forum

Super Smash Bros. 4

posted
Total Posts
show more
Professor Prinny
Well well...
I'm guessing Zero Suit Samus has been joining the Wii Fit Trainer at the gym or something lol.
Jindujun93
Still hoping that Ness gets in somehow - has always been my main in the SSB series. Meta Knight could have stayed out, even with a nerf - doubt it'll hit him that hard to begin with.
Other than that, pretty indifferent towards today's picture, I guess. Don't really care about the alternate skins to begin with.
NaomiMinette

Professor Prinny wrote:

Well well...
I'm guessing Zero Suit Samus has been joining the Wii Fit Trainer at the gym or something lol.
Probably has something to do with speedrunning the original Metroid game to get the "best ending".
NotEvenDoomMusic

Jindujun93 wrote:

Meta Knight could have stayed out, even with a nerf - doubt it'll hit him that hard to begin with.
A nerf can make or break a character.
While Meta Knight was broken beyond repair because of the new features implimented in SSBB, he won't be having the same advantage anymore as in the previous title.
Gliding has been taken out in SM4SH so one of his crazy good horizontal recoveries and offensives are gone, while i'm still unsure about his u+b without autogliding he's probably still strong on the edge game, i don't know how many jumps he is be able to do in SM4SH, but i think he's still going to be fairly good in terms of his air game.
His IDC glitch should be fixed by now since that broke MK even more.
Also the strongest special in SSBB, his neutral b should also be either replaced or nerfed down to a scale that it's humanly punishable and/or reduce the utility of it.

I pretty much trust in sakurai and his team in making an average-at-best character.
_sparky_

Professor Prinny wrote:

Well well...
maybe maybe?

i really wonder if the WiiU version is going to be good...
NaomiMinette
We don't even know the Wii U-only modes yet...
Justykanna

Jindujun93 wrote:

Still hoping that Ness gets in somehow - has always been my main in the SSB series. Meta Knight could have stayed out, even with a nerf - doubt it'll hit him that hard to begin with.
I'm with you. I don't even use Ness and I hope he'll be back.
I thought Meta Knight was gonna be gone after all the things I heard about him being banned in Brawl tournaments and whatnot. I'm glad he's back, simply because he's one of my favourite Kirby characters. =)
Trash Boat
anyone has already imagined Sora from Kingdom hearts in here?
Lanturn
I really think Geno or Mallow would come before Sora as they're more iconic to the Mario universe from Square Enix's character list.

New Alt costumes are really looking nice. I hope we get a Dr. Mario one eventually :D

Also Brinstar confirmed as a past stage for anyone who missed it.

Trash Boat
they must really like those suits ;)
Lanturn
Holy crap: http://www.smashbros.com/us/music/

Such a good list of Composers. I definitely want to map something from Smash 4 now <3

I really love the Multi-Man Smash track.
Stefan

Lanturn wrote:

I really think Geno or Mallow would come before Sora as they're more iconic to the Mario universe from Square Enix's character list.

New Alt costumes are really looking nice. I hope we get a Dr. Mario one eventually :D

Also Brinstar confirmed as a past stage for anyone who missed it.

Again? lol not like I hate it but.. it was on Brawl already. :v
Nwolf
Jungle Japes also was a retro stage in SSBB already :>
Crimmi

Lanturn wrote:

Holy crap: http://www.smashbros.com/us/music/

Such a good list of Composers. I definitely want to map something from Smash 4 now <3

I really love the Multi-Man Smash track.
LindaAI-Cue <3 I guess the composers will be different in each version as well.

Edit:

Shulk, Ganondorf and Bowser Jr. could be playable! But I might take that with a grain of salt, especially if Duck Hunt Dog is going to be playable.
Lanturn
Hopefully the 3ds direct happening tomorrow can confirm some of these leaks. If not, then hopefully at the PAX event.

