forum

What can't you believe got popular, or caught on?

posted
Total Posts
show more
Apex_old
untitled
VoidnOwO
:oops:
Ikikaera

Apex wrote:

Chris9427 wrote:

Sora no Otoshimono. Worst Anime ever.

And all these shitty Animes like Naruto, One Piece, Pokemon etc. Why are these so popular even though there's stuff that's literally a million times better..
One Piece is actually very good at plot and character. There are rollercoasts of emotions through out the show that often result in tears. Its excellence can only matched by those anime as superior as Gintama. If it ended two years ago, that is.

Naruto could have been summed up in 52 episode, but was a dragged wreck.

Pokemon and SnO is just crap.

If you really want an experience, go watch cowboy bebop or Farewell My Concubine.
Well, I forgot to include that I care about the animation style and I don't like unnecessarily long Animes. Even if those are a masterpiece. In a long run everything gets boring. I wouldn't even watch 500+ episodes even though it's my favorite anime.
I have to admit though, I loved Naruto. But when Shippudden was launched the Anime went straight down. Everything you see is basically 60% flashback, 30% talking and 10% fighting.

Many people suggested me cowboy bebop already, but it doesn't seem to be my kinda anime.

Anyways, I never liked Pokemon, and I'll never do. Small 'monsters' who just keep repeating their name often in a really squeaky voice is.. blegh.
Shellghost
You haven't watched Cowboy Bebop?

Disgusting.
Vish024

Swayzo wrote:

My little pony

Apex wrote:

Chris9427 wrote:

And all these shitty Animes like...Pokemon etc. Why are these so popular even though there's stuff that's literally a million times better..
Pokemon...is just crap.
I will murder you both.

Chris9427 wrote:

Anyways, I never liked Pokemon, and I'll never do. Small 'monsters' who just keep repeating their name often in a really squeaky voice is.. blegh.
This...this is...this is just outrageous! WOJJAN DO SOMETHING.
Topic Starter
Myke B
jesus christ - so many anime's just getting rekt left and right.
Jinxy
Pokemon the game is fun

Pokemon the anime is shit, more Origins or Adventures-style Pokemon anime would be cool though
Jazz
5 centimeters per second

I can't believe I wasted download speed and minutes of my life just to watch it
I want a refund :C
Cyclohexane
The first season of Pokemon was good when we were all kids

Rewatching it now can be best described by "it's terrible, but it was good before so it's okay"

Gotta love nostalgia goggles
Tanzklaue

Mr Color wrote:

The first season of Pokemon was good when we were all kids

Rewatching it now can be best described by "it's terrible, but it was good before so it's okay"

Gotta love nostalgia goggles
it's just like digimon. all that is left is a kick ass theme song and fond memories.

also i can only recommend Pokemon Abridged by OneKidsEntertainment, very funny show. why don't we have a thread for things that need more popularity?
Shellghost
Cause they aren't popular.
Foxtrot

Chris9427 wrote:

I don't like unnecessarily long Animes.
except the fact that all the long animes you listed NEED to be long.
Topic Starter
Myke B
Shitty and one piece in the same sentence without a "is not" in between??????? You take that back.
NixXSkate

Jazz wrote:

5 centimeters per second

I can't believe I wasted download speed and minutes of my life just to watch it
I want a refund :C
are you heartless? that anime left so many people (including myself) speechless.
furthermore, it's not even that popular.
fartownik
Jesus fanfiction aka Bible.
GladiOol

fartownik wrote:

can't tell if serious
Shellghost
[Fedora intensifies]
GladiOol
In this moment, I am euphoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my intelligence.
Topic Starter
Myke B

fartownik wrote:

Apex_old
untitled
Autism-kun

fartownik wrote:

Could've been good with more moe.

Also fuck autotune, phones games, 4% vodka, electric violin, high heels and motherfucking buses.
beeboy123

Apex wrote:

lolis

I will hunt you down and torture you. Unless your into S n M than ill just stuff your body in a bad and throw it in a river.
Chamelo
Cyclohexane
^People next to me are playing that very game right now.

