How should it work?

Like right now
22.54%
2 combo per LN
77.46%
Total votes: 71
show more
Xcrypt
I'm not so much bother by the combo (simply because it doesn't matter in terms of score), though what you propose would definitely be better.
What I DO find terribly annoying though, is that holds currently are like a free life bar boost. It shouldn't be that way, only refill a little life on press and release. This LN 'life bar hack' is why clears on maps with lots of LNs are currently pretty pointless imo.
Drace
Well the fact that songs with LNs don't have a set max combo makes the game feel extremely unclean. "Full combo" should be equals to max combo, yet everyone that full combos a song gots a different max combo lol
Envisionise
This has been bothering me for a while, 2 combo per LN sounds good
andromeda2020
I voted like right now thinking it should be implemented with 7keys.. I should have had voted the other one just like o2. :o
Taadashi
Tbh it doesn't really matter. Though I am more positive towards 2 combo point LNs. :P
PyaKura
Voted for the second option.
ArcherLove
Less Combo, much HP please !! XD
[FX] AEM
the second option will confuse the player for sure. reason is it will count only 1 note instead of 2 notes (2 combo) and we need to change all of ranked maps to calculate scores/combos again.
Xcrypt

[FX] AEM wrote:

the second option will confuse the player for sure. reason is it will count only 1 note instead of 2 notes (2 combo) and we need to change all of ranked maps to calculate scores/combos again.
Much confuse. What you are trying to say?
Taadashi

Xcrypt wrote:

[FX] AEM wrote:

Much confuse. What you are trying to say?
I think the main point was that he thinks the scoring system will have to be changed if ln:s award less combo.
PyaKura
Except that combo doesn't affect the score in any way.
Hanyuu
Option 2
ILoveChaoFan
The score calculation should be changed if 2 combo per LN is implemented right? :)
Xcrypt
-delete-
PyaKura
I'm just going to repeat myself. Combo does not affect the score in any way.
Drace
If memory serves (correct me if I'm wrong). It works with a multiplier that increases for every 300s and increases even more with maxes. But decreases on for every 200s and decreases even more on 100s. Then finally resets on every 50s and misses.

It's something along those lines. The point being that the actual combo number has no role in the score, but the ability to hold a combo is necessary for a good score. It should also be noted that currently, 1 LN is worth 1 normal note in score.
PyaKura
Yes, the exact formula can be found here. Not sure whether it is up-to-date or not though, I think it is.
Hanyuu
Bonus points suck. A flat scoring system would be way more accurate.
This also means excluding perfect 300 from normal 300 to give a better result.
PyaKura

Hanyuu wrote:

Agreed. But that's not going to happen lel.

300s should be differenciated from MAXes accuracy-wise. But that's off-topic.
Hanyuu
Its not going to happen because people seem to be fine with bad things or try to get around it, and to stay on topic - this will most likely not happen aswell then, the change of Hold combos.
Xcrypt
Ah ok that's good to know
Taadashi

Hanyuu wrote:

Although the 300 maxes is necessary to make a difference between 100% scores in the ranking charts. But I do agree that there shouldn't be any bonus point system and that a flat scoring system would be more accurate indeed.
Ceph23
Though it really doesn't affect the overall score, I do think that it should be only 2 hits.
Kamikaze
I don't mind it the way it is right now but

Xcrypt wrote:

What I DO find terribly annoying though, is that holds currently are like a free life bar boost. It shouldn't be that way, only refill a little life on press and release. This LN 'life bar hack' is why clears on maps with lots of LNs are currently pretty pointless imo.
^this
xxbidiao
Actually i think what the staff don't want to do is to wipe out every score because their combo would be not possible to achieve when LN counts for 2.

And I think it's proper to add the third option of 1 combo (like in IIDX and a few other games)
Drace
IIDX and LR2 count them as one combo because you don't need to time the release, just need to hold it long enough. This isn't the case with mania where you need the time the release just like normal notes, effectively making the press and release of long note two different notes.