forum

osu! twitch bot

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
gerarddp
It has been a good year, but the bot has come to an end. You can use http://mikuia.tv/ instead.

I've been working for a while on a Twitch chat bot for osu! already available in a couple of streams (Elysion and WubWoofWolf) and now I'm making it available to everyone as GerardBot.

Commands available:

!skin, !youtube (or !yt), !twitter, !facebook (or !fb), !keyboard (or !kb), !mouse, !tablet : any static text you want
!song : the song playing now, "Song: The Fox - Ylvis (https://osu.ppy.sh/s/119980)"
!profile : a link to your osu! profile page
!uptime : time your stream has been online
!help : displays all the commands available
!request https://osu.ppy.sh/s/119980 (or !req) : adds the beatmap to the request queue or send the link in-game
!rank : displays your pp rank and rating for the game mode selected in preferences (use !rank osu, ctb, taiko and mania for the other modes)
!tp : displays your tp rank and rating
!about

How to set up?

Login with your twitch account at http://gerarddp.duckdns.org/twitchbot/ , once your a logged in the bot will connect to your channel. Now just add all the information and settings and you are done.
In the request page you will see the songs being requested in your chat if you have it enabled.

If you have any idea, suggestion or features you would like to be added feel free to ask.

Changelog
v1.4 Completed sending requests in-game and some fixes
v1.3 Added !facebook, more !rank options, !about displays forum link, first steps to in-game pm, fixed !uptime and maybe more things
v1.2 Added !rank,!req now displays song added and fixed some bugs
v1.1 Added website, !tp and requests
v1.0 First release
Kayla
star
Jaxalotl
I'd love this :3
Primula_old
Note for developer: If your bot isn't verified for use on Twitch, you will be banned if more than 20 commands occur in 30 seconds.
Topic Starter
gerarddp
A new version of the bot is available, check first post to see what's new.

If you run into any problems, send me a message in-game or here.

Primula wrote:

Note for developer: If your bot isn't verified for use on Twitch, you will be banned if more than 20 commands occur in 30 seconds.
Thanks for the advice, I'll keep this in mind.
Kasugunai
I've added it to my stream some minutes ago, how much time does it take for it to start working?
Topic Starter
gerarddp

Kasugunai wrote:

I've added it to my stream some minutes ago, how much time does it take for it to start working?
It's supposed to connect immediately, I've checked your channel and it's already connected :)

If it happens to someone else, wait a couple of minutes and then try to disconnect and connect the bot again.
Kasugunai
All commands are working besides the song one which gives me random songs, it's an awesome bot nonetheless.
Disclude
I might try this out sometime in the future. It's nice to see more osu! bots around in twitch chats, and more people supporting osu! streamers! :3
Topic Starter
gerarddp

Kasugunai wrote:

All commands are working besides the song one which gives me random songs, it's an awesome bot nonetheless.
The !song command works with last.fm scrobbles, nothing I can do to make it better really :| but if you are actually playing it usually works fine. :)

Disclude wrote:

I might try this out sometime in the future. It's nice to see more osu! bots around in twitch chats, and more people supporting osu! streamers! :3
:)
Kasugunai
Is last.fm connected to osu!? I only had osu! and Spotify opened back then. Also, it's linking wrong beatmaps to the songs, I was listening to Papa Roach (which has no ranked beatmap) and it linked me to a Nightcore map.
Topic Starter
gerarddp

Kasugunai wrote:

Is last.fm connected to osu!? I only had osu! and Spotify opened back then. Also, it's linking wrong beatmaps to the songs, I was listening to Papa Roach (which has no ranked beatmap) and it linked me to a Nightcore map.
As I've told you it works fine if you are actually playing. The linking is not 100% accurate, but is the best I can do right now.
Kasugunai
I just tested it again and it seems that Spotify was actually the reason it was bugging as it gave me a map from a Spotify song and not a osu! beatmap. I wished osu! had priority so I didn't have to close Spotify every time I play osu! but as you said it works perfectly fine when I'm playing and the linking is being 100% accurate so far, I might add that I haven't tried unranked maps though.
rexcannon
Thanks so much for making this.
Kuro-pi
You're amazing for making this! Thank you so much!
Topic Starter
gerarddp
Some people where having trouble saving their preferences/settings, this problem should be solved now. :)

Kasugunai wrote:

I just tested it again and it seems that Spotify was actually the reason it was bugging as it gave me a map from a Spotify song and not a osu! beatmap. I wished osu! had priority so I didn't have to close Spotify every time I play osu! but as you said it works perfectly fine when I'm playing and the linking is being 100% accurate so far, I might add that I haven't tried unranked maps though.
Is the best I can do right now, but hopefully is enough :P

rexcannon_iii wrote:

Thanks so much for making this.

