forum

How do I stream with blue switches -_-

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
CookChefSteak

Soulg wrote:

why exactly do you thing its making you worse? what about the keyboard specifically is annoying you, because ive never really heard of someone going rubber dome > mech and getting slower, at least not after they get used to it
as I said, I can't hold streams for more than a few seconds when it's over 180bpm. I really don't know what the problem is, it just feels so much harder to stream. How long is it supposed to take to get used to it? and what about bottoming out/halfway clicking?Do you bottom out on deathstreams or should I lr2half?

Ted_the_red wrote:

Do you like blue switches? Or have you tried any other switch? The switch that feels the best for you will most likely give you better results
Ye I do like them they feel pretty good and the halfway click thingy is nice too(although I can't figure out how to singletap that way, can only bottom out)
never tried any other switch too. Brown/red/blacks cost 150$ more than the blues I have where I live, and I really cba to order one and wait 4 months for it to arrive.
I also read that lots of people recommend blues and even rrtyui uses them.

Lach wrote:

You send them back and get reds because tactile bumps a shit
ye that thing's not optimal but reds are way too expensive for me

@YayMii & @winber1
I couldn't try anything else this switch type was the only one I could afford and I assumed no matter what mech>rubber but idk now?
I'm more accurate tho that's fo sho.
TakuMii
Mechanical is definitely better than rubber, and it is still possible to stream fast with Blues (there are still a couple of high-ranked players that use Blues). They just work and feel differently than any other switch type for the most part (mechanical or otherwise) so they take more effort getting used to.

@Lach: u hrt my feelings. i use browns
Topic Starter
CookChefSteak

YayMii wrote:

Mechanical is definitely better than rubber, and it is still possible to stream fast with Blues (there are still a couple of high-ranked players that use Blues). They just work and feel differently than any other switch type for the most part (mechanical or otherwise) so they take more effort getting used to.

@Lach: u hrt my feelings. i use browns
so what about the bottoming out thingy? When should I and when should I not? any idea? maybe that's what's causing my problems
TakuMii

CookChefSteak wrote:

so what about the bottoming out thingy? When should I and when should I not? any idea? maybe that's what's causing my problems
I'd suggest trying not to bottom out whenever you can, and especially when you're streaming. It'll just strain your fingers and/or wrist if you try streaming and bottoming out all the time. But as I said, the tactile bump moves as you press the key (it's higher on the way down and lower on the way up), so doing that will take more effort to get used to.
Topic Starter
CookChefSteak

YayMii wrote:

CookChefSteak wrote:

I'd suggest trying not to bottom out whenever you can, and especially when you're streaming. It'll just strain your fingers and/or wrist if you try streaming and bottoming out all the time. But as I said, the tactile bump moves as you press the key (it's higher on the way down and lower on the way up), so doing that will take more effort to get used to.
guess it's back to 150bpm for me

I'll play low bpm maps and practice not bottoming out. Hope that works.
WolfCoder
I had to retrain for a few days when my mechanical keyboard arrived even though they were reds, not being used to the hair-trigger style keys. It's normal.
Rewben2
You get used to it. It's not like blue switches are broken and so far inferior to reds that they are unusable.
Yano
I used a half Year the Blue Switches ...

Get used to It then you can Stream

Reds are better but Blues are better than Rubber
Totoki
so ppl are complaining about mech keyboards nowaday zzz
RaneFire

kamiyo-sama wrote:

Yar... Mech is a mech. This whole business of shit switches and good switches is seriously over-hyped.

Reds are like 1% better because your fingers adapt to what you are familiar with and nothing more. If you play on reds from the start... not gonna make a difference. But if you played on blacks and go to reds, you'll have a huge stamina increase because they are significantly lighter than what you trained on.

