48.08%
go back to mouse, tablets aren't for everyone
7.69%
stick with the tablet for awhile longer, a week's not enough to tell
44.23%
Total votes: 52
Topic Starter
thedarkrogue
So I recently bought a tablet because nearly every high-end player seems to use one, but I've been playing with it for about half a week and yet I still seem to suck with it.
with mouse i could play very nearly any [insane] song and even some [hard] ar8+DT songs. with the tablet i can only pass about 30% of [insane] songs.
I notice that there are a FEW things that are easier with tablet, like very specific patterns, but aiming/jumping is definitely not one of them.

should i just stick through it and assume that it'll eventually be better for me , or should I go back to mouse?

btw It's a Intuos CTL480 and i'm using 50% of the tablet area
I feel like if I were to use the entire tablet area it'd just be too big, or should i just try and get used to full tablet area
if i do try and get used to full tablet area, where do you rest your hand, just on your desk? am i supposed to move my arm too?
Me168
I wish there was a "practice" button option

because thats all it takes

on the issue of Full Area, try it, see what feels comfortable to you, because comfort is the only way to play TBH
TakuMii
Try to find the biggest area that you can possibly use without using your arm and without hurting yourself, and get used to that. You'll see significant improvement if you spend more time with it.

(and for the record, I have small hands and I can still use full area/fullscreen+force proportions without moving anything past my wrist)
ballplay
try to stick to one area. i sucked when i first got my tablet but i spent 80 bucks on that shit so i used it and got used to it
uzzi
Once a traitor, always a traitor!
Rewben2
Half a week isn't nearly enough time to become good with it (at least on the level that you were when you used mouse). At least it wasn't for me
Myke B
I have had mine for about a year and I still try different areas and grips. It will always be worse than what you are use to, until the tablet becomes what you are use to :P
Topic Starter
thedarkrogue
I actually just switched to full area, and i'm actually able to pass many insane songs now
When I first started I tried full area, but I wasn't used to using a tablet, so I thought it was too hard.
I've been using the tablet daily now, and i'm getting pretty used to it, and full area does help a lot actually.

...maybe I shouldn't be so impatient with progression in learning a new style of play.
Myke B

thedarkrogue wrote:

I actually just switched to full area, and i'm actually able to pass many insane songs now
When I first started I tried full area, but I wasn't used to using a tablet, so I thought it was too hard.
I've been using the tablet daily now, and i'm getting pretty used to it, and full area does help a lot actually.

...maybe I shouldn't be so impatient with progression in learning a new style of play.
Yea.. One thing I had to grasp was, the cursor will moves as fast as you move it. There's no dpi or sensitivity - it's absolute tracking. Takes some time to master.
deletemyaccount
Yeah a week isn't enough to adjust using a different style of tracking when you said that you had spent a while using mouse. As you said yourself, you may have been a little impatient and with time you will find that you might improve more quickly with said tablet opposed to mouse (at least that was what happened to me).