forum

Keyboard Bindings

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
JerseyJackal
I know each person has their own style of playing, and I'm fine with that. However, I'm curious how different people in the community set up their keyboard. I used z/x for a long while, and I found that I could get to some crazy speeds with it. I also found that I was very unstable with it, and I'd even jump my hands around to the point that I'd end up mashing the wrong keys after enough speed. Talking with different people, someone recommended I try w/d, which I use now. I found I was incredibly accurate with it in comparison to z/x, but significantly slower (40bpm or so). I also started with the same issue of jumping my hand off the keys, but that has since been resolved. So, which keys have you bound and why?
Myke B

JerseyJackal wrote:

I know each person has their own style of playing, and I'm fine with that. However, I'm curious how different people in the community set up their keyboard. I used z/x for a long while, and I found that I could get to some crazy speeds with it. I also found that I was very unstable with it, and I'd even jump my hands around to the point that I'd end up mashing the wrong keys after enough speed. Talking with different people, someone recommended I try w/d, which I use now. I found I was incredibly accurate with it in comparison to z/x, but significantly slower (40bpm or so). I also started with the same issue of jumping my hand off the keys, but that has since been resolved. So, which keys have you bound and why?
c/v, to be honest, I think I heard cookiezi did it a couple of years back when I first started (not sure if it was true or not), and I just switched them to that lol. I think I stuck with them, because it makes my tapping arm straight. W and D, eh? That's pretty interesting - never heard of anyone using that :P
Topic Starter
JerseyJackal
The big thing was that I play righty mouse, but I'm a natural lefty. I got this advice when I last tried to transition to tablet. Apparently, I was supposed to w/d for right hand, and k/m for left hand. w/d stretched out my hand at first and was really uncomfortable, but I got used to it within a week. Still can't tap k/m at all :P
djjsixpack
S/D, because Z/X (or the front row in general) is too close for me, and A/S is too close to the tab key and I often accidentally hit it with my ring finger. S/D is also still close to the esc key so I can rage restart easier :D
Tekklorn
I used Z and X for a very long time but then started to switch because I couldn't stream consistently or quickly with them, so now I instead use E and R so I can rest my hand on my table/keyboard
TakuMii
I'm left-handed on tablet (I use num4 and num5, or [ and ] on a tenkeyless), but when I played right-handed on mouse, I used S and D because that's what Silvia used

I moved my hand up because my keyboard's wristpad isn't very tall, so my hand was arching over it when I used Z/X. My streaming didn't change when I switched from Z/X to S/D though, and I currently stream at about the same speed on both hands (I can handle deathstreams of about 190/200bpm).

EDIT: oh no I think I managed to kill my num5 key somehow... Well I guess I'm switching keys then.
mockingod
I've used Z/X for a while, then switched to Q/W because it just feels a bit better, and since I use a laptop, sometimes my palm hits the trackpad.
LuckyStrike_old_1
Use c/v like Cookiezi did and you will be able to pass scarlet rose
YukinoDesuDesu
somehow i immediately changed it into r/t when i started playing
Naikaze
I use A/S because when I first started playing my friend suggested that and when I tried it's really more comfortable than Z/X
Full Tablet
F8/F9 (the keys are remapped so they work as Z and X)
Mostly because of the distance between those 2 keys (about 0.7 of the distance between Z and C).
Soulg

LuckyStrike wrote:

Use c/v like Cookiezi did and you will be able to pass scarlet rose
he uses zx lol
Rewben2
xz even though my x key is very worn (it sounds very different to other keys on my keyboard, using blues)
Myke B

Rewben2 wrote:

xz even though my x key is very worn (it sounds very different to other keys on my keyboard, using blues)
I know what you mean. On my old blackwidow i use to use, my c/v sound very different.
[ Zan ]
I use w/e because when playing on my laptop keyboard the z/x keys were ~13-14 cm away from the edge of my desk and now that I use a separate keyboard, I looked for the keys ~13-14 cm away from the edge of my table
Yuin
NUM pad 1 and 4
It's just comfortable to have my hand kinda sprawled on the keyboard, with my pinky resting between the crevasse of enter and delete.
iWhorse
45 or 67 if im using keyboard rest (mostly for mania, 45 \*)

df is normal, have used ZX AS CV and DF's just right for my keyboard

i have a really oddly shaped desk though, thats why my mania keys are wierd
DarkBlue_
i use W/E
Big_Boi13
right click t and left click g for left click
ERJE
eh, i use A/X idk why it feels comfortable for me