forum

Need help choosing a tablet

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
-R e i m u-
Hello people, I'm looking to buy a tablet and I have a few options on my mind currently, and I was wondering if you guys can help me decide. I read somewhere that a bigger area is better in the future, and I have a little doubts about buying the osu! tablet so hence, I was looking at other tablets as well.

osu! tablet ( in the preorder list )
CTL-460 Bamboo
CTL-480 Intuos Pen

Sorry if a thread like this already exists, the tablet buying guide is kind of out of date.

Edit: I am not going to do any art.
Nathanael
osu!tablet is cheap imo and I guess its already good for playing unlike the other two.
Also at the future, I think peppy will also release a bigger area.
Me168
All of those are really good, but if you are on the preorder list for it just get osu! tablet

plus if you or nobody else is going to use it for art why even buy a super high quality art tablet????
Topic Starter
-R e i m u-
The only thing I'm worried about for the osu! tablet would be the active area.
Me168
It would take a bit of practice to be able to play that size area, I would recommend using full area for that tablet, but feel free to use whatever size you would want

Plus you dont want something large either, because that might put a lot of strain on your arm and wrist
Rewben2
ctl460/470/480 are all pretty similar so whichever suits you.
Topic Starter
-R e i m u-
Is it worth buying the CTL-480 over the osu! tablet since it has a bigger active area, I can pay the extra 40 dollars.
Nathanael
If you'll also use it for art, then it will be worth buying. But you said it will be only for osu!, then you'll just waste the other features.
Tablet area doesn't matter as long as you'll be able to get used to it. ;)

Me168 wrote:

It would take a bit of practice to be able to play that size area
Topic Starter
-R e i m u-
That's kind of true.. I'll wait for the osu! tablet then. Thanks for the advice :)
Espionage724

-R e i m u- wrote:

That's kind of true.. I'll wait for the osu! tablet then. Thanks for the advice :)
If you're impatient, or generally don't need the skinned osu!tablet, you could grab a Huion H420 tablet instead. For me, the price was $25 vs $40-ish.

I have a CTH-460 currently, pretty decent tablet. My only hardware complaint is that awkward cable positioning when used as a right-handed, but meh.
Nakage
Expensive tablets really only matter for art. Active area isn't too concerning for me, I active mapped the active area of my tablet to the size of my wrist so the full movement of wrist is inside the osu window. It's easier on the arm (more stamina) and is faster, at least for me.

If you're just worrying about a tablet for osu, get the cheapest one that doesn't require a battery for the pen. That's all I can suggest. Don't concern yourself with active area, you will adapt no matter what it's set to.