Equivalent_old

Rukarioman wrote:

I think this could count too.

DIGI-SEQ-BAND2000 - Somehow You Found Me [Expert] by VitaminB6
01:09:753 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16) -
Look interesting <3
narakucrimson

Shiirn wrote:

EVERYTHING SHOULD BE 1.0X SPACED I HATE JUMPS I HATE ANTIJUMPS I HATE SPACING CHANGES
Never :3

Btw, did anyone check the Curl Sliders nomination? xD
Dangaard
After seeing the "Drain Section" I'm nominating the Recovery Section (aka new combo spam :P)

Basically it's the usage of many new combos in a certain section of the map, preferably right before the chorus or the repeat of the chorus. It works best with higher HP drain rates and is supposed to "heal" the player right before the more challenging part is starting. Also there can be more of them e.g. to recover after a hard section.

There are many maps with new combo "spam" but I don't know if the mappers had the recovery-technique in mind, so I will post 2 of my own maps where I intentionally used this:

Map #1: HTT - NO, Thank You! (TV Size)

Map #2: Rina Satou - Keikenchi Joushouchuu (TV Size)

In both examples I used the new combo section right before the chorus repeats. I think "NO, Thank YOU!" is the better example since the HP drain can be pretty harsh if you don't have a good accuracy (~95% or higher).
Raging Bull

Dangaard wrote:

In both examples I used the new combo section right before the chorus repeats. I think "NO, Thank YOU!" is the better example since the HP drain can be pretty harsh if you don't have a good accuracy (~95% or higher).
Oh I know how that feels. >_>

Anyways, how do we get the Krisom criss cross sliders to be rated? I like those sliders.
Luvdic

Raging Bull wrote:

Anyways, how do we get the Krisom criss cross sliders to be rated? I like those sliders.
Check this thread viewtopic.php?f=61&t=51905
Charles445
I have one I want to nominate, I see this popping up more and more

Stream Jumps

A change in spacing in the middle of a 1/4 stream to create a very quick jump, usually accompanied by a new combo

Some mappers use sliders before a stream jump to make the jump easier.

Examples:
Oriental ST8 - Shoreline
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/34715

A stream jump on a slow song
100-200-400 - Fascination MAXX
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/56549

A large stream jump on a 200 BPM song
DragonForce - Cry for Eternity
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/92051

Some stream jumps in the 170bpm section, these using sliders before the stream jumps to make them easier.
OzzyOzrock
I have excuses for some combo spam now yeah
Jenny
Crushing Sliders

Using highspeed (mostly 1/8-)sliders for some kind of flowcrash, mostly with the same volume as usual or a higher one (using a [custom-]clap-hitsound increases the crushing effect) - those don't destroy the whole flow but bring some kind of reset to the map, if you get what I mean.

Examples:

[box=IOSYS - Marisa wa Taihen na Kanbu de Tomatte Ikimashita (DJPop) [Love:4104f]]
Well, not the best example, but everyone knows it and you know what it sounds like - a big crash
[box=t+pazolite - Chipscape (Shiirn) [Ragnarok:4104f]]
Good example for using those
[box=Noisia - Groundhog (Beat Juggle) (Takuma) [!ignore this:4104f]]
Also a quite good example
[box=Renard - Banned Forever (Blue Dragon) [Nogard:4104f]]
Just wawawawawawawa-sliders~Hope you got what I tryed to explain, kinda tired :cry:
Derekku
@Crushing sliders: I'd say that those are a bit unrankable (especially Marisa-style ones where you can't even read that they're sliders unless you know the map), but they are quite memorable and iconic!
ziin
especially when you miss it and the game won't let you hit it midway through.
bomber34
Climax

The Diff. starts easy and then it gets harder and/or harder so it could feel like an epic match or boss fight.(see Two Steps From Hell)
Most time used in the beginning of a Song.
Difference between this and Drain time is that it doesn't effect the Drain bar so/that much.

Denji Sano - Taiko Time
Insane
http://osu.ppy.sh/s/24320

Two Steps From Hell - Dragon Rider
Conflict
http://osu.ppy.sh/s/21550

i would like to add Noisa - Groundhog (BeatStruggle) but it isn't approved/ranked yet D:
Kiddo-Kun
Double stacking Circles:
A series of circles that are arranged in a 1/2 pattern so each notes has ONE circle stacked under it.
Bad description? Of course. Here is a little picture on an un-ranked map that has it
SPOILER

See how (2) is under (1) and everything is 1/2.
Don't know any ranked maps that have this on the spot, but I know I've seen it somewhere. I'll post some as soon as I see them.
Hopefully you know what I mean.
Tenshi

Kiddo-Kun wrote:

Double stacking Circles:
A series of circles that are arranged in a 1/2 pattern so each notes has ONE circle stacked under it.
Bad description? Of course. Here is a little picture on an un-ranked map that has it
SPOILER

See how (2) is under (1) and everything is 1/2.
Don't know any ranked maps that have this on the spot, but I know I've seen it somewhere. I'll post some as soon as I see them.
Hopefully you know what I mean.
viewtopic.php?f=61&t=48063
Kiddo-Kun
>__________> I always end up missing shit like that. Even when I double check.
OzzyOzrock
viewtopic.php?p=647849#p647849

hell yeah
examples
SUPPLIED
Kitsunemimi
This place is dead as hell ;_;
Louis Cyphre
Have you ever been in hell?
GigaClon
These would be good content for the wiki
D33d
If I may revive this thread, then I'd like to nominate something pretty neat:

Treadmill Sliders

So called because of their use with the treadmill choreography of OK Go - Here it Goes Again, these consist of elbow sliders which dip at the end. They're generally combined with circles on offbeats and their effect is generally a satisfying left-right motion, which creates a gradual movement up or down.

Other maps include:

Mika -Grace Kelly

Leslie Hall - Tight Pants / Body Rolls

Doppelman - Error!!

[CSGA]Ar3sgice
It doesn't even have this here, no science

GigaClon

D33d wrote:

Treadmill Sliders
looks good why don't you put it on the wiki there is a template and everything
D33d

GigaClon wrote:

D33d wrote:

Treadmill Sliders
looks good why don't you put it on the wiki there is a template and everything
Good point! I haven't contributed anything to the wiki yet, so if I ever feel like it, then I'll add some things like that. Having said that, I'm curious to know waht other people think of those kinds of patterns, because I'd love to see them used more often.
OnosakiHito
I have there a question. Is it possible to add Mapping Techniques for Taiko too?
Because I would really like to see what people think about certain patterns and the use of 1/6 in different constalations plus the use of finishers, SV changes and more.

There are so many things unclear yet and it would be just opportune to use this forum for taiko as well.
In Taiko we do also have certain mapping styles which effect the whole map and it's patterns, so knowng the opinion about some guys would be great.
Dolphin

OnosakiHito wrote:

I have there a question. Is it possible to add Mapping Techniques for Taiko too?
Because I would really like to see what people think about certain patterns and the use of 1/6 in different constalations plus the use of finishers, SV changes and more.

There are so many things unclear yet and it would be just opportune to use this forum for taiko as well.
In Taiko we do also have certain mapping styles which effect the whole map and it's patterns, so knowng the opinion about some guys would be great.
I agree!