forum

Super Smash Bros. 4

posted
Total Posts
show more
Im so mad bro

Chamelo_Th wrote:

Trash Boat wrote:

WTF what is this Project M thing? why nobody told me?
Ah, Project M. It's a remake version of Melee by fan club.

And, because it's a fan made, they can combined Melee and Brawl character together. That's mean you still can play the famous Mewtwo or Roy along with the newcomer from Brawl version.

More information.

Im so mad bro wrote:

Fortunately enough, as both seem to be popular in Project M, I'm not too worried about their return :3
Unfortunately, Project M doesn't have any effect on SSB4. Thus, no matter how popular the character in Project M, there's still a chance that they won't appear in SSB4
Sorry to ruin your hope, but this already happened to Mewtwo. ;w;
Yeah, fair enough I guess ^_^. I can dream though! :D
Crimmi

Lanturn wrote:

Why they aren't revealing Ness / Captain Falcon / Ice Climbers -> New F-Zero / Mother/Earthbound / Ice Climber games to be revealed at E3... Heh, I wish ;_;
Like I mentioned before, Sakurai wouldn't cut characters from the original 12, it'll be so odd of him to do so. Plus seeing Ike gives me the possibility that most of the characters in Brawl might come back, with some improvements and tweaks. Hopefully they might add Palutena and Krystal, the first might get added because it's one of Sakurai's games and it adds more females into the game.
Justykanna
Still waiting on Ganondorf, Falco and Lucas. =(
Lanturn
You guys completely misunderstood what I wrote lol. I was hinting at the possibility of them getting revealed at E3 when they announce new F-zero/Mother/Ice Climber games because we haven't had any in ages and then adding in that I wish it was true because it mostly likely isn't. This is the reason why they haven't been announced yet. *sigh* /facepalm

Of course those three wouldn't be cut.

=\
Game Dekade
Hey guys, I'm happy to find some smashers here. Because it seemes like Osu! and SSB is a rare Combination even if both games have a great community.
I don't know about you but I'm pritty hyped and I allmost can't wait until the reales at winter. But luckily there is one of Nintendo's greatest promo ideas ever on Thuesday 10.06 ''The Smash invitational''. If you don't know what Smash Invitational is yet than watch this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghEhI4CJjAM and read this http://smashboards.com/threads/nintendo ... te.353892/. I didn't read all the replys so if this is a repost than I'm sorry. But i want to add something: To contain my hype I wanted to build a small group of smashers in which everyone has his main SSB character as Profilpic kind of like many high-rank-players do topic-related. I though this could be funny and bring together people with the same interest and TO GET ON THE HYPETRAN https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ei3-Qo9 ... 8E9lZJyapA
Sorry I don't really know how to write in Formus, I'm kind of dumb 8-) but pls tell me what you think about my idea :D
NaomiMinette
The 3DS version comes out this summer. The Wii U version comes out this winter.
_sparky_

Blazevoir wrote:

The 3DS version comes out this summer. The Wii U version comes out this winter.
thats honestly unfair right there

my brother gets it before me v.v
NaomiMinette
It's because they're not done with the Wii U-specific mode or something.
NotEvenDoomMusic
Small update for the people who enjoy playing with the GC controller

Nintendo of America wrote:

Get excited! The #WiiU version of #SmashBros. will be playable with GameCube controllers. pic.twitter.com/nmyj9QMsuU

IMO the greatest thing they've announced so far.
I'm generally extremely hyped right now for SSB4, ever than before because being able to use the GC controller was one of the most important buying criterias for me.
This also almost secures the buy for an Wii U in the next few months since i'll be missing out a few good titles that have been out yet, like Mario Kart 8, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (so i'd be able to play online before MH4U comes out), eventually TLoZ:WWHD and the highly lauded Super Mario 3D World.

I think in general it's a good time to finally catch up on the Wii U because the system lacked of any good launching titles until this year where big names are announced and released.
Oh sweet Nintendo, what will be the next TLoZ be like~ even though i wish for a new F-Zero game ;_;
Also, i know i'm relatively Off-Topic right now but are there any games that one would recommend getting for the Wii U?
I've heard that The Wonderful 101 is a good title aswell amongst the classic line-up, but anything else that might deserve more attention?
Topic Starter
Birdy
HELL YISS.

