forum

Super Smash Bros. 4

posted
Total Posts
show more
Trash Boat
i wonder how is going to work the Global Smash Power...
Crimmi
Following the game so far I had love and hate some of the things in it, like not seeing Mewtwo :(

But for those who think that Captain Falcon might not return, remember, the Samurai Goroh assist trophy made a comeback in this game during the Smash Bros. Direct so that might be a hint that the cap might come back. As far as I am concerned, the "Perfect Attendance Crew" will be there unless Sakurai has a reason to break that up, so Capt. Falcon, Ness & Jigglypuff might retain their roles as hidden characters like always.

Sakurai did mention somewhere that there will not be any transformations, hence why Zero Suit Samus, Sheik and Charizard are separate characters (Charizard being the most chosen of the 3). From what I saw of Little Mac's special ability, I think he gains his meter by landing hits, so best bet is to K.O. him before he K.O.'s you, most preferably getting him in the air.

As for a sort of story mode, maybe they might do something similar to Melee's Adventure mode.
Trash Boat
i'm surprised that nobody noticed this. what happened to the Star K.O. and Screen K.O.? because when the characters are knocked away upwards, they blast off.

and if anyone wants online Brawl before the shutdown, post your FC or PM me. by popular decision, the matches will be at Final Destination with no items(unless most of you decide the opposite)
Topic Starter
Birdy
Fox only.
NaomiMinette
Lugia and Latias confirmed as Poké/Master Ball Pokémon (but not Latios... what?).

Makes me wonder how rare the Master Ball will be now.
NotEvenDoomMusic

bumping, since no real news are arising for SSB4 and such,
but it's still good to think about maybe future additions to the roster.

and somehow, i really do see someone like Chrom from Fire Emblem Awakening making an appearance in SSB4, basically because the FE roster since SSBM always occupied Marth and someone else from the franchise.

Though, still no news about veteran fighters like Ness, Jigglypuff or C. Falcon in making an return.
Topic Starter
Birdy
I'm all serious about not getting a Wii U if Jigglypuff doesn't make it back.
NotEvenDoomMusic

Static Noise Bird wrote:

I'm all serious about not getting a Wii U if C. Falcon doesn't make it back.
But we'd be able to play the game beforehanded on the 3DS anyways.
So ye, with all the characters that the Wii U port has, too-
Topic Starter
Birdy
I'm probably getting it on 3DS either way.

But getting a Wii U for the game wouldn't be worth it.
Trash Boat
NEEEEEDM, here's your Falcon

Justykanna
Super sad to see no Falco, Lucas and Ganon (well... yet anyway)... D=
NaomiMinette
That's weird... I could've sworn Ganondorf was officially announced to be back...
Lemozade

Justykanna wrote:

Super sad to see no Falco, Lucas and Ganon (well... yet anyway)... D=
Falco especially :(
Justykanna

Blazevoir wrote:

That's weird... I could've sworn Ganondorf was officially announced to be back...
What? Where? When? =O
They better not have got rid of him because he was so low on the tier list... That list is a bunch of crap imo.

Lemozade wrote:

Falco especially
He's my best one-on-one character...

Lucas is my best multi-player character and Ganandorf is one of my better characters if I'm not fighting three speedy characters.

Getting rid of a handful of my characters makes me sad. =( Between Melee and Brawl, I missed having Roy, Mewtwo and Pichu so maybe this time around won't be so bad.
'Least I have Toon Link, Luigi, Diddy Kong and Kirby...
Lemozade
Without falco you still technically have fox and wolf, they are very similar even though they have slightly different attack styles, I just loved how falco was like an awesome falcon lol.
Justykanna

Lemozade wrote:

Without falco you still technically have fox and wolf, they are very similar even though they have slightly different attack styles, I just loved how falco was like an awesome falcon lol.
I never liked Fox for some reason or another. I know they're 'similar', but that means zero to me, really.
Ex: Pikachu's my least favourite character to use in Melee, Pichu's near the top for me. Brawl, I didn't care for Link but Toon Link was one of my favourites.
(I have more comparables, but it'd take a while to list em all... you get the idea)

Wolf hasn't even been announced to be back, yeah?
Lemozade

Justykanna wrote:

Wolf hasn't even been announced to be back, yeah?

