forum

Modder of the month

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
show more
Ekaru
EDIT: Responded via PM, and I can make this much shorter so I will.

Just have both Modder of the Month and Top Kudosu Earner; that way, if this doesn't work out, you'll at least have Top Kudosu Earner for motivation, since it can't fail due to non-committed judges or mass whining.

Seems like a good idea, no?
Gemi

Sir Minelli wrote:

No offense, but only a few judges will be doing this... ONCE per month and will not be much of a time consuming work at all.
The people who you'll likely get to this job are those who would otherwise be modding. Also, if you want a fair system you need to go through a LOT(ie. all of them for those with high amounts of mod posts) of mod posts and check how good t
hey are, to be able to judge who is the best modder. You tell me this takes only little time and I laugh.

Sir Minelli wrote:

But no one has actually listed the negative aspects. Do I smell jealousy?
Lol?

Sir Minelli wrote:

Number of Kudosu is not always the best indicator for knowing whos the best modder. In most cases it is NOT.
That is why monthly the top 50 kudosu earners will be listed in a chart.

From here, judges will read their posts and will know who modded the best.
Do you realize how many posts you'll have to read through? 50 users and a few dozen posts from each, that makes hundreds of posts to rad. That's not a quick task.
Topic Starter
Sir Minelli
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
0_o

Sir Minelli wrote:

4 .- Try to avoid only "suggestion mod posts" Try to find actual mistakes and post them.
If you only suggest something and get a kudosu, it might get denied.
Don't agree with this. Modding isn't just about finding mistakes, it's about making maps better. If the mapper took the suggestion, then the modder has helped improve the map, and deserves a kudosu.
Topic Starter
Sir Minelli

0_o wrote:

Sir Minelli wrote:

4 .- Try to avoid only "suggestion mod posts" Try to find actual mistakes and post them.
Don't agree with this. Modding isn't just about finding mistakes, it's about making maps better. If the mapper took the suggestion, then the modder has helped improve the map, and deserves a kudosu.
As I said... try to avoid only suggestion posts.

Now with bold.
0_o
Yeah I noticed the only. What's wrong with suggestion posts? Kudosu is supposed to be given if the post is useful, so if someone gave the mapper a couple of useful suggestions why shouldn't they receive kudos?
Topic Starter
Sir Minelli
Faceman my friend,

The abuse... that's what I'm talking about... maybe I should type that word there.

Doing so now.

Edit: Done.

*waiting for more comments*
0_o
gotcha ;)
Topic Starter
Sir Minelli

0_o wrote:

gotcha ;)
Thank you GOD.
Lizbeth
i guess this system is less time consuming, and more reasonable. And decrease the abuse on getting kudos NO matter what...
Topic Starter
Sir Minelli
Ok guys so let me know your opinions about this to see if we make it happen <3
Gens
Aaah, actually, this system looks better. I'd say some opinions/replies to other posts, but let's just keep it like this. ;)

Well, anyway, I can't wait to see those people who have +5 medals of this. Ahaha~ (I don't want to get to the "Jealousy" part again though)
0_o
I could picture myself turning into a modding machine when this starts (maybe)

/me approves :)
Lissette
support, this system is better
Derekku
Your new idea for the system sounds pretty much how I imagined it should be. (b`.`)b
Shulin
I support this system it sounds much less time consuming and better just a few questions regarding the denial of kudosu:

It is correct to give suggestions once in a while, but do not abuse these type of posts for your own benefit.
What if the maps modded have very little or no mistakes in them? If you modded 10 maps in a row with no mistakes and posted suggestions would that count as abuse? I think this needs to be specified a little more clearly because "abuse" and "suggestion" are subjective to both the modder and the person who judges the posts.

6 .- Making a difficulty for a particular beatmap is not a reason for obtaining kudosu anymore. It will get denied.
Should this be denied outright? Surely receiving one kudosu for helping create a difficulty isn't such a bad thing, and if there is 1 difficulty by the mapper and 1 guest difficulty surely it is helping because otherwise the map couldn't be ranked? Of course if this was abused it would be a bad thing, but the rules could be specified.

Other than that I think this system will have a positive affect.
Topic Starter
Sir Minelli

Shulin wrote:

It is correct to give suggestions once in a while, but do not abuse these type of posts for your own benefit.

Shulin wrote:

What if the maps modded have very little or no mistakes in them? If you modded 10 maps in a row with no mistakes and posted suggestions would that count as abuse? I think this needs to be specified a little more clearly because "abuse" and "suggestion" are subjective to both the modder and the person who judges the posts.
Shulin, it is very unlikely that you mod 10 maps in a row and give only suggestions without finding any possible mistakes.
By Abusing this system, I refer to modding only maps that are bubbled / about to get ranked, posting a single suggestion while skipping all the hard work, and recieving kudosu for it. Try to aim your moddings to maps that are in the need of a solid mod in order to avoid future missunderstandings.
It is easy to notice if you slacked or not.
If you modded the map, gave only one suggestion... the comes another modder and posts like 15 mistakes he found, then you are doing it wrong.

6 .- Making a difficulty for a particular beatmap is not a reason for obtaining kudosu anymore. It will get denied.

Shulin wrote:

Should this be denied outright? Surely receiving one kudosu for helping create a difficulty isn't such a bad thing, and if there is 1 difficulty by the mapper and 1 guest difficulty surely it is helping because otherwise the map couldn't be ranked? Of course if this was abused it would be a bad thing, but the rules could be specified.
It is already being denied to everyone else.
You will already have your difficulty ranked for everyone else to play. That should be enough.
I have recieved already like 5+ difficulties for some of my maps and I never gave kudosu because the first time I did, a BAT denied it.

Shulin wrote:

Other than that I think this system will have a positive affect.
I hope you got me this time.
Shulin
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
Sir Minelli
Reminder for peppy.

Go!
Lilac
I think that "Maps always have mistakes, even after they are ranked."