Super Smash Bros. 4

posted
Total Posts
show more
Trash Boat
dat commercial tho :D
NaomiMinette
Not sure if spoilers, but anyway...
So Ice Climbers isn't part of the final roster, but there's still something for them (at least in the Japanese version): http://nintendoeverything.com/ice-climbers-chant-discovered-through-smash-bros-3ds-glitch/
EDIT: Possible DLC for stages?
Stefan

Lybydose wrote:

Game is unplayable. B needs to be attack and Y needs to be special. Why can't I shield with L?
Have to agree that it plays quite weird compared to the other games but you get used quite fast imo.
Topic Starter
Birdy
So there's no option for changing the controls? What is this, 1995?
NaomiMinette
Not in the demo. As I said, there probably will be in the full game (it'd be incredibly stupid otherwise, especially considering SSBB had an option to change controls).
TakuMii
From what I've seen in screenshots of the 3DS version, you can move everything around except the movement and taunt buttons (although you can disable tapjump). You're stuck with using the circle pad for movement.

Oh, and I came to a realization that the Wii U version will be more flexible with controller schemes than any other console game this generation. Not only do you get remappable buttons, you can choose between: Wii U Gamepad, Wii U Pro controller, Wii Remote, Wii Remote+Nunchuk, Wii Classic Controller, Wii Classic Controller Pro, Gamecube Controller, even 3DS/3DSXL or New3DS/New3DSXL. Pretty crazy if you ask me.
_sparky_

YayMii wrote:

From what I've seen in screenshots of the 3DS version, you can move everything around except the movement and taunt buttons (although you can disable tapjump). You're stuck with using the circle pad for movement.

Oh, and I came to a realization that the Wii U version will be more flexible with controller schemes than any other console game this generation. Not only do you get remappable buttons, you can choose between: Wii U Gamepad, Wii U Pro controller, Wii Remote, Wii Remote+Nunchuk, Wii Classic Controller, Wii Classic Controller Pro, Gamecube Controller, even 3DS/3DSXL or New3DS/New3DSXL. Pretty crazy if you ask me.

Hmmm

I think I'll be playing with Wii remote or GameCube controller...
NaomiMinette
Assuming I DO get the Wii U version (COME ON, SAKURAI), I'm pretty sure I'll be using my GameCube controller, but I also wanna try the Gamepad (the 3DS version already has roughly the same feeling anyway, but I highly doubt I'd use my 3DS AS a controller).
_sparky_

Blazevoir wrote:

Assuming I DO get the Wii U version (COME ON, SAKURAI), I'm pretty sure I'll be using my GameCube controller, but I also wanna try the Gamepad (the 3DS version already has roughly the same feeling anyway, but I highly doubt I'd use my 3DS AS a controller).
i really wonder how the gamepad would be used for this game
NaomiMinette
Umm... I'm pretty sure it'll be like the 3DS version... lol. Plus, it has everything a GameCube controller has + 1 additional button, and Brawl had motion controls (lolwhousedthose), so I bet SSB4 will utilize that as well.

Using the Gamepad to choose stuff via touch (like literally anything, not like the 3DS version where a lot of options were on the top screen) would be pretty convenient, especially if you went off-TV mode.
lemonguy
I would totally buy it right when it comes out, except I don't have a Wii U or a 3DS, and I don't plan on getting either of them. I'll just have to see if my friends buy it so we can all play it :p
Trash Boat

Blazevoir wrote:

and Brawl had motion controls (lolwhousedthose).
I did
Topic Starter
Birdy
You know what would be amazing? NES controllers.
NaomiMinette
_sparky_

Static Noise Bird wrote:

that would be cool...
Ekaru

Static Noise Bird wrote:

That would be the most hilariously simplified control scheme ever in a video game. Hahahaha.

I would love to see them get that to actually be 100% functional.
Trash Boat
brb looking for NES adapters
Azure_Kite

Ekaru wrote:

Static Noise Bird wrote:

That would be the most hilariously simplified control scheme ever in a video game. Hahahaha.

I would love to see them get that to actually be 100% functional.
The control scheme would be horrendous.

