Named " was given to me by a good friend of mine who was just joking around. It was a funny idea at the time, but after all of the complaining about the idea, I am now considering closing the poll, not taking suggestions, and thinking of a name myself. I dont want to do that, but since I'm not receiving any constructive feedback, I may as well name it myself. PLEASE DO NOT COMPLAIN ABOUT OTHER SUGGESTIONS Instead, suggests a better name. So please give constructive feedback about the skin.

Thanks, GraysonnG
Sorry, I didn't know your friend did that name for a joke. Forgive me? :3
Topic Starter
BlanksonnG

OMGPingu wrote:

Sorry, I didn't know your friend did that name for a joke. Forgive me? :3
Of course i can forgive you :P. I wasnt really mad. Just a little frustrated.
Piine
Voted for "Named" -cough-
Topic Starter
BlanksonnG

Sulker wrote:

Thats fine! ^_^ just dont be surprised when i dont make it the name ;)
Rutayu

GraysonnG wrote:

Sulker wrote:

My "Named" still winning ;o I feel honored ;_;
Topic Starter
BlanksonnG

xSiRix wrote:

GraysonnG wrote:

My "Named" still winning ;o I feel honored ;_;
Love you buddy! ♥♥♥
Topic Starter
BlanksonnG
Hello everybody! Today I was talking to <span style='color:#BF4000'>Layne</span> and he asked me what my skins theme was, and I told him, "It's ultimate simplicity" which right afterword i realized was the best idea i could think of for the name!

So I thank all of you who suggested names! I will leave your suggestions on the forum. In the end it did end up my decision on what the name should be, and I'm sorry that the name i picked wasn't one of the ones you suggested. I just thought this was a more fitting name than any.
Piine
Oh mai gawsh RECOUNT! :x

Just kidding. Nice name from Layne. Using this skin for gameplay as well so hoping for more updates ^^
Topic Starter
BlanksonnG

Sulker wrote:

Oh mai gawsh RECOUNT! :x

Just kidding. Nice name from Layne. Using this skin for gameplay as well so hoping for more updates ^^
There will be many more updates don't worry! (I still haven't reskinned quite a few things)
Santeri
Man, You are a skinning genius. I had used your Baka Accurate skin for a while now, which was the best skin I had ever used and now I discovered this. I think I've found a new winner...
Topic Starter
BlanksonnG

SanteriP wrote:

Man, You are a skinning genius. I had used your Baka Accurate skin for a while now, which was the best skin I had ever used and now I discovered this. I think I've found a new winner...
You know if you liked Baka Accurate you might like the reamake of it.
Vuelo Eluko
combo burst sound plays even when combo bursts turned off well then
probably an issue on my end not the skin though
Gumpy
I like simple things.
cerravox
1366 x 768 resolution please? cursor?