forum

Using iOS or Android device as tablet style controller

posted
Total Posts
show more
integralfx
I got it to work... finally.
I have a HTC One M8 (Android 5" phone - Yes, I'm playing osu! using a phone :D) and am using TUIO 1.1 on my phone and EcoTUIO on my Win 8.1 PC.
Works perfect. No lag.
Hope this helps revive the thread :)
Jenny
Any way to project the image onto the device aswell or is it basically just a pen tablet replacement?

SnelHest wrote:

I got the app for Android which did not require you to disable your firewall, followed all of the instructions and when I don't run the service I see that it can read my movements on the touch screen. But when I activate the service I can't control the mouse in any way.
The text
"A blocking action was cancelled by a call to WSACancelBlockingCall null packet
listening to TUIO messages at port 3333
A blocking action was cancelled by a call to WSACancelBlockingCall null packet
Starting the Tui-To-vmulti-Device1 service...
The Tui-To-vmulti-Device1 service status is now set to Running
test 8" (I translated a little bit of it from swedish so it might not be 100% the same.)
appears in the log window. I don't know if that is what it's supposed to say.
Anyone have any idea what I can do to make it work?
^also, this, though I am trying it via iOS on win7
integralfx

Jenny wrote:

Any way to project the image onto the device aswell or is it basically just a pen tablet replacement?
You can use Splashtop 2; on Android it's free but on iOS it's like $6.50. The touch input has little to no delay but the projection of the screen onto the device has very noticeable delay.
Skik
omg, why is it so slooooooow??
Topic Starter
DeadlySin9

Skeletonchik wrote:

omg, why is it so slooooooow??
What are you running it on? What device, app, desktop client. I don't have an iPhone anymore but I can still try to troubleshoot that, we might have an extra one somewhere.

Sorry to everyone else who I haven't been on to answer questions for, I can only do so much. None of these apps were actually developed by me anyways, just the method.
aznmex
How come when I play normal to easy songs the mouse on the ipad doesn't lag too much, but when I play a hard song, there is lag between the mouse and the cursor on OSU? Is this the delay and is there a way to fix this?
Randome_old
I don't know what i did wrong but i can't do anything when i put my ip adress on and it won't recognize it or anything :(
HobbitTitan
Im using a Ipad and it seems i'm doing everything correctly, but it just wont work :? help please :cry:
sirscrafty_old

tokaku wrote:

I probably sound really dumb right now but, how did you know whats your ip address? I've used remotedroid before with the server telling me what the ip address was. I tried using the ip addresses on the online checking websites.they didnt work. what do i do?
oh your ip is always 10.0.0.1 trust me
My Angel Seulgi
I've tried this method a few times with my Galaxy Note 10.3. It's a really gimmicky thing, though if your internet isn't godlike the tablet will lag, and so will the cursor in game.
Davenisms
guix
why
i cant connect this to my android phone?

in tuiodoird says client not reachable? :?: :?
xtkakeru
The link for TouchProxy doesn't work and I want to use this really badly
(Obviously i have windows 8) :(
AndreyG97
Kasumi-sama

TheAwesome624 wrote:

The link for TouchProxy doesn't work and I want to use this really badly
(Obviously i have windows 8) :(
Just download EcoTUIODriver, it works on Windows 8/8.1 too.
MrZepher101
not connecting to my computer well. it does show the my touches in the configuration but it doesn't connect to osu or anywhere else
(using tuio)
Cyuubi
Hey i connected it and its working but not responding my mouse where i touch it please its working in the live feeback but PLEASE HELP!!!!
integralfx
I found an old version of Slide but it only works via WiFi. It says ADB not found when I go File>Show USB Status. I put it in a folder with the ADB folders. Same thing. Works well with WiFi tho.
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B7jSvHOE6WPhfk13S2RQbzhPendmSHlla2dTdzY5OW1uM1FHNUFmUUtGMW5vb3MxdEpSbEE&usp=sharing
Enjoy!
makemecool123
can somean help im uisng windows 7 cant move my cursor around
makemecool123
dude make a video tutiorial or fix ur grammer cant understand the guide
makemecool123

BLUuuE83 wrote:

I found an old version of Slide but it only works via WiFi. It says ADB not found when I go File>Show USB Status. I put it in a folder with the ADB folders. Same thing. Works well with WiFi tho.
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B7jSvHOE6WPhfk13S2RQbzhPendmSHlla2dTdzY5OW1uM1FHNUFmUUtGMW5vb3MxdEpSbEE&usp=sharing
Enjoy!
UNREACHABLE?
Howl

makemecool123 wrote:

makemecool123 wrote:

Is this sarcasm? Your english is really, really terrible. (Not only in the quoted post, I've seen a few posts from you in the past, I had issues understanding all of them!) Please fix yours before telling anyone to fix theirs. (by the way, that is not true! I gave a quick read to OP's post, I couldn't really find major grammar issues. Ask anyone else with a good knowledge of English and I'm pretty sure they'll tell you the same).

Also, as I believe I've told you in the past, AVOID DOUBLEPOSTING, or in this case, tripleposting. It's annoying, and there is a rule in almost every forum in the world that says to avoid it. If you need to add something, go use the Edit button! You can simply add what you forgot to tell in your post by editing it.

