forum

osu! Taiko World Cup 2014 - Discussion Thread

posted
Total Posts
show more
Nashmun

- Yuuka Niya - wrote:

Sad to see that.
But when A.B team is not allowed. Really easy to be like this situation..

I think it's not easy to have enough countries to attend.Then what will you decide Loctav?
Actually I'm pretty sure we do have 32 countries with at least 3 regular players. I've seen some players not participating because : "We don't have enough players in my country" even though I could find at least 2 others players who plays every days and has more than 10k PC. But some people just tend to think that if you can't FC every ranked map then you're not capable of playing in the TWC. Unfortunately, this is not giving a good image of taiko community because it has grown since last year but we have the impression it haven't just because of that.
karterfreak
I'm not gonna speak for Loctav because I don't know the whole situation, but did you guys follow the rules for registering? This happened before where some people didn't send a PM to Loctav after registering like is required in the rules.
- Yuuka Niya -

Nashmun wrote:

- Yuuka Niya - wrote:

Sad to see that.
But when A.B team is not allowed. Really easy to be like this situation..

I think it's not easy to have enough countries to attend.Then what will you decide Loctav?
Actually I'm pretty sure we do have 32 countries with at least 3 regular players. I've seen some players not participating because : "We don't have enough players in my country" even though I could find at least 2 others players who plays every days and has more than 10k PC. But some people just tend to think that if you can't FC every ranked map then you're not capable of playing in the TWC. Unfortunately, this is not giving a good image of taiko community because it has grown since last year but we have the impression it haven't just because of that.

are u really sure? Though I haven't calculate before,but maybe u can have a compare with the owc..
Then, though some players have pc more than 10k, they don't want to join either, for a not very correct example ,Rokodo?
Nashmun
I calculated how much countries we could gather just with players I already know, and I could gather more than 20 countries, and I wasn't that far from 32. Yes the issue is players not wanting to join and some not even being asked because they are not known in the taiko community (ie. people think they don't exist).

About Argentina not being in pending countries, I guess it's because we couldn't gather 32 teams, so they decided to cut off the number of participant to 20, and if you sent your application after 20 teams then maybe you're not on the list. But this is just an assumption, we should wait for the official answer ;)

EDIT : After reading the wiki page, it looks like this is the case. We now have 4 groups of 5 teams and #1-#4 of each group ascend to the knock-out stage. If we could gather more than 20 countries and having to reject some, maybe we can try to gather 24 teams, make 6 groups of 4 teams, make #1-#2 ascend + the 4 best #3. As we have to play the group stage in one single week-end, it will be easier for both part to make groups of 4 teams ?
pw384
Good luck there.
JhowM

Nashmun wrote:

If the teams really wanted to register they could have done it during the given time. Unfortunately the fact is, a lot of country just don't want to participate.
Yeah, you're right.

Anyway, good luck everyone.
Topic Starter
Loctav
Every team underruns the same check. If you want to change your roster, do it now. Your team hasn't been checked yet, so you can still exchange some members. But hurry up. Whenever the check started, changes are invalid.
Topic Starter
Loctav
Doublepost: I know that you have a different "culture of forum postings", but I decided to remove any post that weren't contributive to any discussion at all. Every post that lacks of a basic content got removed and will be removed in future.
yuan_0312
I think the top8 (A-Z)Canada France Germany HongKong Japan Korea Taiwan and [?]
Nashmun
Still only 4 validated teams ? Will the checks be totally performed until Saturday ?
Trash Boat
can we spec the TWC through osu! or from another website?
Riari

Trash Boat wrote:

can we spec the TWC through osu! or from another website?
I'm sure that you will be able to watch a stream on twitch and spec the players individually.
Nashmun
Yup, matches will be streamed on twitch through the official world cup channel here : http://www.twitch.tv/osulive
mliencheng
Wow, this year's TWC is so fair \(´・∀・`)/

I bet the champion will be Korea this time .

Good job.
Nashmun
-applerss- in the Korea team ? That was unexpected :p . Anyway, interesting teams we have here, can't wait to see the groups.
Trash Boat
and Argentina is in. at what time will start the live stream. my timezone is UTC -3
Choco Filled
this sounds interesting :D

So goodluck guys and ofc PH. team still pending i wonder why?
XK2238
>mfw no Taiwan

also

HR AURA 2STRONK

looks like this year will be different from recent ones, huh? lol
anyways good luck to all o/
Choco Filled

XK2238 wrote:

>mfw no Taiwan

also

HR AURA 2STRONK

i didnt notice they have a new captain as well xD

XK why your team didnt join yet? i wonder why,,,
Nashmun

XK2238 wrote:

also

HR AURA 2STRONK
Wut ?