Gotta steal a GC controller again from my mom's workplace.
Justykanna

NotEvenDoomMusic wrote:

Get excited! The #WiiU version of #SmashBros. will be playable with GameCube controllers. pic.twitter.com/nmyj9QMsuU

I'm generally extremely hyped right now for SSB4, ever than before because being able to use the GC controller was one of the most important buying criterias for me.
Hell yeah, super excite =D
Trash Boat
they did a Gamecube adapter just for that or it was already made?
TakuMii
I'm probably going to pick this game up on 3DS, but I swear that I'll buy a Wii U if that GameCube controller adapter works with other games too.
Although I only ever use my GameCube controllers for Project M anyways...

Chamelo_Th wrote:

Ah, Project M. It's a remake version of Melee by fan club.
It's not really a remake of Melee. Sure, it started of as such, but as of recently, they've simply been working at making it a really good Smash Bros game in itself rather than just an enhanced copy of Melee. Project M is already more balanced than both Melee and Brawl competitive-wise, and I personally find it more fun than Melee with all of the quirks they've put into the mod.
_sparky_

NotEvenDoomMusic wrote:

This also almost secures the buy for an Wii U in the next few months since i'll be missing out a few good titles that have been out yet, like Mario Kart 8, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (so i'd be able to play online before MH4U comes out), eventually TLoZ:WWHD and the highly lauded Super Mario 3D World.

I think in general it's a good time to finally catch up on the Wii U because the system lacked of any good launching titles until this year where big names are announced and released.
Oh sweet Nintendo, what will be the next TLoZ be like~ even though i wish for a new F-Zero game ;_;
Also, i know i'm relatively Off-Topic right now but are there any games that one would recommend getting for the Wii U?
I've heard that The Wonderful 101 is a good title aswell amongst the classic line-up, but anything else that might deserve more attention?

my thoughts:

this is really nice because i already own 2 gamecube controllers but ill stick to a wii remote because it will be hard for me to relearn how to fight with gamecube remotes

I also have a WiiU but we dont have that much games for it
Trash Boat
Nintendo will do a LiveStream of the invitational both on E3 Twitch channel and on Nintendo Twitch channel
http://e3.nintendo.com/#2014/tournament
kcaze

Trash Boat wrote:

they did a Gamecube adapter just for that or it was already made?
Nintendo's been paying attention to the hardcore competitive melee community recently, and pretty much all competitive Smash players use a Gamecube controller. In fact, before Nintendo announced their official Gamecube adapter, there was an unofficial one.

Also, hype for that limited edition GC controller with the Smash logo :)
_sparky_
i pefer a wii remote over the GC controller

even though i used the GC controller for years i got used to the wii remote
NaomiMinette
Being able to play as your Mii + Palutena... WELP, THERE GOES MY MONEY.
_sparky_
NotEvenDoomMusic
I have the feeling that after the Smash Invitational, another (set of) characters are going to be released.
Hopefully, because right now they're riding me to heaven and i can slowly feel my money loosening from my pockets.
Bestelle
Palutena announcement was meh as fuck, I can't seem to care about that. Here's to hoping for something better I guess. Hopefully the pro players can make this look good.
NotEvenDoomMusic
I totally forgot that Hungrybox is at that invitational tournament, i was laughing so hard when he had the "clutch" moment against the Wii Fit Trainer.
Other people would say it's clutch but all his movements were according to his yomi so it's all acting when he covered mouth with his hands in awe to let it look like "luck" and "totally not intentional" just to make his other competitors feel more like they're "good" at this game.

So i would say it's nice of him doing that, giving other player the joy on the game without pubstomping his competition with his vast knowledge of Smash Bros.

Also that scarf dude looks like Hotshot GG, he did quite well with ZSS that he won the tournament with it.

