[resolved] Osu! doesn't start.

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
Lem

Marcin wrote:

Try running updater (osume.exe)
I've tried that several times, but nothing changes whatsoever. As soon as I click "Start osu!", the thing crashes like usual.
XPJ38
Stick to a single thread please. I have merged your previous one.
Topic Starter
Lem

XPJ38 wrote:

Stick to a single thread please. I have merged your previous one.
Ok, sorry.
Topic Starter
Lem
So far I have tried:
•Running osu! through osu!me.exe
•Changing my framerate options
•Changing from openGL to directX
•Going into fullscreen
•Deleting osu!.cfg and osu!.db
•Deleting osu!.[username].cfg
•Deleting Songs, skins and data folders

I really have no other ideas other than re-installing my laptop, but that is too tedious and there must be a simpler solution. :c
Piine
Have you done
*Updating Net Framework?
*Updating Drivers?
*Updating DirectX
*Checking Antiviruses and excetera (one of my antiviruses though osu was one lol'd
*Using System Restore to when it was working?[/list]
Topic Starter
Lem

Sulker wrote:

Have you done
*Updating Net Framework?
*Updating Drivers?
*Updating DirectX
*Checking Antiviruses and excetera (one of my antiviruses though osu was one lol'd
*Using System Restore to when it was working?[/list]
Updating net framework had no effect.
All my drivers are fully updated
Nothing happened after updating DirectX
I whitelisted osu! on all my antiviruses, no effect.
I've never used system restore before, and there is nothing to restore back to :/.

There has to be some really simple answer to this I'm missing, but there's nothing I can think of.
Piine
.............When you cant System Restore....then game over man. Just go and make a backup of your stuff and start over XD
Topic Starter
Lem

Sulker wrote:

.............When you can System Restore....then game over man. Just go and make a backup of your stuff and start over XD
I guess I'll just wait for the next update of osu!. If that doesn't fix the problem, I may just give up for a few months.
YERTI
reinstall your game
Piine

YERTI wrote:

reinstall your game
He did several times....I don't think you noticed the whole chat did you... tl:dr?
Topic Starter
Lem

Sulker wrote:

YERTI wrote:

reinstall your game
He did several times....I don't think you noticed the whole chat did you... tl:dr?
I just forgot to put it in the bullet point list.
YERTI

Sulker wrote:

YERTI wrote:

reinstall your game
i didnt read previous posts
JefferyHus
do you have any malware or antivirus installed in your pc?
Topic Starter
Lem

JefferyHus wrote:

do you have any malware or antivirus installed in your pc?
I have whitelisted all osu! files on my antivirus so it will not block them.
Topic Starter
Lem
Does anyone know what the error code could even mean?
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at #qo.#Jo.#3X()
at #qo.#po.#fr()
at #qo.#po.#nt()
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()
Topic Starter
Lem
Ok so I think it could be a .dll issue, but I have no idea what that means of how to fix it.
(Guys please help idk what to do without osu!.)
Topic Starter
Lem
So I re-installed windows and the thing works now.
I don't know what was the cause or how to actually solve it, so it's not really resolved. Thanks for everyone who tried helping me though.
[ Lionheart ]
I'm still having this same issue with the same error code

System.NullReferenceException: Der Objektverweis wurde nicht auf eine Objektinstanz festgelegt.
bei #qo.#Jo.#3X()
bei #qo.#po.#fr()
bei #qo.#po.#nt()
bei System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
bei System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
bei System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

I'd be glad if someone looked into this as i'm just unable to play and that annoys me quite a lot :( Re-installing windows isn't actually an option for me :O
[ Lionheart ]
So i found out that my osutest actually works, but i can't play with it since i'm not a supporter at the moment. Does nobody have any clue what's wrong? :(
Marcin
Try deleting all *.dll files and *.db files in your osu! folder, and then running osu! through osume.exe. Also instead of removing them, you can also back up them since it will delete your local scores.
[ Lionheart ]

Marcin wrote:

Try deleting all *.dll files and *.db files in your osu! folder, and then running osu! through osume.exe. Also instead of removing them, you can also back up them since it will delete your local scores.
This worked for me, thanks a lot! :D