forum

No fail. Improvement.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
phoenny
Hey, just wanted to asked if i want to improve is there any point to use Nofail alot.. I did it a while but not often so i have no clue if it changes anything..

I want to improve my "movement" (Aimspeed or what ever you want to call it.)

I would do that on maps where I DONT BUTTON SMASH where i actually understand what to do, or are there any bad things about that?
RaneFire
If you know what you're doing then there's no harm in using anything. That's what everyone tries to emphasize.

Use common sense and then you don't even need to come to these forums to ask anything.
Topic Starter
phoenny

RaneFire wrote:

If you know what you're doing then there's no harm in using anything. That's what everyone tries to emphasize.

Use common sense and then you don't even need to come to these forums to ask anything.
Haha, the last part is true, so yeah.. Wasnt needed to ask, but i heard about some ppl that went worse from playing with NF on maps thats why i asked tho.

ty =)
Vuelo Eluko

RaneFire wrote:

...What's the point of this post? :?:
Almost

phoenny wrote:

RaneFire wrote:

Haha, the last part is true, so yeah.. Wasnt needed to ask, but i heard about some ppl that went worse from playing with NF on maps thats why i asked tho.

ty =)
I'm guessing it's because they spent a lot of time playing NF and got lazy with their reading due to playing maps that were too fast for them or they spammed a lot and developed a lot of bad habits.
RaneFire

Bassist Vinyl wrote:

RaneFire wrote:

...What's the point of this post? :?:
Well you haven't been here very long. But the point is that 99% of the threads on this subforum asking for "help" are answered with "practice." People don't seem to realise that as long as you are practicing something, and not just messing around, you should be getting better. "How long?" is not even important anymore. Practice is just that, something constructive, a method... not spamming or mashing or flailing your cursor.

If you need to use NoFail in order to practice something, then that's fine. Usually on maps with high HP drain... or a certain section you can't pass, but would like to play the rest of the song, because it's good practice. Or maybe your accuracy isn't too great, but want to get familiar with more complicated patterns/jumps.
Quite Cynical
Anytime I use NF, I end up mashing the keys to the song and don't really care about reading / timing the clicks properly.
Just my two cents, but if you can't pass it, what's the point? Work on something that's slightly out of your reach but still manageable.
Rewben2
If you need no fail to pass the map then it's too hard for you to be playing, unless it's a high drain map.
Myke B

jk :) in all seriousness, I never liked to use no fail, because of two reasons: If I passed a song with like 50% accuracy, I didn't like to see my accuracy dip that much. Secondly, I prefer to progress at a song bits at a time, so I can measure how well I'm improving.
kernymi
I don't use NF.
And by that I know my limits.
Topic Starter
phoenny
I know my Limits, but i just want to improve my overall movement. and failing my reading is just fine atm but my movement is still shit.. sometimes i can get to half of Pluto Challenge, well thats rare. but mostly not.

I want to improve faster since my Movement is stupidly slow.. and no my aim is NOT SHIT. its just fine. if im not to slow im 99% on the Circle except those are squares cuz i hate squares.

And i wont play with NF on maps where i get 50% more like 75-88% (but still maps where i miss some parts and die bcuz of it.. pretty much getting used to different patterns and movements.) I just dont like playing easy maps, i want to play the hardcore maps like DystopiaGround by Amamiya Yuko or however that song is called.. i just die at specific point. the map is still hard tho.
Vuelo Eluko

phoenny wrote:

I know my Limits, but i just want to improve my overall movement. and failing my reading is just fine atm but my movement is still shit.. sometimes i can get to half of Pluto Challenge, well thats rare. but mostly not.

I want to improve faster since my Movement is stupidly slow.. and no my aim is NOT SHIT. its just fine. if im not to slow im 99% on the Circle except those are squares cuz i hate squares.

And i wont play with NF on maps where i get 50% more like 75-88% (but still maps where i miss some parts and die bcuz of it.. pretty much getting used to different patterns and movements.) I just dont like playing easy maps, i want to play the hardcore maps like DystopiaGround by Amamiya Yuko or however that song is called.. i just die at specific point. the map is still hard tho.
although i advocate nofail i will say nothing forces you to learn a certain part of a map than dying to it ~100 times :o
Zare
Without Nofail I would be even worse than I am now.
If you are able to read the map, there's no reason not to use it. Use it to play maps that are slightly out of your reach, not only because of the drain but also because of the speed. (For me that is jump maps at around 220-230 BPM with short streams.) I feel like those maps help the most when trying to improve overall. Sure, if you want to practice a certain skill, it's still best to use Practice maps, but if you don't want that, No Fail is a great help.

However, and that should be obvious: Don't use No Fail to play Slotcore.