EDIT: REGGIE SMACKTALKS HUNGYBOX, HE'LL KICK HIS ASS IN THE NEXT(?) TOURNAMENT
SHOTS = FIRED
Bestelle
Hungrybox being awesome as always, loved his first entrance.
NotEvenDoomMusic
Also, what i figured out is that Luma is a punchable companion and i think it decreases the chance of the Ice Climbers comming back...
It makes Rosalina & Luma replacing the unique thing that is the Ice Climbers, also the Finals were really hype but i knew that a Sudden Death would make all odds go for the worse for Kirby.
Kirby has nothing he can fight off the strong zoning game by ZSS and spoken of mobility, ZSS had the clear upper hand, so that was actually quite a bummer.

Anyways, it was a really great tournament.
All matches were really nice to watch and i hope Nintendo finally see the opportunity to get more people catching up to this, maybe even supporting the next EVO by surprise with SM4SH.
Topic Starter
Birdy
I like that Reggie and Scarfboy were confirmed as playable characters.
Justykanna
Anyone know how many characters are gonna be in the game? I counted 32 now.
I want Falco, Ganondorf and Lucas... -_-
_sparky_

RL Link wrote:

Palutena announcement was meh as fuck, I can't seem to care about that. Here's to hoping for something better I guess. Hopefully the pro players can make this look good.
I was watching the trailer for her and I'm like: is this some kind of anime?
Topic Starter
Birdy
Palutena was meh as fuck, but being able to play as Mii should be a real thing even less. Why has enabling Miis as characters in the bigger Nintendo titles been a minor fad lately?
Topic Starter
Birdy
What the fuck please tell me they thought today is April Fools'. https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/sta ... 6881369088

Also, the release (3DS) has been delayed to October.

Good, because that's when my birthday is 8-)
Trash Boat
well, both Megaman and Pacman appeared in the PS3 version of SFXT
Topic Starter
Birdy
Well. It was no joke. It's on the official site now.

NaomiMinette
Official trailer:

kirueggy

Blazevoir wrote:

Official trailer:

Pac-man looks like he's on some serious drugs @_@

Meh I know who I'm maining anyways
Topic Starter
Birdy
Dorpsbewoner is probably going to be my main. After all, he bewons dorps and doesn't afraid of anything.
Lanturn
wow.. I fell asleep after watching the smash invitational.. and wake up to Pac-man

Really wtf lol.

I like how Pac-man can choose a special attack from a bunch of different things. :3
NotEvenDoomMusic
So that dude who made the newcommer prediction back in April got all predictions right, only a few characters are missing now.
For no one remembering:
http://gematsu.com/2014/04/rumor-shulk- ... smash-bros

Pokemon from X/Y is Greninja for people who are oblivious on that.
Shulk, Chrom and Chorus Man are the only ones still wide open for confirmation, but like i said in my post months ago, i could imagine Chrom being in the roster.

If the 3 characters mentioned all are included into the roster and if we were to assume that the veterans are comming back (Ness, Jigglypuff and C. Falcon from the original SSB) + Game & Watch (which no one really talked about here.)
We'd hit a total of 40 characters in SM4SH.

It's an even number and exceeds the previous roster cap by 4 additional characters.

And i already admitted defeat to struggle that some "dream" characters that i've always wanted to play as are going to be in SM4SH, but i'm very happy with the roster that the new smash got to offer now.
The modes look so fun to play, especially for a 3DS game it packs a lot of playground.

Static Noise Bird wrote:

Dorpsbewoner is probably going to be my main. After all, he bewons dorps and doesn't afraid of anything.
http://www.smashbros.com/pt/characters/toon_link.html

The new real the anime!
OnosakiHito

Lanturn wrote:

wow.. I fell asleep after watching the smash invitational.. and wake up to Pac-man

Really wtf lol.
_sparky_
my phone died when we got to the finals v.v

i actually want to play as newer characters because most characters i play are pikachu and kirby >w>
Topic Starter
Birdy

NotEvenDoomMusic wrote:

http://www.smashbros.com/pt/characters/toon_link.html

The new real the anime!
Mianki
Gotta love that MEEGAMAAAN

Reggie was also pretty hype hehee

Here's the whole tournament if you wanna watch it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AK8En6dIdAg
show more