forum

Super Smash Bros. 4

posted
Total Posts
show more
Chamelo
News, Dillon as an Assist trophy.
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYM ... UqF6psy0BQ

I EXPECTED HIM TO BE A FIGHTER, NOT AN ASSIST TROPHY!!!
;w;
Trash Boat
looks like the Dragoon is back too(if you cant see its crossfire aiming to DK the image has changed then)

_sparky_

Trash Boat wrote:

looks like the Dragoon is back too(if you cant see its crossfire aiming to DK the image has changed then)

thank god its- wait..

i always have bad aim when i use it :'c
NaomiMinette
I have okay aim with it. It's nice seeing it back, though.
Trash Boat
well, looks like i'll have to do this quickly so here is it
welcome, ladies and gentlemen to.....

VoidnOwO
:oops:
NotEvenDoomMusic

BRBP wrote:

4p FFA items on with online latency?
+1

Literally have nothing more to say than that.
SSBB is extremely fun locally but horrible if you play across the globe online.

Trash Boat wrote:

the tournament will take place in May 18th at 5/6 PM UTC -3. Anything here may be subject to changes. the mods may use their common sense to correct any errata here, if any.
Deadline is not even more than 24 hours apart from when it was created, that's another horrible thing going if you actually host a "minor tournament".
Wanna increase the chance of more people joining your tournament?
Expand the deadline reasonably.
VoidnOwO
:)
Topic Starter
Birdy
Lelelell.

Gotta love the daily changing image.

_sparky_
thats today..... ill be too busy to come

and also.... isnt super smash bros 4 for wiiu/3ds?

poor wii folks xD

i have a wiiu though
Topic Starter
Birdy
Making games for Wii is as if people still made games for PS3.

"Not next-gen" - IGN, 2014
NotEvenDoomMusic

Static Noise Bird wrote:

Making games for Wii is as if people still made games for PS3.

"Not next-gen" - IGN, 2014
But berbbabberb.
They still make games for PS3 and XB360.
Though not really standalone ones since they all get released with the PS4 and XBO versions simultaneously but yeah.
(But there are a few exceptions in terms of the japanese gaming library that they've released games for PS3 and XB360 only, even after the release of the next gen consoles)

Nintendo is going to hold an E3 discussion entirely dedicated to SSB4 for an hour and a half.
So with that said it would be the final kick to uncover the full roster and a little more infos in terms of what's new and what's not.

I might even assume here that Nintendo will be doing one last, big reveal or something a week prior the release date.
But that's just as open for discussion as the topic of C. Falcons and other veterans comeback.
Trash Boat
Trash Boat
sorry for double-post but Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiikkkeeeeee!!!!!!

http://prntscr.com/3m9iil

the semi-perfect balance of attack and speed is back
Im so mad bro
Thank god Ike is back! I won't rest still until Ness and Lucas are confirmed too... brings back memories, funnily enough, me and my twin bro who are fraternal played Lucas and Ness (I was the Lucas player). Fortunately enough, as both seem to be popular in Project M, I'm not too worried about their return :3
Trash Boat
WTF what is this Project M thing? why nobody told me?
Lanturn
Why they aren't revealing Ness / Captain Falcon / Ice Climbers -> New F-Zero / Mother/Earthbound / Ice Climber games to be revealed at E3... Heh, I wish ;_;

On topic. It's cool to see Ike back. I never really played as him, but this really gets me thinking the roster will have more returnees than ever before. I'm glad they went to the effort to show how different he is from Marth though. Still hope we get the Player Character or Lucina now with a different moveset.

Currently playing through Path of Radiance so this is a nice reveal :P
Chamelo

Trash Boat wrote:

Ah, Project M. It's a remake version of Melee by fan club.

And, because it's a fan made, they can combined Melee and Brawl character together. That's mean you still can play the famous Mewtwo or Roy along with the newcomer from Brawl version.

More information.

Im so mad bro wrote:

Fortunately enough, as both seem to be popular in Project M, I'm not too worried about their return :3
Unfortunately, Project M doesn't have any effect on SSB4. Thus, no matter how popular the character in Project M, there's still a chance that they won't appear in SSB4
Sorry to ruin your hope, but this already happened to Mewtwo. ;w;
Topic Starter
Birdy

Lanturn wrote:

Why they aren't revealing Ness / Captain Falcon / Ice Climbers -> New F-Zero / Mother/Earthbound / Ice Climber games to be revealed at E3... Heh, I wish ;_;
lol, you do realize they wouldn't replace Captain Falcon

or remove him
VoidnOwO

Trash Boat wrote:

Because it's not for casuals. You're the textbook example of a casual player.
Im so mad bro

Chamelo_Th wrote:

Trash Boat wrote:

And, because it's a fan made, they can combined Melee and Brawl character together. That's mean you still can play the famous Mewtwo or Roy along with the newcomer from Brawl version.

More information.

Im so mad bro wrote:

Fortunately enough, as both seem to be popular in Project M, I'm not too worried about their return :3
Unfortunately, Project M doesn't have any effect on SSB4. Thus, no matter how popular the character in Project M, there's still a chance that they won't appear in SSB4
Sorry to ruin your hope, but this already happened to Mewtwo. ;w;
Yeah, fair enough I guess ^_^. I can dream though! :D
Crimmi

Lanturn wrote:

Like I mentioned before, Sakurai wouldn't cut characters from the original 12, it'll be so odd of him to do so. Plus seeing Ike gives me the possibility that most of the characters in Brawl might come back, with some improvements and tweaks. Hopefully they might add Palutena and Krystal, the first might get added because it's one of Sakurai's games and it adds more females into the game.
Justykanna
Still waiting on Ganondorf, Falco and Lucas. =(
Lanturn
You guys completely misunderstood what I wrote lol. I was hinting at the possibility of them getting revealed at E3 when they announce new F-zero/Mother/Ice Climber games because we haven't had any in ages and then adding in that I wish it was true because it mostly likely isn't. This is the reason why they haven't been announced yet. *sigh* /facepalm

Of course those three wouldn't be cut.

