forum

stronger fingers to stream ?

posted
Total Posts
show more
Soarezi
If you want to get faster at streaming, singletap with both fingers
thelewa
I just ordered one of those finger exercise things again, they actually help with stamina if you use them all the fucking time
Dexus

Soarezi wrote:

The problem is learning how to use them together at the speeds you can single tap.

thelewa wrote:

I just ordered one of those finger exercise things again, they actually help with stamina if you use them all the fucking time
Gotta get one of these too while you're at it (or something like it). http://www.thextensor.com/xt_video_series.php Working your grip only goes one way~ Be sure to take like 2 day breaks inbetween using this stuff. Everyday use can cause problems.
Soarezi

Dexus wrote:

Soarezi wrote:

The problem is learning how to use them together at the speeds you can single tap.

thelewa wrote:

Gotta get one of these too while you're at it (or something like it). http://www.thextensor.com/xt_video_series.php Working your grip only goes one way~
i dont see how it would be hard to learn to stream lol
Dexus
I can single tap past 300 BPM but it doesn't mean I can stream 300 BPM. The method I use to single tap doesn't correlate with how I stream. Single tapping only goes so far in helping you with streaming. It can help you maintain control to do bursts of notes quickly like djpop maps.
Soarezi
Obviously not but it puts far more stress to your finger than alternating which increases muclerino
nrl
You don't need muscle for osu!, you need muscle control. The only way to get better at streaming is to stream.
RaneFire
More like better trained muscles, as opposed to untrained muscles. No extra muscle mass, or at least very minimal.

People can have bigger muscles than others but still be weaker because they lack training.

See strength-to-weight ratio in gymnasts, who have the highest.
Arcanine
deathstreammmmmmmmmmmm
Nakage
I've been able to stream at ~215-220 right off the bat. I've also done a lot of exercise before I started playing osu, so maybe that had something to do with it, but I don't think streaming is the only way to get better at streaming. My friend who has never streamed in his life can stream at 200 BPM and he had a very similar exercise regimen as me.
GoldenWolf

Nakage wrote:

I've been able to stream at ~215-220 right off the bat. I've also done a lot of exercise before I started playing osu, so maybe that had something to do with it, but I don't think streaming is the only way to get better at streaming. My friend who has never streamed in his life can stream at 200 BPM and he had a very similar exercise regimen as me.
depends what's "being able to stream" for you

To me it's being consistent over a large number of circles, aka 95% minimum at OD8 over 1000+ circles
Soarezi
it doesnt matter if you're able to mash buttons, what matter is your consistency on long streams with high OD
Nakage
Right, but you can't be fast and accurate if you're not fast. Being able to stream for me is being able to sustain a bpm for over 50-100 notes a few times. Sure, being fast without being accurate means nothing, but being accurate without being fast enough doesn't mean much more in streaming.
Almost

Nakage wrote:

Right, but you can't be fast and accurate if you're not fast. Being able to stream for me is being able to sustain a bpm for over 50-100 notes a few times. Sure, being fast without being accurate means nothing, but being accurate without being fast enough doesn't mean much more in streaming.
I'd prefer to be really accurate then really fast personally. I give no shits if you can stream 300bpm but get 100s and 50s on all streams.
Heinzen
I can stream 200~210bpm constantly and burst stream ~300. What I do is basically what someone up above said, find what your infinite stream is (that one BPM where you can keep on streaming for 20 minutes if it takes) and do gradual increases. Increase 5bpm until you are confortable with that, then +5bpm and so on.

I ordered a finger exercising tool (pic below) that has several stiffness settings. I'm not sure, but pressing that with a harder setting would probably train endurance while a lighter one would help with speed (oh please make this work).

If you want, you can learn how to stream faster just by playing, but muscle conditioning and muscle control really helps you break your own limits.

Nakage

Almost wrote:

I'd prefer to be really accurate then really fast personally. I give no shits if you can stream 300bpm but get 100s and 50s on all streams.
What I meant was more of being accurate, but not being able to stream fast enough, so accuracy means nothing if you cannot even keep up with the stream. I wouldn't mind being able to stream at 300 bpm and get 100s and 50s because it meant I could improve and turn those into consistent 300s with practice whereas someone who's already consistent with 220 bpm wouldn't have had a chance to stream 300 bpm in the first place. I prefer being able to improve rather than being as good as I'm going to get.
Almost

Nakage wrote:

Almost wrote:

What I meant was more of being accurate, but not being able to stream fast enough, so accuracy means nothing if you cannot even keep up with the stream. I wouldn't mind being able to stream at 300 bpm and get 100s and 50s because it meant I could improve and turn those into consistent 300s with practice whereas someone who's already consistent with 220 bpm wouldn't have had a chance to stream 300 bpm in the first place. I prefer being able to improve rather than being as good as I'm going to get.
Just because you don't have the finger speed doesn't mean you can't improve it. And not everyone can improve their accuracy so easily, I've spent weeks training my streaming accuracy only to end up worse then when I started. My stamina and speed on the other hand actually improves quite easily.
Nakage

Almost wrote:

Nakage wrote:

Just because you don't have the finger speed doesn't mean you can't improve it. And not everyone can improve their accuracy so easily, I've spent weeks training my streaming accuracy only to end up worse then when I started. My stamina and speed on the other hand actually improves quite easily.
I'm arguing that it's easier to be fast and accurate if you're already fast, do you disagree? I'm not disagreeing with you or implying that it's worse to be accurate than to be fast (I actually implied that it was better, and was talking about if you're not fast enough to do a stream then it isn't physically possible to be accurate with it), I'm just saying as it is.
RaneFire

Nakage wrote:

Almost wrote:

The reason they 'prefer' being accurate first is because of technique. Speed can be gained too, but it just requires a different method of training, mixing fast and slow maps together, training accuracy and breaking your speed barrier simultaneously. I've also heard of guitar players doing this so they can play their favourite songs faster.

Often players who say they can stream really fast from the 1st day do not have a streaming style conducive to getting good accuracy, like button-mashing or vibrating. i.e. not lifting the keys properly. If you watch some fast accurate streamers, or good accurate players in general, you'll see that they have a very well-defined finger motion. It's about technique.
Almost

Nakage wrote:

I'm arguing that it's easier to be fast and accurate if you're already fast, do you disagree? I'm not disagreeing with you or implying that it's worse to be accurate than to be fast (I actually implied that it was better, and was talking about if you're not fast enough to do a stream then it isn't physically possible to be accurate with it), I'm just saying as it is.
I think it's vice versa. I feel finger speed and stamina are a lot easier to train compared to accuracy.
Nakage

Almost wrote:

I think it's vice versa. I feel finger speed and stamina are a lot easier to train compared to accuracy.
mm, I suppose I did word it a bit wrong making it seems as I was implying doing one was particularly easier than the other. The main issue I see with newer players is just not being able to stream fast to begin with and not being able to get faster or hit streams in the first place because of it.

To each his own, I suppose. I have had more issues with speed than accuracy personally. It's nice discussing this, however. I at least get to see it from both angles now as I'm more of talking from the third person rather than the first.
Soarezi

Almost wrote:

Nakage wrote:

That depends on the person, imho.