Kuro-pi wrote:

You're amazing for making this! Thank you so much!
Kasugunai
This bot is pretty good, I suggest you to create a donation command so people can compensate you for this amazing work, also a Facebook command would be good because I'm not a big Twitter fan and I'm sure I'm not the only one.
Jafem
Now i have it set up!
But what does it do? I mean why do i wanna use this while streaming
Topic Starter
gerarddp

Kasugunai wrote:

This bot is pretty good, I suggest you to create a donation command so people can compensate you for this amazing work, also a Facebook command would be good because I'm not a big Twitter fan and I'm sure I'm not the only one.
I added donation info in the footer of the website. A !bf/!facebook should be up soon too. Thanks for the feedback :)

Peekii wrote:

Now i have it set up!
But what does it do? I mean why do i wanna use this while streaming
The bot only answers to chat commands withe the appropriate information. It's mostly for the viewers, as they can just type !skin instead of asking for the skin and you having to answer, for example.
Jafem
Ah okay seems like a cool bot. I will try streaming osu today and see how the bot works
neico
I think !uptime should report a "stream is currently offline" instead of not sending anything at all while the stream is offline, pretty much like !song responds~

Nice idea so far tough,
now if this just could patch into the osu! game chat (maybe let the bot join the network and answer to queries?)
something like t/177849 comes to mind~
Topic Starter
gerarddp

neico wrote:

I think !uptime should report a "stream is currently offline" instead of not sending anything at all while the stream is offline, pretty much like !song responds~

Nice idea so far tough, now if this just could patch into the osu! game chat (maybe let the bot join the network and answer to queries?)
Fixed !uptime. Sending requests to in-game chat is already in the works and should be done by monday :)
Kasugunai
Bot users should be able to deactivate commands when they feel like they don't need them, I'd like to see a CTB rank command though.
neico
Tested the bot now,
as far as I can see it has some issues with responding (maybe due to anti-spam measurements?),
but I mostly noticed it while using !song, where my next issue lies, if !song responds, it's always "No song was found",
if this command requires some specific infos like a last fm user then you should note that somewhere (as I don't have such an account)

Something else that I noticed: sending "!request" gives a "Added" response, but such a command without arguments should rather return a generic wrong command syntax message (not sure if it also adds an empty entry into the request list)

And there's more:
!uptime didn't respond even with the stream being online
!tp gives me a "Wrong player id" while !rank works fine (!rank could add a separator into the rank number~, and I think that no one needs to have that much accurate pp scores, do it like osu! turn 381.502pp into 382pp ;) )

well that's all so far, I'm looking forward to some improvements :3

Kasugunai wrote:

I'd like to see a CTB rank command though.
Well !rank *could* provide different stats like that as well, without arguments, list them all, with arguments allow "osu!, ctb, taiko, mania, osu!default, catchthebeat, osu!mania" and display the respective rank
Topic Starter
gerarddp

Kasugunai wrote:

Bot users should be able to deactivate commands when they feel like they don't need them, I'd like to see a CTB rank command though.
What commands do you want to disable? Most of them can be disabled by leaving them blank. As for the !rank command I plan to add an option to choose the default mode and a !rank osu, !rank ctb, ...

neico wrote:

Tested the bot now,
as far as I can see it has some issues with responding (maybe due to anti-spam measurements?),
but I mostly noticed it while using !song, where my next issue lies, if !song responds, it's always "No song was found",
if this command requires some specific infos like a last fm user then you should note that somewhere (as I don't have such an account)
Fixed for next release

neico wrote:

Something else that I noticed: sending "!request" gives a "Added" response, but such a command without arguments should rather return a generic wrong command syntax message (not sure if it also adds an empty entry into the request list)
This should be fixed already

neico wrote:

And there's more:
!uptime didn't respond even with the stream being online
This should be fixed already, sometimes twitch eats messages though :o

neico wrote:

!tp gives me a "Wrong player id" while !rank works fine (!rank could add a separator into the rank number~, and I think that no one needs to have that much accurate pp scores, do it like osu! turn 381.502pp into 382pp ;) )
You don't have a tp rank yet, get one! :P I'll keep all the numbers for now.

neico wrote:

well that's all so far, I'm looking forward to some improvements :3
Thanks for the feedback :)

neico wrote:

Kasugunai wrote:

I'd like to see a CTB rank command though.

Well !rank *could* provide different stats like that as well, without arguments, list them all, with arguments allow "osu!, ctb, taiko, mania, osu!default, catchthebeat, osu!mania" and display the respective rank
Answered above.
Topic Starter
gerarddp
Some updates done to the bot. :) Check the changelog in the first post to view the changes.

In-game PM for the requests is not fully working yet. If you lose the settings or anything goes wrong pm me. Thanks
Kong_old_1
I like it, will use it for my stream.
TensaiRhythm
I like it :3
Topic Starter
gerarddp

lolikong wrote:

I like it, will use it for my stream.
:)

TensaiRhythm wrote:

I like it :3
:D

Enabled In-Game requests, if you run into any problems pm me.
Rumby
I think I'll try it later, looks interesting!
waxman
I try to use this app :D

Thank you!
I will become famous. 1000000/10
Topic Starter
gerarddp

waxman wrote:

I try to use this app :D

Thank you!
I will become famous. 1000000/10
:) You are already famous <3
LapisWoof
I'm going to have fun with this!
Topic Starter
gerarddp
Done some fixes.

jnutt24 wrote:

I'm going to have fun with this!
:D

Thanks to all the people that donated :)
Mayyro
Now I just need my home internet again!
Rise_old_1
#MindBlown

I installed this in my friends stream and it pretty much made her viewers have easier access
to commands she needed to reply to herself.

BTW, combo this with Moobot to repeat it's ![show the possible commands] and it works like a charm
aswell.

420/10 ;)
gandledyl
The !song command give me (Song: No song was found) when i listen to music and play it on my stream
Topic Starter
gerarddp

gandledyl wrote:

The !song command give me (Song: No song was found) when i listen to music and play it on my stream
You need to link your osu! profile with a last.fm account, and then add the username on the settings panel.
gandledyl
ok thanks
RiCE-T
Your bot is really amazing! But for some reason it keeps sending me to the same beatmap when I try the command !song (this one https://osu.ppy.sh/s/154156).
Any idea why this is happening?
show more