Directional pad - Walk/Jump
Doubletap Direction - Run
A - Attack / Pick Up Item
B - Special Attack
Direction + A - Strong Attack
Direction + B - Special Attacks
B + A - Block
Doubletap B + A - Grapple
Direction + B + A - Dodge Roll
Down + B + A with item - Drop
Direction + B + A with item - Throw (Force determined by length of time direction held down before B + A; The lower, more force applied)

Am I missing anything? Apart from everything, that is.
Trash Boat
oh, then I guess it would be SNES controllers, less crazy but more comprensive
Jindujun93
Already managed to get a copy yesterday (presumably because Friday is a holiday over here, meaning that they most likely got it early). I've got to say - very enjoyable so far. Still trying to find a suitable sub for me (the main is always going to be Ness), but it's definitely fun to try out the new characters so far.
Mianki
Smash Bros. 3DS is here!!!
-kevincela-
Yeah! I am playing it since the day after yesterday (apparently gamestop has broken D1, so... :P) and so far I'm really enjoying it. The for glory mode also is a lot of fun :D

Who are you going to use the most? At the moment I am using a lot of Shulk, Lucina, Zero Suit Samus, Dark Pit and Little Mac. I still have to try like half of the roster though :p
Xgor
So need to get it! But also tempted to get it for Wii U.... and get a Wii U to be able to play the Wii U version.
Bara-
I love this game
I have one question though
What is that bar with Little Mac (which says KO after some time)

I love using The Mii Gunner :3
Trash Boat
thats the OHKO bar, fill it up and deliver the Ultimate Punch! and hows called that duo from Duck Hunt?
La Volpe
The controls feels wierd, but i guess i'll just get used to it. I love the game so far.
Jindujun93

La Volpe wrote:

The controls feels wierd, but i guess i'll just get used to it. I love the game so far.
This. Though I'm glad you can at least change the controls around a bit, I'm just too used to blocking with L and jumping with B.
A few things that do annoy me though is that there are only two tracks per stage, and that if the finals of Smash Run are a fight, it's always on time instead of stocks. Other than that it's pretty great, though.
Bara-

Trash Boat wrote:

thats the OHKO bar, fill it up and deliver the Ultimate Punch! and hows called that duo from Duck Hunt?
How do you fill the bar? By hitting others? Getting hit?
Also, how to unleash?

just another question, but I don't qant to spoil
In classic, in what diff does Crazy Hand start to appear?
And when doen Master Core?
Is there something even stronger (a boss, maybe at 9.0)
Jindujun93

baraatje123 wrote:

Trash Boat wrote:

Also, how to unleash?

The bar does fill by hitting the enemy as well as getting hit. From what I can see it does go down to zero if you don't use it once it is full, though. You can use it by simply using neutral B - that's all there is to it.

Crazy Hand definitely appears at 3.0, I'm not sure whether this is the first difficulty you can challenge it on, though. Maybe the condition is just to use coins to increase the intensity? If you want to be safe, just go for 3.0. Haven't played too much on higher difficulties though, so I can't say on which one Master Core will be available, though I've heard it's apparently from 5.1 upwards.
Trash Boat
but whats that duo from Duck Hunt?
La Volpe

baraatje123 wrote:

Trash Boat wrote:

Also, how to unleash?

When I tried classic mode for the 1st time I got both Master Hand and Crazy Hand at once during the final fight. (I think I was playing on 7) :p
OzzyOzrock
The A.I. for some of the characters for this game is insane. Duck Hunt and Ganondorf took me a bit to unlock since they'd keep kicking my ass hahaha. Oh and don't get me started on how fast they react to shield or counter.
Bara-

OzzyOzrock wrote:

The A.I. for some of the characters for this game is insane. Duck Hunt and Ganondorf took me a bit to unlock since they'd keep kicking my ass hahaha. Oh and don't get me started on how fast they react to shield or counter.
Had the same with lucina
Got 150 dealt, and I got 20
Then he/she got so many combo's he/she killed me with 170
Oh, is Lucina a he or a she?
Jindujun93
I don't think you need to put Lucina into spoilers, since she's on the official website, baraatje. But yeah, she's the only one who was somewhat troubling - the other unlockables were pretty easy to beat, actually. Lucina with her counter, though...
Bara-
Oh
Lol
I also had big troubles with 'Ike' in classic mode (final battle)
Charged B complete
Counter
Died at 17% (got bumped up to 70-80 due to that counter)
La Volpe
Any tips on how to deal with Toon Link's spammable boomerangs, bombs and arrows? I had a hard time dealing with one online, I was playing as Lucario.
OzzyOzrock

La Volpe wrote:

Any tips on how to deal with Toon Link's spammable boomerangs, bombs and arrows? I had a hard time dealing with one online, I was playing as Lucario.
That's his bread and butter for a bit, but I can see why it'd annoy a Lucario. Closest bet is getting close, though watch out for down-aerials at that point lolol.
Ekaru
I barged in on rust's room for a few rounds

It was fun

A bit laggy, but fun
Kouya-
I was planning on buying this last Friday until I had a random fever and I haven't gotten it yet .

So, for now I'll stick with the demo which has 5 uses left =~=
NaomiMinette
show more