Owl City - Embers

posted
Total Posts
show more
Kyonko Hizara
Finally the map you made for me is ranked :U
Garven
Hey Prof.

You probably already know why I'm here. The difficulty progression from Easy -> Normal -> Hard is really unbalanced. We're focusing mostly on the Normal -> Hard in terms of techniques used. You go from a very slow constant distance-snapped Normal to a very jumpy Hard - especially during the Kiai times. Try to make this transition smoother (or insert a map between, but I think making the Normal more difficult would be the best for the set's overall spread).

Something else I noted while doing the checks was that the hitsounding was incredibly underwhelming during the kiai times. The volume doesn't change at all, nor does the sample set, but the music itself essentially doubles.
p3n
I'll leave that here in case someone missed it.... p/3576827

1.5 -> 2.5 -> 3.5 (E H H) is fine if the difficulty of the used gameplay elements increases appropriately
Minao
So... All the changes we made to the Normal to simplify it was pointless? :( I'm not blaming anybody, I'm just disapointed that all the work on it didn't help this beatmap to be ranked...
Ztrot, I'm waiting for your opinion on it to know what i'm supposed to do with this diff now...
Sakura

Minao wrote:

So... All the changes we made to the Normal to simplify it was pointless?
Why did you tone down Normal in the first place? :<
Sieg

Sakura wrote:

Minao wrote:

So... All the changes we made to the Normal to simplify it was pointless?
Why did you tone down Normal in the first place? :<
That's not true. On the contrary, we did increase overall rhythm density and reworked just some unpleasant to play overlaps. This normal is top notch. (as normal ofc, not 2.5 SR Hard)
Well, as p3n said~~~
Good luck on requalifying.
Sakura
Well in either case, you can either make Normal harder or tone down Hard, tho i highly doubt ztrot would want to tone down Hard...
or make a diff in between the 2.
Anyway, sorry for not noticing the diff spread issue before it got qualified :(
Topic Starter
ztrot

Minao wrote:

So... All the changes we made to the Normal to simplify it was pointless? :( I'm not blaming anybody, I'm just disapointed that all the work on it didn't help this beatmap to be ranked...
Ztrot, I'm waiting for your opinion on it to know what i'm supposed to do with this diff now...
you sit tight buddy your diff is perfect I'll add another to even out the set.
Shohei Ohtani
oh no!!!
Tari
I was worried about the spread when I first saw this map,

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get to it in time though.

Good Luck on the re qualification though!
Topic Starter
ztrot
I've added another diff to even out the problem with the spread... not that I saw issues. Would love for someone to take a look.
Lust
log
14:04 Lust: howdy
14:04 ztrot: hello
14:04 *Lust is editing [http://osu.ppy.sh/b/566515 Owl City - Embers [Medium]]
14:05 Lust: i recommend ar6.5, fits the patterns you set for the majority of the diff as well as sits well in the spread
14:06 ztrot: okay
14:06 ztrot: I can do that
14:06 Lust: 00:19:970 (2,3) - id recommend you space these two out a bit, the rhythm here changes and an anti-jump pattern like the one you have right now could be a bit confusing and hard to read
14:09 ztrot: this enough?
14:09 ztrot: v
14:09 ztrot: http://puu.sh/dMLkZ/1b370b6bb1.jpg
14:13 Lust: ehhh maybe a little more
14:13 Lust: somewhere around 1.1x spaced out
14:14 ztrot: that will make it too simple
14:14 ztrot: this has to be a bit harder to read than normal
14:14 ztrot: or the whole map is moot
14:15 ztrot: but i did something
14:15 ztrot: will show you when i submit I think you will be happy with it
14:17 Lust: 00:35:092 (5,1) - i know what you were trying to do here and I think its pretty cool, but i'd recommend you space the circles out evenly - the rhythm is the same for the most part and i think it would make for a more logical pattern if they were consistent
14:21 Lust: 01:33:872 (1) - remove the NC here and add it to 01:34:604 (4) -, afterwards remove the NC from 01:36:068 (1) - and add it to 01:36:555 (2) -, finally remove the NC from 01:37:775 (1) - and add it to 01:38:507 (4) -
14:21 Lust: should follow the song nicer
14:22 ztrot: alright
14:22 Lust: update it and i'll have a recheck
14:23 ztrot: I also adjusted a few other things
14:23 ztrot: to make it a tad less repetive
14:23 ztrot: as this is only made to fill requirements
14:23 Lust: could you tell me what they are? they need to be in the log so there arent any undocumented changes
14:24 ztrot: sure
14:24 Lust: kinda sucks but meh its just a formality
14:24 ztrot: 01:41:677 (1,2,3) - added curves to not be copy paste
14:25 ztrot: 02:05:824 (2,3) - fixed blanket
14:25 ztrot: 02:25:336 (1,2) - same song and dance here
14:25 ztrot: fixed blanket
14:26 ztrot: I hope you find my compromises with the spacing to be acceptable
14:26 ztrot: on the parts you gave concern to
14:26 Lust: updated?
14:26 ztrot: yeah