=\
Game Dekade
Hey guys, I'm happy to find some smashers here. Because it seemes like Osu! and SSB is a rare Combination even if both games have a great community.
I don't know about you but I'm pritty hyped and I allmost can't wait until the reales at winter. But luckily there is one of Nintendo's greatest promo ideas ever on Thuesday 10.06 ''The Smash invitational''. If you don't know what Smash Invitational is yet than watch this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghEhI4CJjAM and read this http://smashboards.com/threads/nintendo ... te.353892/. I didn't read all the replys so if this is a repost than I'm sorry. But i want to add something: To contain my hype I wanted to build a small group of smashers in which everyone has his main SSB character as Profilpic kind of like many high-rank-players do topic-related. I though this could be funny and bring together people with the same interest and TO GET ON THE HYPETRAN https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ei3-Qo9 ... 8E9lZJyapA
Sorry I don't really know how to write in Formus, I'm kind of dumb 8-) but pls tell me what you think about my idea :D
NaomiMinette
The 3DS version comes out this summer. The Wii U version comes out this winter.
_sparky_

Blazevoir wrote:

The 3DS version comes out this summer. The Wii U version comes out this winter.
thats honestly unfair right there

my brother gets it before me v.v
NaomiMinette
It's because they're not done with the Wii U-specific mode or something.
NotEvenDoomMusic
Small update for the people who enjoy playing with the GC controller

Nintendo of America wrote:

Get excited! The #WiiU version of #SmashBros. will be playable with GameCube controllers. pic.twitter.com/nmyj9QMsuU

IMO the greatest thing they've announced so far.
I'm generally extremely hyped right now for SSB4, ever than before because being able to use the GC controller was one of the most important buying criterias for me.
This also almost secures the buy for an Wii U in the next few months since i'll be missing out a few good titles that have been out yet, like Mario Kart 8, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (so i'd be able to play online before MH4U comes out), eventually TLoZ:WWHD and the highly lauded Super Mario 3D World.

I think in general it's a good time to finally catch up on the Wii U because the system lacked of any good launching titles until this year where big names are announced and released.
Oh sweet Nintendo, what will be the next TLoZ be like~ even though i wish for a new F-Zero game ;_;
Also, i know i'm relatively Off-Topic right now but are there any games that one would recommend getting for the Wii U?
I've heard that The Wonderful 101 is a good title aswell amongst the classic line-up, but anything else that might deserve more attention?
Topic Starter
Birdy
HELL YISS.

Gotta steal a GC controller again from my mom's workplace.
Justykanna

NotEvenDoomMusic wrote:

Get excited! The #WiiU version of #SmashBros. will be playable with GameCube controllers. pic.twitter.com/nmyj9QMsuU

I'm generally extremely hyped right now for SSB4, ever than before because being able to use the GC controller was one of the most important buying criterias for me.
Hell yeah, super excite =D
Trash Boat
they did a Gamecube adapter just for that or it was already made?
TakuMii
I'm probably going to pick this game up on 3DS, but I swear that I'll buy a Wii U if that GameCube controller adapter works with other games too.
Although I only ever use my GameCube controllers for Project M anyways...

Chamelo_Th wrote:

It's not really a remake of Melee. Sure, it started of as such, but as of recently, they've simply been working at making it a really good Smash Bros game in itself rather than just an enhanced copy of Melee. Project M is already more balanced than both Melee and Brawl competitive-wise, and I personally find it more fun than Melee with all of the quirks they've put into the mod.
_sparky_

NotEvenDoomMusic wrote:

This also almost secures the buy for an Wii U in the next few months since i'll be missing out a few good titles that have been out yet, like Mario Kart 8, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (so i'd be able to play online before MH4U comes out), eventually TLoZ:WWHD and the highly lauded Super Mario 3D World.

I think in general it's a good time to finally catch up on the Wii U because the system lacked of any good launching titles until this year where big names are announced and released.
Oh sweet Nintendo, what will be the next TLoZ be like~ even though i wish for a new F-Zero game ;_;
Also, i know i'm relatively Off-Topic right now but are there any games that one would recommend getting for the Wii U?
I've heard that The Wonderful 101 is a good title aswell amongst the classic line-up, but anything else that might deserve more attention?

my thoughts:

this is really nice because i already own 2 gamecube controllers but ill stick to a wii remote because it will be hard for me to relearn how to fight with gamecube remotes

I also have a WiiU but we dont have that much games for it
Trash Boat
Nintendo will do a LiveStream of the invitational both on E3 Twitch channel and on Nintendo Twitch channel
http://e3.nintendo.com/#2014/tournament
kcaze

Trash Boat wrote:

they did a Gamecube adapter just for that or it was already made?
Nintendo's been paying attention to the hardcore competitive melee community recently, and pretty much all competitive Smash players use a Gamecube controller. In fact, before Nintendo announced their official Gamecube adapter, there was an unofficial one.

Also, hype for that limited edition GC controller with the Smash logo :)
_sparky_
i pefer a wii remote over the GC controller

even though i used the GC controller for years i got used to the wii remote
NaomiMinette
Being able to play as your Mii + Palutena... WELP, THERE GOES MY MONEY.
_sparky_
NotEvenDoomMusic
I have the feeling that after the Smash Invitational, another (set of) characters are going to be released.
Hopefully, because right now they're riding me to heaven and i can slowly feel my money loosening from my pockets.
show more