http://puu.sh/6hfsA

Any other ways I should try?
boat
Hold it in your hand.
Topic Starter
Arturxxx

boat wrote:

Hold it in your hand.
Great idea, I'll try. No, seriously. While I hold the pen like this it is sometimes sliding out of my grip/feels really uncomfortable.
AmberLynx
Go scavenge for an unused pen with one of those rubber grips. That hose should help with grip problems (if you can find one big enough)
Might feel awkward to hold at first but you'll get used to it. Helps in the long run, specially for long/marathon maps ;p
Topic Starter
Arturxxx

salted_nuts wrote:

Go scavenge for an unused pen with one of those rubber grips. That hose should help with grip problems (if you can find one big enough)
Might feel awkward to hold at first but you'll get used to it. Helps in the long run, specially for long/marathon maps ;p
Thanks for the advice, I'll look for one asap :)
nrl
That's a really good idea salty. I hold my pen like so:
SPOILER
Pen pretty close to vertical, palm nearly parallel to the surface. The glove helps with friction.
Flafflez
I have my pinky extended to keep the pen at a good hover distance from the pad so I don't stray in the middle of a song. My hand stays pretty much stationary. I find it easier to jump around the screen without moving my whole hand. I am new to the game, so take this with a grain of salt I suppose. I have tried a couple different ways, but this juxtaposition is what works best for me for the time being.
jackisgone
just hold it like a regular pen
nrl

jackishere wrote:

just hold it like a regular pen
Not everyone holds a pen the same way. I hold a regular pen between my index and middle fingers and move primarily with my fingers. With my tablet pen I move primarily from my elbow.
Espionage724

Arturxxx wrote:

I currently hold my tablet pen like this:
http://puu.sh/6hfsA

Any other ways I should try?
I used to hold it like that, only the pen would rest on my ring finger instead. I tried holding it the way you do one day, and never went back (can't say I really play any better or not, but it feels weird using my old method now).