He hasn't but I know he will come back he's one of those characters that will stick with it. I'm kind of disappointed they're bringing freaking villager and wii fit trainer into it, it gives it a twist but there's so many other good characters they could bring into the series instead.
Justykanna

Lemozade wrote:

He hasn't but I know he will come back he's one of those characters that will stick with it. I'm kind of disappointed they're bringing freaking villager and wii fit trainer into it, it gives it a twist but there's so many other good characters they could bring into the series instead.
I wouldn't bring him back over Falco. =S But maybe I'm just biased because he (Falco) is my favourite character.
I agree, Village and Wii Fit Trainer gives the game a twist - and I'm one of those people that don't think Smash needed that. We'll see what I think of them when the game's out.
Lemozade
Not owning a wii-U right now though I will probably be playing it at someoneelse's house though XD Oh well I'm not about to go out and buy a wii-U just for this one game.
NaomiMinette
Well... considering the 3DS version will be released this summer before the Wii U version's winter release, you shouldn't need to.
Lemozade
Considering I don't own a 3DS either... lol.
NaomiMinette
HIGHLY relevant to this thread:

Too bad I can't go...
Chamelo
I still want Wii U anyway, since the graphic are wayyyy better. (Plus, Mario Kart 8, Super Mario 3D World, and so on...)
Chamelo
News, Dillon as an Assist trophy.
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYM ... UqF6psy0BQ

I EXPECTED HIM TO BE A FIGHTER, NOT AN ASSIST TROPHY!!!
;w;
Trash Boat
looks like the Dragoon is back too(if you cant see its crossfire aiming to DK the image has changed then)

_sparky_

Trash Boat wrote:

looks like the Dragoon is back too(if you cant see its crossfire aiming to DK the image has changed then)

thank god its- wait..

i always have bad aim when i use it :'c
NaomiMinette
I have okay aim with it. It's nice seeing it back, though.
Trash Boat
well, looks like i'll have to do this quickly so here is it
welcome, ladies and gentlemen to.....

VoidnOwO
:oops:
NotEvenDoomMusic

BRBP wrote:

4p FFA items on with online latency?
+1

Literally have nothing more to say than that.
SSBB is extremely fun locally but horrible if you play across the globe online.

Trash Boat wrote:

the tournament will take place in May 18th at 5/6 PM UTC -3. Anything here may be subject to changes. the mods may use their common sense to correct any errata here, if any.
Deadline is not even more than 24 hours apart from when it was created, that's another horrible thing going if you actually host a "minor tournament".
Wanna increase the chance of more people joining your tournament?
Expand the deadline reasonably.
VoidnOwO
:)
Topic Starter
Birdy
Lelelell.

Gotta love the daily changing image.

_sparky_
thats today..... ill be too busy to come

and also.... isnt super smash bros 4 for wiiu/3ds?

poor wii folks xD

i have a wiiu though
Topic Starter
Birdy
Making games for Wii is as if people still made games for PS3.

"Not next-gen" - IGN, 2014
NotEvenDoomMusic

Static Noise Bird wrote:

Making games for Wii is as if people still made games for PS3.

"Not next-gen" - IGN, 2014
But berbbabberb.
They still make games for PS3 and XB360.
Though not really standalone ones since they all get released with the PS4 and XBO versions simultaneously but yeah.
(But there are a few exceptions in terms of the japanese gaming library that they've released games for PS3 and XB360 only, even after the release of the next gen consoles)

Nintendo is going to hold an E3 discussion entirely dedicated to SSB4 for an hour and a half.
So with that said it would be the final kick to uncover the full roster and a little more infos in terms of what's new and what's not.

I might even assume here that Nintendo will be doing one last, big reveal or something a week prior the release date.
But that's just as open for discussion as the topic of C. Falcons and other veterans comeback.
Trash Boat
Trash Boat
sorry for double-post but Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiikkkeeeeee!!!!!!

http://prntscr.com/3m9iil

the semi-perfect balance of attack and speed is back
Im so mad bro
Thank god Ike is back! I won't rest still until Ness and Lucas are confirmed too... brings back memories, funnily enough, me and my twin bro who are fraternal played Lucas and Ness (I was the Lucas player). Fortunately enough, as both seem to be popular in Project M, I'm not too worried about their return :3
Trash Boat
WTF what is this Project M thing? why nobody told me?
Lanturn
Why they aren't revealing Ness / Captain Falcon / Ice Climbers -> New F-Zero / Mother/Earthbound / Ice Climber games to be revealed at E3... Heh, I wish ;_;

On topic. It's cool to see Ike back. I never really played as him, but this really gets me thinking the roster will have more returnees than ever before. I'm glad they went to the effort to show how different he is from Marth though. Still hope we get the Player Character or Lucina now with a different moveset.

Currently playing through Path of Radiance so this is a nice reveal :P
show more