forum

should there be a Osu!con/is there a Osu!con

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
FireFoxZX
i always wondered if there was a large grouping of osu players i could map and play with that would be fun
jackisgone
i doubt many people would go considering the community isnt that large
thelewa
the topic and your post are pretty much unrelated to each other, OP
deadbeat

FireFoxZX wrote:

i always wondered if there was a large grouping of osu players i could map and play with that would be fun
why not organise one then. nothing stopping you
Shohei Ohtani
I remember like, 4 or 5 years ago, there was a sort of unofficial con where like a bunch of people got together and did stuff together, but eh.

The biggest thing against holding a convention besides the number of people is that it costs a LOT of money. osu! hasn't been desperately begging for donations, but it's still not a multi-million dollar cash cow. You could sell stuff at a convention, but of course, you'd only get so much (if any at all) of the money of the items sold, and it'd probably not be enough to cover rent.

If you wanna map with a large group of people or something or whatever, you might wanna organize something locally with people around your area. It might be more helpful if you're like, able to drive on your own and stuff, (Unless your parents aren't like mine, where they believe everyone on the internet is a predator).

Although mapping with multiple people is weird like wtf like hot damn if I had another nigga tellin me how to map while I mapped it i'd be like "move bitch, get out the way" like shit nigga mod my shit later.
Topic Starter
FireFoxZX

CDFA wrote:

I remember like, 4 or 5 years ago, there was a sort of unofficial con where like a bunch of people got together and did stuff together, but eh.

The biggest thing against holding a convention besides the number of people is that it costs a LOT of money. osu! hasn't been desperately begging for donations, but it's still not a multi-million dollar cash cow. You could sell stuff at a convention, but of course, you'd only get so much (if any at all) of the money of the items sold, and it'd probably not be enough to cover rent.

If you wanna map with a large group of people or something or whatever, you might wanna organize something locally with people around your area. It might be more helpful if you're like, able to drive on your own and stuff, (Unless your parents aren't like mine, where they believe everyone on the internet is a predator).

Although mapping with multiple people is weird like wtf like hot damn if I had another nigga tellin me how to map while I mapped it i'd be like "move bitch, get out the way" like shit nigga mod my shit later.
wow cdfa i actually wanted to map with you but i guess ill mod your shit later anyway i have no idea how i would hold a Osu!con without renting a stadium i would probably (if i could) hold one in colorado, sadly i dont think many people in colorado play Osu! thus it would be both pointless and...... well pointless besides i doubt you would come to colorado to a Osu!con anyway with all this talk about maps and nigga's
awp

CDFA wrote:

hi we just got back from our fourth annual Sort Of Unofficial Con a week and a half ago and it was a blast
Mogsy

awp wrote:

CDFA wrote:

hi we just got back from our fourth annual Sort Of Unofficial Con a week and a half ago and it was a blast
seriously this is one I'll be talking about for ages

But seriously, a good idea might be organizing a meetup at your local major con, one that usually draws in a lot of people from outside the area (I know a lot of people tend to do that with places like Anime North; this past one for us was MAGfest). Basically, just organize amongst friends. Sometimes they can spontaneously happen but it's always fun to just meet folks.

As far as a major osu! con is concerned: well, keep dreaming. If you wanna meet folks, stick more local to start.
awp
oh right, Anime North. There were like, fuckin' 13 of us last year.
RemmyX25
I tried to hook you guys up but no one paid any attention :(

Anyways, story time!!

Mogsworth and I realized that we lived only an hour from each other. So once we had free time, we started chatting in the staff channel about just hanging out, awp was like "you guys are about an 8 hour drive from me. I want in. Hey cheese, you wanna come along?" and then history was made. Ever since, we've tried to meet up AT LEAST once a year, with other plans of just kinda chillin' somewhere in between. And each year, we keep adding to our roster of cool kids, like Rolled, Luigihann, Cyclone, and even Lybydose.

Next year though, I have plans. Big plans. Be ready.
Shohei Ohtani

FireFoxZX wrote:

CDFA wrote:

wow cdfa i actually wanted to map with you but i guess ill mod your shit later anyway i have no idea how i would hold a Osu!con without renting a stadium i would probably (if i could) hold one in colorado, sadly i dont think many people in colorado play Osu! thus it would be both pointless and...... well pointless besides i doubt you would come to colorado to a Osu!con anyway with all this talk about maps and nigga's
Sorry bby I still love you ;3; (But in all honesty you'd hate mapping with me because I'm really messy and you'd be like "CDFA NO MAKE THAT SLIDER BETTER" and I'd be like "fuck the police")

also im too poor to fly to Colorado lol fly to California and see me bby ;w;

The best thing to do if you wanna meet up with people is to hold something at a big local area, or a con as mentioned earlier in the thread. The only people I've met irl from osu! are dkun and Raose (excluding irl friends that joined osu :P), and we literally met up at a marching band competition (Granted, it was spontaneous. I was in the area and they're like "Prepare urself nigga"). It wouldn't really be an "osu!con", per se, but it's a cool meet up thing, and you could always suggest to bring laptops and osu! and shit or whatever.

Unrelated note, if there were an official osu!con, it'd more than likely happen in Austrailia, since peppy is from there and all.
Topic Starter
FireFoxZX
cdfa i LOVE mapping i am never able to finish a map becuase i have to time EVERYTHING perfectly or else i feel that my map fails horribbly

and Amp y u no post the event notice on the forums?

EDIT: cdfa i wouldnt want to make your sliders better mainly becuase you would be like "NIGGA GET AWF MAH MAP YOU TRYNA MESS WIT MAH SHYT NIGGA".
Shohei Ohtani

FireFoxZX wrote:

cdfa i LOVE mapping i am never able to finish a map becuase i have to time EVERYTHING perfectly or else i feel that my map fails horribbly

and Amp y u no post the event notice on the forums?

EDIT: cdfa i wouldnt want to make your sliders better mainly becuase you would be like "NIGGA GET AWF MAH MAP YOU TRYNA MESS WIT MAH SHYT NIGGA".
its ok to fail miserably i have 20 ranked maps that I failed miserably on woohoo
Topic Starter
FireFoxZX

CDFA wrote:

its ok to fail miserably i have 20 ranked maps that I failed miserably on woohoo
currently failing miserably http://osu.ppy.sh/s/143122