Stole from reddit:

North America - Eastern 07:00 AM
North America - Central 06:00 AM
North America - Mountain 05:00 AM
North America - Pacific 04:00 AM
London, England 12:00 PM (NOON)
Central European Summer Time 01:00 PM (13:00)
Sydney, Australia 09:00 PM (21:00)
Tokyo, Japan 08:00 PM (20:00)

Pretty much sums up what I'm feeling right now:
_sparky_
Bowser jr in smash <3

I really hope these leaks are true
Jindujun93
If this leak is true, I'll be pretty disappointed that they didn't see the opportunity to include Isaac as a playable character. I am happy that it would mean that Ness is playable again, but Isaac not being playable yet again is kind of a bummer for me. Would prefer him over Shulk any day.
Krisom

Jindujun93 wrote:

If this leak is true, I'll be pretty disappointed that they didn't see the opportunity to include Isaac as a playable character. I am happy that it would mean that Ness is playable again, but Isaac not being playable yet again is kind of a bummer for me. Would prefer him over Shulk any day.

This man speaks the truth. No Isaac is a big big let down, hoping for a DLC in the future maybe (since he has not even appeared as an assist trophy...) I CAN HOPE!
Jindujun93
Well, looks like the leaks are true. At least Shulk's confirmed now.
Nwolf
why is Shulk able to be naked tho
Azure_Kite
In the game there was a costume/armour set for the characters that was beachwear.

Pretty normal Japan stuff.
Mianki
YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES

Finals Smash looks cool as fuck.
Lanturn
Nice. I'm pretty convinced with those leaks now because of the 5 stance mechanic.

Also for anyone wanting to watch the japanese direct:

Krisom
I love how every trailer has a name to them, Like Rosalina's is "Comet Observatory", and this one is "Look's like we don't have a chance". Heh
NaomiMinette
Just a note: if you register both versions of the game on Club Nintendo, you can get a free SSB4 soundtrack.
Chamelo
If I'm not wrong, the offer is only available for the U.S. and Canada, right?
NaomiMinette
Europe and Japan as well.
Jindujun93
Yeah, I can confirm that. Well, I am pretty disappointed there - no way I'm buying the game twice (not counting that I don't have a Wii U to begin with). Ah well, at least it's not a complete soundtrack, only a Premium one. Perhaps I'll be lucky enough that one of my friends will give me their Wii U version code to register.
Oh well. At least it's nice that there is a way to get our hands on the soundtrack in the first place.
NaomiMinette
Gotta love Japanese commercials:

Jindujun93
By the way... this video here apparently already confirmed Ganondorf by accident. Look at the screens around 0:55, the one with Pikachu. If you look closely, you'll see this:

Nintendo screwed up on this one, huh?
Trash Boat
pls it could be Marth
NaomiMinette
For those who aren't aware or haven't gotten the notification yet: Nintendo will be doing a sale in celebration of Super Smash Bros. for 3DS. Select games will be getting a temporary price reduction in the eShop and will switch out each week, so take advantage of this offer while it lasts if you're interested!

Here's a link for all the games involved (prices for the later weeks will be shown when it's their turn): http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2014/09/nintendo_confirms_details_of_its_super_smashing_eshop_sale
Stefan
Looks like this isn't for Europe.

RIP Europe. Once again.
Mianki

Stefan wrote:

RIP Europe. Once again.
You mean the sale? I did see a SSB sale on Wii U eShop some time ago though.
Professor Prinny

Mianki wrote:

Stefan wrote:

RIP Europe. Once again.
You mean the sale? I did see a SSB sale on Wii U eShop some time ago though.
Yeah we did have an SSB eShop sale a while ago for both the 3DS and Wii U.
Crimmi

Trash Boat wrote:

pls it could be Marth
Nope, I could notice that it's Ganondorf in the video.
Lanturn
3DS demo is on the Japanese eShop right now.

5 characters: Mario, Link, Pikachu, Villager, and Mega Man with Battlefield as the only stage.

I hope we get a North America/Europe demo soon :(
_sparky_

Lanturn wrote:

3DS demo is on the Japanese eShop right now.

5 characters: Mario, Link, Pikachu, Villager, and Mega Man with Battlefield as the only stage.

I hope we get a North America/Europe demo soon :(

i wonder when the WiiU version comes out...

i would go to japan just for this demo :/
Lanturn
So for anyone that missed it, all of the characters have now been unlocked on a live stream. Good list of characters. I'm sure many people are disappointed though lol.

The final roster is what was shown on the esrb leak

http://imgur.com/n5XXLYJ,dO44pqt <-- spoiler warning.
Nwolf
no wolf ;_;
show more