forum

Super Smash Bros. 4

posted
Total Posts
show more
Jindujun93
This is probably the best SSB4 kill I've seen so far.
NoHitter
Lost because of lag in Online. 0/10 will never attempt online play again.
Trash Boat
don't give up no hitter, find somebody near your location. it should work

Blazevoir wrote:

So... one of my friends showed me this:

lol what was Pac-Man damage ratio at that time?
NoHitter
Considering I main Ness... yeah it sucks.
I just die because the lag screws with my recovery. (PK Thunder is hard to land :()
4 - 4 is my record so far, and those loses were due to lag...
Lazulite
Anyone up for some battles 3ds version?
I main- Mii Fighter, Lucario, Lucina, Larry (Bowser Jr.), Robin, and Yoshi
Friend Code is - 0001-3826-0355
also can contact me via my skype -SpartanxGunnerx
Jindujun93

NoHitter wrote:

Considering I main Ness... yeah it sucks.
I just die because the lag screws with my recovery. (PK Thunder is hard to land :()
4 - 4 is my record so far, and those loses were due to lag...
As a fellow Ness mainer, I definitely feel for you. So far I had no lag at all whenever I played (and I did play a considerable amount of time online), but I know how frustrating it can be to have lag with him.
Topic Starter
Birdy
In 5 hours, if all goes according to the plan, I should have a copy of Super Smash Bros. in my backpack while travelling to a friend's house.

Awwww yisssss.
Trash Boat
what could be wrong?
Witch Mercy
Waiting for Black Friday to arrive and hopefully purchase a 3ds xl and the game.
NaomiMinette
NessuDessu
:? I only have the Super Smash Demo.... WAGHHH When do you guys think the SBB4 fever would die down so that I can buy it at a not "sold out" store?
Trash Boat
more like 420 months
NaomiMinette

NessuDessu wrote:

:? I only have the Super Smash Demo.... WAGHHH When do you guys think the SBB4 fever would die down so that I can buy it at a not "sold out" store?
Whenever the Wii U version comes out. (No, I'm not kidding.)
Lanturn
Last I heard the eShop has infinite supply, but I could just be going crazy.

I really want a N3DS now by the way ;_;
NessuDessu
Thanks for your advice, I guess I'll just wait until I save enough money or whenever... :(
NaomiMinette
I'll admit I forgot about the eShop as of my last post, but the fever... well... Let's just wait and see what the Wii U-specific modes are.
NessuDessu
I am willing to wait for a while,but for now I can just watch my friend play.... I also am surprised that Duck Hunt was included and excited that Ness was in SSBB4.
D33d
I finally have a 3DS and the new Smash, so if anyone fancies giving me some company, hit me up.
Topic Starter
Birdy
Quick poll:
Top 3 fighters?
Top 3 items?
Thoughts on Smash Run?
NaomiMinette
1) Lucario, Toon Link, and Dr. Mario
2) Master Ball, Ore Club, and Galaga Ships
3) Needs online multiplayer
Jarby
Top 3 fighters: Peach, Sheik and Villager.
Top 3 items: NO ITEMS ALLOWED (X bomb, bullet bill and the gust bellows are cool though)
Smash run thoughts: Probably won't play it once I unlock everything. Maybe it's better in multiplayer?
Topic Starter
Birdy

Jarby wrote:

Smash run thoughts: Probably won't play it once I unlock everything. Maybe it's better in multiplayer?
Yeah, it's kind of more fun in multiplayer, but then again everything is more fun in multiplayer. I kind of really like the mode either way.

My top 3 fighters would be Rosalina, Kirby and either Zero-Suit Samus or Shulk, and items would be Home-Run Bat, Ore Club and Beam Sword.

