forum

Super Smash Bros. 4

posted
Total Posts
show more
NaomiMinette
Just a note: if you register both versions of the game on Club Nintendo, you can get a free SSB4 soundtrack.
Chamelo
If I'm not wrong, the offer is only available for the U.S. and Canada, right?
NaomiMinette
Europe and Japan as well.
Jindujun93
Yeah, I can confirm that. Well, I am pretty disappointed there - no way I'm buying the game twice (not counting that I don't have a Wii U to begin with). Ah well, at least it's not a complete soundtrack, only a Premium one. Perhaps I'll be lucky enough that one of my friends will give me their Wii U version code to register.
Oh well. At least it's nice that there is a way to get our hands on the soundtrack in the first place.
NaomiMinette
Gotta love Japanese commercials:

Jindujun93
By the way... this video here apparently already confirmed Ganondorf by accident. Look at the screens around 0:55, the one with Pikachu. If you look closely, you'll see this:

Nintendo screwed up on this one, huh?
Trash Boat
pls it could be Marth
NaomiMinette
For those who aren't aware or haven't gotten the notification yet: Nintendo will be doing a sale in celebration of Super Smash Bros. for 3DS. Select games will be getting a temporary price reduction in the eShop and will switch out each week, so take advantage of this offer while it lasts if you're interested!

Here's a link for all the games involved (prices for the later weeks will be shown when it's their turn): http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2014/09/nintendo_confirms_details_of_its_super_smashing_eshop_sale
Stefan
Looks like this isn't for Europe.

RIP Europe. Once again.
Mianki

Stefan wrote:

RIP Europe. Once again.
You mean the sale? I did see a SSB sale on Wii U eShop some time ago though.
Professor Prinny

Mianki wrote:

Stefan wrote:

RIP Europe. Once again.
You mean the sale? I did see a SSB sale on Wii U eShop some time ago though.
Yeah we did have an SSB eShop sale a while ago for both the 3DS and Wii U.
Crimmi

Trash Boat wrote:

pls it could be Marth
Nope, I could notice that it's Ganondorf in the video.
Lanturn
3DS demo is on the Japanese eShop right now.

5 characters: Mario, Link, Pikachu, Villager, and Mega Man with Battlefield as the only stage.

I hope we get a North America/Europe demo soon :(
_sparky_

Lanturn wrote:

3DS demo is on the Japanese eShop right now.

5 characters: Mario, Link, Pikachu, Villager, and Mega Man with Battlefield as the only stage.

I hope we get a North America/Europe demo soon :(

i wonder when the WiiU version comes out...

i would go to japan just for this demo :/
Lanturn
So for anyone that missed it, all of the characters have now been unlocked on a live stream. Good list of characters. I'm sure many people are disappointed though lol.

The final roster is what was shown on the esrb leak

http://imgur.com/n5XXLYJ,dO44pqt <-- spoiler warning.
Nwolf
no wolf ;_;
bmin11

Nwolf wrote:

no wolf ;_;
Ya Wolf will be missed ㅜㅜ
Friendan
RIDLEYFAGS BTFO
Justykanna
Super happy that Falco and Ganondorf are back. =D
Weez

bmin11 wrote:

Nwolf wrote:

no wolf ;_;
future DLC?
Professor Prinny

Weez wrote:

bmin11 wrote:

future DLC?
Considering there is a Wolf style skin for Fox I highly doubt it.
TakuMii
Just a friendly notice to any Club Nintendo Platinum 2014 members to check your emails. I got sent 4 early access codes to the SSB4 3DS demo (with unlimited plays, unlike the 30-use demo coming on the eShop next week).
Bara-
If someone has a spare EU Demo code, can he/she please give it to me?
Jindujun93
Didn't get one via mail. Thankfully enough though, there's a German site where I got one really quickly. Now onwards to testing SSB4 extensively. It's nice to see that Megaman is in the demo, seeing how I wanted to try him out anyway, as I'm still looking for a sub.
Bara-
What is that site?
Still don't have one ;-;
Lanturn
I was doing a little searching around for a NA code but haven't had any luck yet. Oh well.. Just one more week until I can get the 30 use demo anyways. >_<

I'm hyped for DHD though :3
NaomiMinette
Got codes for the unlimited demo (please don't ask for any; I'm already giving them away to friends). I must say I'm really not used to the default controls (L is grab whereas I'm used to it being just Guard, Y is Jump as opposed to Special, A is Attack as opposed to Jump... GAMECUBE CONTROLLER POSITIONING MINDSET, AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!), and the demo doesn't allow you to change controls... Either way, pretty short but sweet demo.

Naturally, I'm looking forward to the full game, but I'll probably be focusing on Smash Run before I go online.
Bara-
I also got it now :D
Really like it
To bad you can inly play as 5 chars, and on one track only
Totoro le Pacha
Huehue, when mails started to be send, I didn't received one D:

But hopefully, they sent 4 codes, then on Tweetdeck, I added a search column with "smash code". I stalked it during 15 minutes and I finally got one.

I litterally danced of joy ALL ALONG the download. Game is nervous, fluid, and it's localized in french.
I didn't knew if I would buy the 3DS version, but now, I know I must get one ;w;
NaomiMinette
Something you can do while waiting on the full game:

Trash Boat
Help me with that Blazey, because wtf?
Justykanna
Not sure if it was mentioned here, but is there a point to buying the Wii U version as well as the N3DS version?
I 'think' someone else said there might be additional modes on the Wii U version, but is there a source on that info if it's true?

I know if you get both you get a soundtrack, but was there anything else?
Lanturn
Each version will have different modes/stages. The only thing similar really is the Characters, and some other small things.

A source? I think the Smash Bros Direct from half a year ago or something mentions this.
TakuMii
The 3DS version has an extra mode that the Wii U version doesn't have (Smash Run). The 3DS version also features customizable movesets, which can only be used on the Wii U version if transferred.

Aside from that and what Lanturn said, I don't think there are any other significant differences between the two (aside from graphics, of course).
Topic Starter
Birdy
Whelp. I forgot about SSB4.

Guess I'll just get Wii U and SSB4 for both consoles instead of even bothering to plan buying a new computer.
NaomiMinette
I still don't know if getting it for Wii U will be worth it... I mean even if it has some stuff the 3DS version won't have, I'm pretty sure the hype will die down a bit once the Wii U version comes out (unless Sakurai's been holding a lot back on us).
Topic Starter
Birdy
I bought 3DS only for Pokemon Y and it was absolutely worth it. This should be the case with Wii U and SSB4, too, but even better. Besides, Wii U has other games too, like the Mario Level making thing or w/e and of course, MK8.
Lanturn
Well, got to spend a few hours today on the demo. Gotta say the controls take a little bit to get used to, but other then that it's pretty fun!

As for the wii U version. I'm definitely going to get it, and the gamecube controller adapter thing that will be releasing around the same time.

So far I'm loving all the characters but still having trouble enjoying Link....

2 more weeks to go!
-kevincela-

Lanturn wrote:

So far I'm loving all the characters but still having trouble enjoying Link....
As for me Link has just got so much better than Brawl here... I really like his moveset now, whereas I really didn't like the one he had previously :P
If I have had a Wii U I would have bought it there, but since I don't have one I guess that atm I'll just get the 3DS version. I have already preordered it, so :D
NaomiMinette
show more