1. osu! forums
  2. Beatmaps
  3. Ranked/Approved Beatmaps

show more
posted
I like how "Alextra" or something like that would probably have been accepted no problem
posted
is this map just got unranked?
posted
Since no one is really available to press the buttons, I'll do it on my own.

Please consider, that this diff name is not appropriate and neither related to the song, song theme, source, artist, title, origin or anything that involves the song you mapped (Unless, you wish her death or the end of the world, which I highly doubt)

I appreciate all your affection, but the difficulty name is not the suitable place to express your gift.

[Extra for Alexandra]

Rename to Extra.
posted
You see, this is what happens when I don't use osu! for a day.

• *I got here from twitter
posted
posted
Oh please.
posted
well i agree the diff name has no relevance to the song but why cant the mapper have something special engraved for their loved ones...
posted
Storyboard, Creator's words, just to name a few examples.
posted

Kibbleru wrote:

well i agree the diff name has no relevance to the song but why cant the mapper have something special engraved for their loved ones...
The beatmap description is still offering its service.
posted
Is "Easy" "Normal" "Hard" or even "Insane" related to the song?
posted

Kibbleru wrote:

...Because there's better places to do that than in a difficulty name on a map in osu?
posted

dkun wrote:

Almost all my maps are love songs dedicated to someone. I don't have anything of the sort. How about putting your love and affection to somewhere that won't stir the bucket up?

Or rather, putting it somewhere that matters.
posted

Kibbleru wrote:

its like getting a map speedranked because its your birthday

sure its a nice gesture but if theres something wrong then im sure as hell it wont stay qualified
posted
We already had one argument back then about Loctav, and now this is going to be a second one. Can't we just change the difficulty, throw the whatever in the Beatmap Description and continue with life.
posted
We can use free diff name in pending, but not in ranked.
It's just a rule for obstinate people, but certainly rule.
posted

Lust wrote:

its like getting a map speedranked because its your birthday
:(
posted
lol I can't really understand why people can put anything else on the diffname and can't put a name of a person even if they specify the diff.
posted
yeah kyshiro i know you're in love etc
but naming diff like "extra for my alexandra" and ranking it... it's weird because ranking means that you made map/diff for whole osu community, not just only one girl
posted
This is ridiculous lel no matter how you measure the diff name, the fact is that it both 1.indicates the difficulty(the fundamental usage of diff name) 2.fit the rules well. If you have any problem regarding the diff name you can to bring it up to the community, but not unqualified it without gathering enough feedback. I highly doubt if the majority of QATs agree on this qualification since it violates none of the rule, and it works perfectly fine as a diff name anyway.
posted

Ranking Criteria wrote:

A difficulty's name must indicate its level of difficulty, with the exception of the hardest level of difficulty in a set. The mapset's hardest difficulty may use an appropriate custom difficulty name, unrelated to a username. Mapsets may also use a complete set of custom difficulty names that clearly indicate their level of difficulty to the player. Marathon maps with a single difficulty may use free naming.
Really now
show more