X Bomb indeed is fun, and Pokémon balls have always been a nice touch which makes Master Ball even cooler. For some reason, I feel like there's less variation for Pokémon and Master Ball Pokémon in this game, which has made it less exciting for me every time either of the balls appear. Not sure if that's just a gut feeling or if they've really cut down the palette of choices.
Norbi
Top 3 fighters: Zelda, Greninja, Pac-Man (I'd like to add Fox here as well, he was one of my mains since the very first Smash Bros. game. He still is at some point.)
Top 3 items: I'm not really an item player, but... Master Ball, Home-Run Bat and X Bomb.

Smash Run is fun, but probably would be better in multiplayer. Didn't have a chance to play with any of my local friends yet, totally needs online.
NoHitter
Fighters: Ness, Villager, Toon Link
Items: Same, I don't really play with items. On the top of my head though: Masterball, Smartbomb and Hammer
No idea what to comment amount Smash Run yet.
Professor Prinny
Top 3 Fighters: Robin, Ike, Shulk

Top 3 Items: Home-Run Bat, Ore Club and the Master Ball

As for Smash Run, I feel like 5 minutes collecting stuff is too long but overall it's enjoyable seeing your character so buffed up and blitzing across the map.
Lanturn
Top 3 Fighters: Peach / Jiggs / Iggy

Top 3 Items: Turnip, Mechakoopa, Bob-omb.. All I really play is for glory, and you can pick up all of these items through it :D

Smash Run: The events at the end are too short. ;_;
NaomiMinette
_Arzo_
Lanturn
Stream starts in an hour for the 50 facts about the Wii U version.

http://www.twitch.tv/nintendo

Let's hope we get the DLC everyone wants and more info about the leaked board game & stage creator modes.
Professor Prinny
Well that stream was satisfying.
NaomiMinette
Dammit... Aside from Mewtwo, all the other exclusive stuff is really nice, too (particularly Smash Tour...

...Eh, take my money, Nintendo >.>
Lanturn
Money has been taken.

Xander Mobus (Name of the announcer in smash bros and the video) was great.

Loved the Jr. / Koopalings video as well. Hopefully we get a cool Duck Hunt one too :D

Also. I'm glad we got DLC announced.. Opens up a lot more possibilities in the future :)
NaomiMinette
Makes me wonder what treatment the 3DS version will get once the Wii U version comes out, because it's gonna be really hard for me to go back to... well... the 3DS version.

Anyway, here's the video for those who missed the livestream:

Professor Prinny
"Someday... When I'm bigger... I wanna fight that Mario again!" - Bowser Jr. (Super Mario Sunshine)
NaomiMinette
Except he already did (to some extent) in Mario Kart 8 :P (but that's for another thread)

Anyway, I'm definitely gonna get an amiibo now (not just for this game, for the record).
Jindujun93
The one issue that I have though is that apparently you NEED to buy both versions to actually be able to download Mewtwo from what I've read. Mind you that I only read a summary and didn't watch the stream, but I'm trusting the summary for now. Oh dear...
NaomiMinette
SPOILER
There's probably gonna be an option where you don't need to buy both but will have to pay for a DLC pack or something when more characters come out. Just a guess.
La Volpe

Blazevoir wrote:

Makes me wonder what treatment the 3DS version will get once the Wii U version comes out, because it's gonna be really hard for me to go back to... well... the 3DS version.

Anyway, here's the video for those who missed the livestream:

@ 6:59 "Hey it's princess Peach" "Guess she's taking a break from getting kidnapped." Lmfao made my night. Also the 8 players mode is interesting but i'm scared to play it online because of lantency issues.
Professor Prinny

La Volpe wrote:

Also the 8 players mode is interesting but i'm scared to play it online because of lantency issues.
They mentioned 8 Player Smash isn't available for online so you won't need to worry about it.
La Volpe

Professor Prinny wrote:

La Volpe wrote:

Also the 8 players mode is interesting but i'm scared to play it online because of lantency issues.
They mentioned 8 Player Smash isn't available for online so you won't need to worry about it.
Oh, thats good to hear then, sorry for not paying attention then. :p
show more