Lets get this moving again.
Topic Starter
ztrot
updated and made all adjustments asked of me by lust thanks again for looking at it.
Lust
bubbled x2
Sakura
Dunno why you went with "Medium" for your diff name, sounds kinda awkward compared to the others, i think just naming it Normal would've been fine. (or changing Meidum > Hard to Hard > Insane?)
Topic Starter
ztrot
No
Shohei Ohtani
I love you to bits and pieces and I feel like a complete douchebag for doing this but I'm going to have to pop this bubble :(.

All diffs:
Firstly, the bottom 2 diffs should have kiai on the 3rd chorus. It's not 100% unrankable per se, but it's really weird to have the last big impact have no kiai while the first do.
Secondly, for the diffs that do, the last kiai should start at 02:52:653 , because that's where it starts in the other diffs.

Medium:
02:03:385 (9) - Missing whistle here
02:15:092 (1) - pls
03:32:287 (1) - I don't think this note works very well. It's on a blue tick on something that is faintly heard. I'm also not sure about how close you want it to the next note. The previous spinner ends super early, so its kind of implying that you plan on having a lot of space in between your spinners.

Normal:
I'd really like you to have claps on 2 and 4 of every measure. Right now it's inconsistent and trying to with the vocals. Which is a 0/10. Hitsounds are meant to provide a basis in which to establish rhythm, especially claps. pls do that ;w;
01:31:067 (3) - *bleh*

Forum PM me when these things are fixed.

sorry about pop ;w;
Topic Starter
ztrot
applied changes yet again
Shohei Ohtani
pls fix stuff (or have Minao) in the normal diiff. That's where the majority of the issues that I popped this map exist ;w;.
Topic Starter
ztrot
it is just hitsounds, and I don't feel they are in a state that should hold back the map, it was his choice.
Minao
I'm sorry it took so long. I changed 01:31:067 (3) but I have no idea about how to improve the hitsounds. So... to answer to your PM Ztrot, I think it would be really better if you could change it, as I don't know what to do... Sorry to make you work on my diff again...
Topic Starter
ztrot
adjusted and reworked your whole diffs hitsounds.
Shohei Ohtani
Hitsounds are improved

Bubble restore yay
Topic Starter
ztrot
yay
Pereira006
  1. fix many things missings hitsound for all diff's
  2. fix inconsistency kiai time only in normal
  3. fix volume consistency in normal and easy
  4. fix about new color and remove new color only in advance
this mapset and spread everthing look good now, ready to go

re-qualify
Topic Starter
ztrot
yay I hope it sticks this time :U
Dainesl
grats xP
Sieg
yay (:
-Celebi-
ranked
one year later
NippoChan
are you crazy ztrot :?: mad map Owl City - Embers Lo man are join Working a day?