forum

single tapping & streams

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
sikened
I've always been a slow tapper, and since I stopped alternating I can't seem to physically hit the key on my keyboard fast enough to do most streams. Is there a trick to tapping quickly I can try or some sort of finger exercises I can do? The fastest I could get on this site with one finger was about 340bpm
http://www.all8.com/tools/bpm.htm

Edit: I think it'd be cool to hear what you guys get on that site (or any bpm calculator) to see what the general speed is.
zxcv
I'd have to say just keep playing the game, and eventually you'll be able to do everything better, slowly, but you'll get there, eventually. If you have a song that you can't pass, because it's too fast or whatnot, you can skip it and play other songs, and within a month or so and play the song again, it'll be different
Rewben2
You have 2000 playcount and have been playing for 2 months, play more...
Weed
play more
-Chronopolis-

sikened wrote:

I've always been a slow tapper, and since I stopped alternating I can't seem to physically hit the key on my keyboard fast enough to do most streams. Is there a trick to tapping quickly I can try or some sort of finger exercises I can do? The fastest I could get on this site with one finger was about 340bpm
http://www.all8.com/tools/bpm.htm

Edit: I think it'd be cool to hear what you guys get on that site (or any bpm calculator) to see what the general speed is.
You take a look through this thead.
p/2159804

Generally the beats you single tap on maps are 1/2 notes, so for example, a 200bpm song would have singles that you would come at 400bpm (but no-one refers to that like that).

I can single tap mouse 1/2 notes for around 240 bpm for around 7 notes. For patterns longer than 8 singles, it's more like 210bpm. I've been single tapping basically since I started.

I'm not sure about other people, but here's how I pushed my effective single tap from 180 to 200bpm over a few weeks.
Start with a speed like 140 bpm, and ramp up in interals of ten, and try to tap twice for every tick.
1. For the speeds just above your limit, you are trying to hit 3 notes such that the first and third note coincide with the ticks.
2. For things at and below your limit, you are trying to play 5, 7, 9, and longer chains while keeping in time and not tensing. At speeds significantly below your limit you should be aiming to be able to tap for as long as you want.
http://a.bestmetronome.com/

Now, try to do the above except with moving your mouse in a up and down motion, as if you were hitting a alternating triplet, 5-let, etc. I found up and down to the easiest, after that try side to side, diagonal, then 3 in a consecutive line, then basically anything you can imagine. Doing this will help your hand get used to moving in time at higher speeds.

You can also do the same on a random osu song by pausing it with notes on screen, putting the cursor to the edge, and resuming. You can used the notes on screen as mock "targets" for the above practice.

Now for the actual osu. Other people may just say skip to this part (as long as you are warmed up). Play a song that's abit above what you can single tap (you still must be close enough to accurately attempt it) AND has very easy spacing. Typically the "hard" difficulties of higher bpm songs will have low spaced singles. After doing this for a few songs, go back down in bpm to a song that was right at your limit. It'll feel like you've made a decent amount of progress.
WolfCoder
play more
uzzi
Play Scarlet Rose more
Mystrian_old
Mikelicious

- [ U z z I ] - wrote:

Play Scarlet Rose more
Myke B
People always under estimate the amount of time and practice it takes to actually become decent at the game. Look at someone you think is good, and want to be like, and check their plays ;)
druidxd
No joke, play more, and once you can pass scarlet rose by singletapping you are good to go.
WolfCoder
I use LV instead of play counts since it's very easy to gain tons of counts if you like using Sudden Death or Perfect. When I had your playcount (2061), I was somewhat over level 60 if I recall because I liked just playing all the way through beatmaps. LV reflects the total points you had ever gotten (I checked the document and it does say it counts points you had when you fail a map, so practice away at that Scarlet Rose) and curves up so you'll have to play much more difficult beatmaps in the same timeframes to advance.

So go to the top 50 on scarlet rose and see the levels for players are usually around LV 100. And then... what in the fuck?

http://osu.ppy.sh/u/2006248 (no. 2 scarlet rose)

So yeah, this is either an alternate account or a hacker, so even with LV there can be anomalies. You have to look at many high-ranked players for a better view.
Myke B

WolfCoder wrote:

I use LV instead of play counts since it's very easy to gain tons of counts if you like using Sudden Death or Perfect. When I had your playcount (2061), I was somewhat over level 60 if I recall because I liked just playing all the way through beatmaps. LV reflects the total points you had ever gotten (I checked the document and it does say it counts points you had when you fail a map, so practice away at that Scarlet Rose) and curves up so you'll have to play much more difficult beatmaps in the same timeframes to advance.

So go to the top 50 on scarlet rose and see the levels for players are usually around LV 100. And then... what in the fuck?

So yeah, this is either an alternate account or a hacker, so even with LV there can be anomalies. You have to look at many high-ranked players for a better view.
Yeah, wtf. Flashlight always amazes me. I really hope he's not a hacker lol.
iderekmc
play scarlet rose
Mystrian_old

WolfCoder wrote:

How would an alternate account be a reason? I have never heard of this, would anyone be willing to explain.
Myke B
A person who has a main account, and is really good, makes a second account. Could be ww, or any top player. It's possible, but it's probably a hacker :/
Soulg
No, it's obviously a cheater.
Mystrian_old

Myke B wrote:

A person who has a main account, and is really good, makes a second account. Could be ww, or any top player. It's possible, but it's probably a hacker :/
Sounks like the guy just got god tier playing offline. Then got online.

I forgot about the modifiers, my bad.
GoldenWolf

WolfCoder wrote:

lol
this guy is obviously not legit, and he's so bad that even with hax he gets shit acc
WolfCoder
I think how he has Sudden Death on lots during plays of challenge maps is a giveaway (when you can reach the top50 even after missing a few).
Almost

WolfCoder wrote:

I think how he has Sudden Death on lots during plays of challenge maps is a giveaway (when you can reach the top50 even after missing a few).
I think the fact he randomly just did a bunch of difficult plays with FL in a space of day is the bigger giveaway. Using SD doesn't really mean anything.
shortpotato
single tap scarlet rose
Mystrian_old

GoldenWolf wrote:

lol this guy is obviously not legit, and he's so bad that even with hax he gets shit acc
So this is a hacker also?
Rewben2

Mystrian wrote:

GoldenWolf wrote:

lol this guy is obviously not legit, and he's so bad that even with hax he gets shit acc
So this is a hacker also?
Uhh, I don't see what's so special about this guy. He's rank 55k, is there anything implying he's a hacker? The other guy had #2 in scarlet rose.
FireFoxZX
i dont see a problem so what if the guy plays ALL DAY and gets a ton of ranks it doesnt mean he hacks -_-
Rewben2

FireFoxZX wrote:

i dont see a problem so what if the guy plays ALL DAY and gets a ton of ranks it doesnt mean he hacks -_-
The guys profile is removed now (surprise surprise) but the thing is he had a very good rank with low playcount (I don't know what it was because of the removed profile though). Even if you play the same song over and over and it's all you ever play, you won't be able to get a high rank with low playcount on a map such as scarlet rose. You can memorise the map back to front but it won't magically make you able to play it, building up the speed/accuracy required takes a lot of time.
Soulg
scarlet rose isnt even fast is the hardest map in the game
WolfCoder

FireFoxZX wrote:

He had only 300ish play count.
Rewben2

Soulg wrote:

scarlet rose isnt even fast is the hardest map in the game
I know there's plenty of maps harder than it, but it still requires speed that a lot of players don't have.
-Selentia
Start from single tapping a map with a Bpm that you can afford and slowly go faster day by day... You have still lots of time to go, improve patiently~
show more