forum

Super Smash Bros. 4

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
Birdy
What the fuck please tell me they thought today is April Fools'. https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/sta ... 6881369088

Also, the release (3DS) has been delayed to October.

Good, because that's when my birthday is 8-)
Trash Boat
well, both Megaman and Pacman appeared in the PS3 version of SFXT
Topic Starter
Birdy
Well. It was no joke. It's on the official site now.

NaomiMinette
Official trailer:

kirueggy

Blazevoir wrote:

Official trailer:

Pac-man looks like he's on some serious drugs @_@

Meh I know who I'm maining anyways
Topic Starter
Birdy
Dorpsbewoner is probably going to be my main. After all, he bewons dorps and doesn't afraid of anything.
Lanturn
wow.. I fell asleep after watching the smash invitational.. and wake up to Pac-man

Really wtf lol.

I like how Pac-man can choose a special attack from a bunch of different things. :3
NotEvenDoomMusic
So that dude who made the newcommer prediction back in April got all predictions right, only a few characters are missing now.
For no one remembering:
http://gematsu.com/2014/04/rumor-shulk- ... smash-bros

Pokemon from X/Y is Greninja for people who are oblivious on that.
Shulk, Chrom and Chorus Man are the only ones still wide open for confirmation, but like i said in my post months ago, i could imagine Chrom being in the roster.

If the 3 characters mentioned all are included into the roster and if we were to assume that the veterans are comming back (Ness, Jigglypuff and C. Falcon from the original SSB) + Game & Watch (which no one really talked about here.)
We'd hit a total of 40 characters in SM4SH.

It's an even number and exceeds the previous roster cap by 4 additional characters.

And i already admitted defeat to struggle that some "dream" characters that i've always wanted to play as are going to be in SM4SH, but i'm very happy with the roster that the new smash got to offer now.
The modes look so fun to play, especially for a 3DS game it packs a lot of playground.

Static Noise Bird wrote:

Dorpsbewoner is probably going to be my main. After all, he bewons dorps and doesn't afraid of anything.
http://www.smashbros.com/pt/characters/toon_link.html

The new real the anime!
OnosakiHito

Lanturn wrote:

wow.. I fell asleep after watching the smash invitational.. and wake up to Pac-man

Really wtf lol.
_sparky_
my phone died when we got to the finals v.v

i actually want to play as newer characters because most characters i play are pikachu and kirby >w>
Topic Starter
Birdy

NotEvenDoomMusic wrote:

http://www.smashbros.com/pt/characters/toon_link.html

The new real the anime!
Mianki
Gotta love that MEEGAMAAAN

Reggie was also pretty hype hehee

Here's the whole tournament if you wanna watch it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AK8En6dIdAg
NotEvenDoomMusic
Quick update to the ingame mechanic of the game, edgehogging will not be able anymore in SM4SH.
When the people at Nintendo's Treehouse played SM4SH, they demonstrated some gameplay tweaks that is for an example, if you run off the edge, your character does a stumbling animation to increase aesthetics.
On the other example, they also demonstrated that once someone tries to grab the edge while someone else is holding onto it, the one who was holding onto the edge will be pushed off the edge and regain all aerial properties (being able to use all specials etc.)

I assume that this won't happen for the very first few frames of the edgegrab during the invulnerability.
Trash Boat
i still can't believe that i will be able to play as Mii-self

get it?
NaomiMinette
For those who don't want to get the adapter: http://www.gengame.net/2014/06/new-cont ... showfloor/
_sparky_

Blazevoir wrote:

For those who don't want to get the adapter: http://www.gengame.net/2014/06/new-cont ... showfloor/

I want one of those x_x
NaomiMinette
I might get one... Depends on reviews though since they're obviously not gonna be like the official SSB controller.
NotEvenDoomMusic
Holy cow they're glossy.
Glossy to an extend that the controller might get slippery as i sometimes get wet hands from too much tension while playing.
If they're just special models from the actual "consumer product" with less glossyness or if that's optional, i would consider maybe buying it.

I'll wait until they release amongst the actual adapter, i'm probably sticking to the adapter since i still have 4 original GC controllers left and 2 of them are still in mint condition (for the first time ever; it's good to be a hoarder)
_sparky_

NotEvenDoomMusic wrote:

Holy cow they're glossy.
Glossy to an extend that the controller might get slippery as i sometimes get wet hands from too much tension while playing.
If they're just special models from the actual "consumer product" with less glossyness or if that's optional, i would consider maybe buying it.