Blues are a different story though, because of the way their tactile feel works. Your streaming is suffering most likely because you used a very low movement (vibration) technique before on your membrane keyboard where you did not lift your keys up much. This is the only way your speed will suffer by a whole 60 BPM. All mechanical keyboard switches have their actuation points at 2mm before bottoming out... and only blues have their release point higher than that because of it's design. So that might make it bad for you, but I don't really approve of that technique anyway.

Should've got reds bro. Now you have to practice lifting the key a bit more and not bottoming out with full force while streaming. I prefer the "zero" force bottom out though regardless, where you pretty much stop exactly as you touch the bottom, not a gram of extra force.
PLAYER WITH RSI
your fingers will get stronger over time don't worry, lil b is watching you
Please
is it bad that i got better at this game after switching from reds to blues? :roll:
Yano

Please wrote:

is it bad that i got better at this game after switching from reds to blues? :roll:
No... the Switches are personal preference
Topic Starter
CookChefSteak

RaneFire wrote:

kamiyo-sama wrote:

Yar... Mech is a mech. This whole business of shit switches and good switches is seriously over-hyped.

Reds are like 1% better because your fingers adapt to what you are familiar with and nothing more. If you play on reds from the start... not gonna make a difference. But if you played on blacks and go to reds, you'll have a huge stamina increase because they are significantly lighter than what you trained on.

Blues are a different story though, because of the way their tactile feel works. Your streaming is suffering most likely because you used a very low movement (vibration) technique before on your membrane keyboard where you did not lift your keys up much. This is the only way your speed will suffer by a whole 60 BPM. All mechanical keyboard switches have their actuation points at 2mm before bottoming out... and only blues have their release point higher than that because of it's design. So that might make it bad for you, but I don't really approve of that technique anyway.

Should've got reds bro. Now you have to practice lifting the key a bit more and not bottoming out with full force while streaming. I prefer the "zero" force bottom out though regardless, where you pretty much stop exactly as you touch the bottom, not a gram of extra force.
That sounds about right. I developed my streaming technique in a way that heavily focused on my middle finger that can move extremely fast(large range of motion) while my index finger vibrated(almost no range of motion). I achieved accuracy that way by tilting my hand so I could compensate for the almost nonexistent range of motion my index finger had. I guess you could say I only streamed with one finger and just vibrated with the other at various frequencies, but that completely failed to work on my mech. Luckily though I only have to relearn streaming with one finger ^^
Espionage724

RaneFire wrote:

Is it really worth not bottoming out? I have a blue keyboard currently (had a buckling spring IBM Model M prior to that), and can't really grasp the concept of not bottoming out, without extreme concentration and speed loss.

If anything though, I feel my accuracy from a rubber dome to blue is kind of less mainly due to bottoming out (I consider the key registered when it bottoms out, meanwhile, it registers half-way apparently).
RaneFire

Espionage724 wrote:

RaneFire wrote:

Is it really worth not bottoming out? I have a blue keyboard currently (had a buckling spring IBM Model M prior to that), and can't really grasp the concept of not bottoming out, without extreme concentration and speed loss.

If anything though, I feel my accuracy from a rubber dome to blue is kind of less mainly due to bottoming out (I consider the key registered when it bottoms out, meanwhile, it registers half-way apparently).
Only applies to streaming. When I"m single-tapping my keyboard is getting rekt.
Illkryn
Usually OBS is good for streaming with blue switches.
Soulg

Illkryn wrote:

HUE
Topic Starter
CookChefSteak

Illkryn wrote:

Nakage

Illkryn wrote:

This guy.
Icyteru
wtf how I just noticed how small your tablet area is kamiyo. How do you do it!?!
JerseyJackal
Okay, quick question. I know a bunch of different people have tried out different keyboard on here, but I want to know if anyone on osu! has used Topre switches before. I'm probably gonna purchase one anyway even if I can't game with it, since it's so awesome for typing, but what is the consensus for their usage in osu? Approximately the same pressure as a red switch, but totally silent, and with a smoother transition. I can't tell if this would be better or worse for the game.
iWhorse
the same way you'd stream with any other keyboard