forum

M&L: Bowser's Inside Story

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Ekaru
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
lukewarmholiday
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
5ku112
I hope there' replay value this time, with sidequests and what not.

I'm actually holding out for 358/2 so I might have to put this game in my procrastination bin. :|
YoshiKart
Was about to bump m980's M&L thread, but okay.

M&LRPG3!!! was doomed to be better than PiT automatically. >_>
And I can't stop calling this game RPG3... I got too used to the Japanese name.
Currently playing the game in Japanese, and waiting until I can grab a US copy at my local store.
Seibei4211
I guess I'll be the first one to point out this game's bullshit. Don't get me wrong though, I like this game. Then again, I didn't hate PiT either. In fact, I really like the Mix Flower. Aaanyway. The Giant Bowser segments. Pretty bullshit. They're really linear and if you don't do it the way you're supposed to, you have to start the whole thing over again. I don't know if you guys have gotten to the train one yet, but that pissed me off. One hit away from winning and I lost cause I got an "OK" instead of an "Excellent" one too many times and had to start the whole section over. Supreme bullshit. There's only one way to do that whole section and if you don't, the game says "Fuck you." It's more fun to be normal Bowser.

The second thing is the new special attacks. Most of those are pretty gay. Jump Helmet, Super Bouncer (especially), Spin Pipe, Fire Flower (which is a gay one to pull from PiT). I haven't unlocked the last two yet, but I like Yoo Who, Snack Basket, and Magic Window quite a lot. Bowser's SP attacks are cool so far, except Bom-omb Blitz.

The story...is pretty simple and gay. I like how The Blorbs is explained: "They ate some Blorb Mushrooms." "Oh yeah, that makes sense." Then it's just the standard "Collect the # <insert special item>". But I guess Mario hasn't always been much on storytelling.

Fawful. FAWFUL. I hate Fawful. But I HAVE CHORTLES.
5ku112
So the story is being told/narrated and your playing it through? Or are you playing the actual story?
Seibei4211
You're playing it. No narration that I can remember.

Oh, and just to clarify, all the stuff I didn't mention is pretty much good such as the battle system and level design and stuff.
Wizard Of Orz
i finished the japan version when it came out so i don't know much of the storyline except for the visual stuffies.

Yes the train fight. OH MY GOD, seriously that was really gey except all you really needed to do was to keep punching the green hill part so the train would not run away. That way the hp would just reduce and the train could not run.

The bowser segment weren't really that tough imo but they weren't easy as hell.

Lot's of minigames for M&L. I found them annoying.

Want me to spoil every skill attack?.
5ku112
Don't turn this into a spoiler thread. :(
Seibei4211
Apparantly if you breathed fire on the green thing, it did damage to the train. I have no idea how I was supposed to know that. Oh, and saying the special attack's names doesn't really spoil much. Like Snack Basket. You would probably never guess how that works. Seriously. Snack Basket.
lukewarmholiday

5ku112 wrote:

Are you honestly worried about spoiling the plot of a mario game
Wizard Of Orz

5ku112 wrote:

The good guys win.
purplepizza_old
fat luigi ftw :D :D :D
lukewarmholiday
HHHHHHHHHNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
5ku112
Ugh...

Anyway, This game is it anything gameplay wise like ML:PIT?
Seibei4211
Uh, barely. Bowser mixes things up. You spend at least half of the game as Bowser. Probably more like 60, at least. Bros battles are more like SSS, but you have badges.
Rolled
I am a big fan of this series (and honestly don't understand the problem with pit. it was a good game, and similar to all the rest)

however I'm not sure if it's this game individually, or perhaps because I got older or what, but the game just doesn't hold my interest anymore. It's far too easy, and the game holds your hand the entire time playing. There's not much of an exploration and sidequest factor and for some reason I just don't have the urge to play through the entire story like I used to (though I do have maybe 17 hours into it)

The quality of the game (and mario&luigi rpgs in general) is pretty neat. The humor's there, gameplay is cool and everything when you're first starting, but I just found it dull and repetitive.

Mixed feelings. Dunno. Probably won't be completing the game though even though I'm damn close to the end.
m980
A ranked all the challenges

Hahahahaha