I can't help you with your issue (both because of the ridiculous amount of information you gave and because I've never tried using my phone as a tablet style controller), but I can say for sure that the URL that is in BLUuuE83's post is reachable. If you still can't reach it, here is a mirror to the APK in that folder http://y.zxq.co/ujeqet.apk
makemecool123

Howl wrote:

makemecool123 wrote:

makemecool123 wrote:

Is this sarcasm? Your english is really, really terrible. (Not only in the quoted post, I've seen a few posts from you in the past, I had issues understanding all of them!) Please fix yours before telling anyone to fix theirs. (by the way, that is not true! I gave a quick read to OP's post, I couldn't really find major grammar issues. Ask anyone else with a good knowledge of English and I'm pretty sure they'll tell you the same).

Also, as I believe I've told you in the past, AVOID DOUBLEPOSTING, or in this case, tripleposting. It's annoying, and there is a rule in almost every forum in the world that says to avoid it. If you need to add something, go use the Edit button! You can simply add what you forgot to tell in your post by editing it.

I can't help you with your issue (both because of the ridiculous amount of information you gave and because I've never tried using my phone as a tablet style controller), but I can say for sure that the URL that is in BLUuuE83's post is reachable. If you still can't reach it, here is a mirror to the APK in that folder http://y.zxq.co/ujeqet.apk
NOPE CANT UNDERSTAND IT I DOWNLAOD THE DRIVER AND THE APP CONC?TED IDK WUT TO DO THE CURSOR WONT MOVE :?: sry for the caps
Btw im meaning the apple :^Y
TyraelCross
Hola ahhhh. Quisiera preguntar algo? Saben que me funciona bien pero no funciona en el o su :/ no se que hacer porfavor alguien me ayuda.

Pd: no escribí en inglés porque no soy bueno en inglés y no quería tener falta de ortografía :D
EtienneXC
TuioDriver was recognizing my iPad when I toggled off but when I toggled on nothing happened. Now, I can't even get it to show up at all.
This program confuses me so much.
poorboy13
Miraculously, I got this to work. Using Galaxy Tab 10.1 (the old one) and Windows 8.1. The link for TouchProxy appears to be dead, I used http://www.softpedia.com/get/Programming/Components-Libraries/TouchProxy.shtml instead and it worked. Seemed to be almost lag-free in operation, while using my phone to hotspot :P

The only gripe I have: YOU MUST HAVE A STYLUS. Otherwise you will be confusedly tapping away at the screen, hoping that your finger lands on the right spot (it won't). This makes me sad. I was so excited. But if you do have a tab or phone that supports hover styluses, THIS IS AWESOME.
xEkin_old
Does it work with Mac Too?? If yes HOW ? bcs the driver is not for mac :(
HeadpatBot
I am confused. I am running Windows 7 EcoTUIODriver and tuioDriod on a Samsung Tab 4. It says it takes the input on the computer but for some reason when I start Osu there is no response. Help?
Topic Starter
DeadlySin9
I hope two months from last post isn't too old to bump? But anyways, the OP has been updated with some new links and one piece of advice: run as administrator! That may help with a few of your problems.

Danthepatrick wrote:

I am confused. I am running Windows 7 EcoTUIODriver and tuioDriod on a Samsung Tab 4. It says it takes the input on the computer but for some reason when I start Osu there is no response. Help?
Try enabling OS TabletPC in the settings. I also had Raw Input enabled and it still worked.

xEkin wrote:

I just updated the OP with a possible Mac app to let you use this.
legoindie
All I get on the TUIOdroid is "Client not reachable"
legoindie
I figured it out! but im having a hard time aiming. any tips? and is there a way that I can make it like the normal Osu! tablet? I want to be able to use this like a curser, than use my z and x keys to click the circles.
Dayvas
:D
TabletEasy
It don't work! I tried turning off windows fire wall and tried doing everything you said in the description! Please help when I connect it and I tap it wont display or move my cursor! Im using touch proxy as administrator.
Blizzscape

DeadlySin9 wrote:

I hope two months from last post isn't too old to bump? But anyways, the OP has been updated with some new links and one piece of advice: run as administrator! That may help with a few of your problems.

Danthepatrick wrote:

Try enabling OS TabletPC in the settings. I also had Raw Input enabled and it still worked.

xEkin wrote:

I just updated the OP with a possible Mac app to let you use this.
How Do You Do This? I Tried Everything And Nothing is Working :( like what kind of ip address? im so confused.
killerone321
im really confused if you may add me on steam so we could get a voice communication i feel it would be easiest steam (Kiko) my profile picture is a cat duck
disomnia
is there a way i can turn the sensitivity up so its faster ??
ryekseu
Weird. I installed the drivers on Windows Vista,and it worked, BUT you cant use in in osu! nor in Windows itself. It only works on the utility.

How do I fix this?
disomnia
hello i was using this for a few days touch proxy on windows 8.1 and tuiopad but now the cursor just laggs all over the place and keeps frezzing on my desktop any help pls
Kyozoru
Can it be Considered?
Starfallxd
umm idk why but at TUOIdroid the settings page never opens what do ido?
Andrew Heo

mikus111 wrote:

umm idk why but at TUOIdroid the settings page never opens what do ido?
Do you have a Samsung product? If so then hold down the back key.
show more