I'll wait until they release amongst the actual adapter, i'm probably sticking to the adapter since i still have 4 original GC controllers left and 2 of them are still in mint condition (for the first time ever; it's good to be a hoarder)
i have only 2 controllers that work well and yeah they are pretty glossy
XPJ38
They look cool but this comment makes me worry:

You know those horrible GameCube controllers with the gamestop logo on them that you get for super cheap? This company made those, I have no hope for these.
Moriya Suwako
And Nintendo just announced the newest video of SSB4 during E3 three days ago. :)
Look forward to this game. :)
Critical Dude
Is anyone going to even play as Little Mac, even though he's crap in the mid-air?
Trash Boat
(me raises hand)
Critical Dude

Trash Boat wrote:

(me raises hand)
RIP when it comes to aerial combos...
I'm probably going to end up playing as Ness most of the time seeing as he was my favourite character on the N64 version.
Lanturn
With the amount of flat stages that have walk-offs like the Coliseum or Boxing Ring. I'm sure Little Mac is going to Dominate in most of those. :P
Topic Starter
Birdy
Aerial stuff is all me. Won't bother playing with Lil Shit.
Lanturn
Jigglypuff will wreck Lil Mac anyways with her aerial game. I've always preferred the float types like Peach & Jiggly

Oh and for something random. This is the results of what some people thought about which characters will be joining/returning in Smash4. Fun to look at.

http://imgur.com/a/iW7qq
Trash Boat
most of the attacks in the game are physical so..... Counter!
Critical Dude

Static Noise Bird wrote:

Aerial stuff is all me. Won't bother playing with Lil Shit.
XD
However:

Lanturn wrote:

With the amount of flat stages that have walk-offs like the Coliseum or Boxing Ring. I'm sure Little Mac is going to Dominate in most of those. :P
If that's true then RIP you when it comes to those types of stages.
Trash Boat
at the end of Pac-man trailer, Mr G&W appeared. besides telling us its possible comeback, it also says that both have been created in 80. and Mario and DK in 81. does that means something else?
Lanturn
It was probably just to show how old Pac-Man really is.

I do however think this guarantees Mr. Game & Watch to return as he is a really iconic character to Nintendo.
NaomiMinette
Side fact: Mr. G&W even appeared in Rhythm Heaven Fever and Donkey Kong Country Returns.

Back on topic: it'd be really weird if he WASN'T included in the roster after seeing that trailer.
Topic Starter
Birdy

Critical Dude wrote:

Lanturn wrote:

If that's true then RIP you when it comes to those types of stages.
No, not really. Pretty sure they are going to be balanced enough. Besides, it mainly depends on the opponent's skills, obviously.
Critical Dude

Static Noise Bird wrote:

No, not really. Pretty sure they are going to be balanced enough. Besides, it mainly depends on the opponent's skills, obviously.
Ah I forgot about that :P
_sparky_

Blazevoir wrote:

Side fact: Mr. G&W even appeared in Rhythm Heaven Fever and Donkey Kong Country Returns.

Back on topic: it'd be really weird if he WASN'T included in the roster after seeing that trailer.

yeah why would they show him if he isnt in it?
Trash Boat
nuff said, it's official! Mario is 100% American spirit! XD

Lanturn
Taiko no Tatsujin's Don CONFIRMED for SSB4 as Pac-Man's Up taunt, Namco Roulette!

Trash Boat
check the website in 2/3 days. there will be a video announcing a new character. actually the video is there right now but with a countdown
Lanturn
Monday, July 14, at 7:00 AM US Pacific Time (4:00 PM European Central Time)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzwF2kmNF8E (Video will be posted live here)

Many people following the Gematsu leak, and based on the fact that the Xenoblade Developer re-tweeted Nintendo's character announcement is that Shulk might be the new character revealed on Monday's 3 minute video.

Less than 24 hours left.

I wonder how many more new characters are left...
NaomiMinette
SPOILER
Jeez, so many Fire Emblem characters now.

Also, Captain Falcon returns \o/
show more