Meanwhile, I look like an alien playing o2jam U
Topic Starter
Myke B
motherfucking buses.
Fuck them motherfuckin' buses.
Chamelo

Mr Color wrote:

^People next to me are playing that very game right now.
I didn't, since I don't have smart phone. :P
ksg
gangnam style
doge
religion
pewdiepie
angry birds

Forgetting quite a few things, but that'll do for now.
Chamelo

ks- wrote:

religion
wat
ksg

CTs-Th wrote:

ks- wrote:

religion
wat
It's definitely a popular thing, and I have no clue why people go with it instead of using their brain. (Oh, people are going to hate me so much for this)
Anyway, it meets all the prerequisites for being something I can't believe got popular or caught on.
Weed
aids
Topic Starter
Myke B
It's definitely a popular thing, and I have no clue why people go with it instead of using their brain. (Oh, people are going to hate me so much for this)
Anyway, it meets all the prerequisites for being something I can't believe got popular or caught on.
aww, come on bro. I'm an atheist too, but there's no need to bash people unless they did something to bash you :/ I'm really against religion, but you can't hate billions of people. That's the difference between a le fedora atheist and someone who doesn't believe in the idea of religion.
Vish024
How is it difficult to believe that religion caught on? For thousands of years humanity was unable to explain things so they turned to religion. I'm sure if you were all born 600 years ago you'd all be religious fanatics.
Topic Starter
Myke B

LaVolpe024 wrote:

How is it difficult to believe that religion caught on? For thousands of years humanity was unable to explain things so they turned to religion. I'm sure if you were all born 600 years ago you'd all be religious fanatics.
Implying that people who are born today, don't.
Bweh

ks- wrote:

I think I can hand you a clue.

If people used their brain on this subject they'd arrive at no conclusion whatsoever. Metaphysics is practically unknowable and thus you can't logically declare whether or not there is something out there. The only logical thing to do is to dismiss it. In other words, do nothing—agnosticism. They're the only ones who can say they're being truly logical. If anyone wants to say yes or no to a metaphysical question it ends up becoming an opinion, regardless of their reason. Even if it's just to sleep soundly at night or to feel superior to someone else, it's common as fuck.

Personally, I find that a large group of people default to "no" just because they're succumbing to counter-culture syndrome so they can view themselves on top of those who dare to say "yes." At least, that explains why I'm getting the "disagree with me and you're a moron" vibe from you, especially with that little message you have in parenthesis over there.

LaVolpe024 wrote:

There are still an unfathomable number of things we can't explain yet, though. I still can't explain my purpose in this world, and any answer I'd come up with for that, regardless of what it is, is just a belief on my part. Otherwise I'd be damned if I had some factual evidence on the matter.

For example, take the events of Christ, something that happened so long ago it's dubious enough as it is. A theist would take what his Holy Book says as true because it'd fit his belief; an atheist would say Christ must've been a clever ruseman because it'd fit his belief; and an agnostic would shrug his shoulders and go about his business of shrugging at things all day. Nothing factual backing any of those claims up, except "common sense" which is pretty arbitrary anyway.

I think it's just hard to keep shrugging your shoulders all day. At some point you're going to develop an opinion for what you want to believe in one way or another.
Ekaru
Bashing religion for no fucking reason
dNextGen
Cookiezi
Yoeri
Fedoras
Wojjan

Myke B wrote:

blah blah blah blah someone who doesn't believe in the idea of religion.
But then the ghost of christmas jesus appears and hunts you down on his t-rex and you're all "I do believe in religion I do I do I do!"

Yoeri wrote:

Fedoras
HEY you know what I can't believe caught on? All those vocaloid personas. I mean, after you had like Miku and the guy and maybe those two mirror nerds for the fancy two stories in one song stuff you could pull with them I'd THINK you'd be fucking set.
Topic Starter
Myke B
Woah now, I was making a valid point to someone who was bashing religion T_T too, cut me some slack!
ksg

ks- wrote:

Oh, people are going to hate me so much for this
Called it.

I'm sorry if you feel offended, though. I just don't get religion's view of how things work, is all.
Might've put it a *bit* harshly, I was very tired at the time of posting.

EDIT:

Brian OA wrote:

"disagree with me and you're a moron"-vibes or something along those lines
I try to take people seriously even if they are religious, or believe in things like astrology, but it's just very difficult for me.
I'm probably just a retard myself.
show more