Also H-3 for the drawings if everything is alright \o/
AnFace

XK2238 wrote:

>mfw no Taiwan

also

HR AURA 2STRONK

gimme dat free mod
Luna
We're up against Japan and Malaysia? It's last year all over again /o/
Asagi Mutsuki
We're up against Japan and Germany? GG then lolololololololol
HeatKai

Luna wrote:

oh stop it you hr master
Jerry
Oh man this is gonna be so fun fdsjafdjsivdvdfvsn
Pagliaccio

Luna wrote:

Japan? Malaysia? Lol, France+Canada gg wp cya next year :D
Trash Boat
whats the live stream? i thought it started today
karterfreak
Hoping we get the songs for group stage posted soon! Want to get practicing! :)
Yuzeyun

Luna wrote:

ПРИВЕТ, РОССИЯ.
Topic Starter
Loctav

Tasha wrote:

Hoping we get the songs for group stage posted soon! Want to get practicing! :)
I aim to release everything on the evening. Scheduling needs some time :D
Nashmun
What's the final answers about streaming group stage ? Can we stream at least few matches or no matches at all will be streamed ?
Topic Starter
Loctav

Nashmun wrote:

What's the final answers about streaming group stage ? Can we stream at least few matches or no matches at all will be streamed ?
This will be decided during the week after some followups and testings
OnosakiHito
Group Stage Mappool is out. Check out the wiki for it.

Information:
  1. 19 different mappers
    - 2x: climbb65588, Alace, KanaRin, Flower, lolcubes
    - 1x: Nashmun, 31, MMzz, inaba-tan, TKSalt, OnosakiHito, qoot8123, hs714, toara_fict, spboxer3, MoonFragrancy, Reyshel, bossandy, lepidopodus
  2. Genres / singer / etc.: BMS, english, japanese, anime, classic, folk, cytus, instrumental, Hatsune Miku, k-pop, eurobeat
  3. Song lenght: 8 x 1 minute, 7 x 2 minutes, 5 x 3 minutes, 2 x 4 minutes
  4. Using three previous used maps
Mappool contains various maps which requier different skills, such as:
  1. reading finishers
  2. playing streams
  3. dealing with SV changes
  4. beeing able to play faster songs
  5. stamina
  6. slider game play (Map: Kara - Step).
Formation:

1. NoMod: From easier maps(top) to the harder maps (bottom).
  2. HD / HR: Contains one easier HD/HR map but which are longer than the other maps from their mod bracket.
  3. DT: One slower BPM map.
  4. Free Mod: Should be fair for all three play kinds (NM/HD/HR)
    - 1# Map: 165 BPM
    - 2# Map: 170 BPM
    - 3# Map: 180 BPM
You are always able to PM me in forum new maps. Preferable your own map, since you know how you mapped it and want to show me your best work.
I hope you like the mappools. Good luck to all participants!
Topic Starter
Loctav
Moreover, the match schedule has been released.
Please consult the wiki page to insight this information.
OzzyOzrock
Is there a beatmap pack for the songs? That'd be nice.
lolcubes
Luna
Fun maps, but pretty easy set tbh
Owens and Calamity Fortune should have been free mod imo, they are really awesome on both HR and HD (and of similar difficulty with each mod)
Manima ni = <3, but also a bit too easy for a tiebreaker maybe
[TaikoTori]
It is supposed to be easy, Luna. :D It is the first round, after all. I agree with Luna otherwise, tho. Very fun!
AnFace

Luna wrote:

Fun maps, but pretty easy set tbh
Owens and Calamity Fortune should have been free mod imo, they are really awesome on both HR and HD (and of similar difficulty with each mod)
Manima ni = <3, but also a bit too easy for a tiebreaker maybe
everything should be free mod
nomod is so hard
Nashmun
Good mappool indeed, I like those HR picks :) (And omg Burn in the nomod bracket :3)
And I agree with Luna that the tiebreaker might be too easy.
show more